HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Devils@Panthers "The Devils Rejects"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2011, 07:32 PM
  #101
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 15,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Zero is right here. As a D-man, you CANNOT chase behind the net. You end up leaving the slot wide open. Kuli got caught semi-covering the pass up the boards, and he shouldn't have even thought about that guy. It wasn't a terrible play, cause most times that stuff play doesn't work. But the difference was that he got several whacks at it before he got hit, and that allowed the goal to happen.

As for McCabe, if no opposing team member is in the low slot, then great, less work for him. But his job in that situation is to keep the front of the net clear, and if no one is there, he's got to clear any rebounds. When someone jams at the side of the net, the puck has a way of getting into the slot. If Caber goes behind the net, the slot is left wide open and he can't clear any rebounds out.

The fault on that goal goes to Kuli, and then Clemmer, but it was pretty flukey either way.
Kulikov was in no way at fault for that goal. He had his man the whole time. I'd like to know exactly what he did wrong there. He almost caught up to McCabe's man to stop that goal. McCabe's man. I'd like to know how McCabe is not at fault in any of this in the eyes of so many.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
01-16-2011, 08:10 PM
  #102
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 6,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Kulikov was in no way at fault for that goal. He had his man the whole time. I'd like to know exactly what he did wrong there. He almost caught up to McCabe's man to stop that goal. McCabe's man. I'd like to know how McCabe is not at fault in any of this in the eyes of so many.
mccabe had the POST!!! that's his job - to keep the guy behind the net from jamming the puck in. i agree that kuli wasn't totally responsible either. like i said, i blame the reasoner/stiller; first guy back defensively has to fill the center's role and help out down low as the 3rd D. sometimes the case ins't clear so the two guys coming back have to communicate by telling the other guy "i got low". in this case they didn't, apparently and neither helped out. helping out doesn't just mean covering the slot, it means backing up your D.

zeroG is offline  
Old
01-16-2011, 08:27 PM
  #103
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 15,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
mccabe had the POST!!! that's his job - to keep the guy behind the net from jamming the puck in. i agree that kuli wasn't totally responsible either. like i said, i blame the reasoner/stiller; first guy back defensively has to fill the center's role and help out down low as the 3rd D. sometimes the case ins't clear so the two guys coming back have to communicate by telling the other guy "i got low". in this case they didn't, apparently and neither helped out. helping out doesn't just mean covering the slot, it means backing up your D.
I agree, it was pretty much 100% Reasoner's fault, and I kinda back off of Caber now after watching the replay over and over. Reasoner and Stillman were pretty useless on that play, well the combo of the two of them guarding one guy anyway. They were basically pylons and let Clarkson just come out from behind and whack away until he scored. They barely moved. Kulikov finished his check on his man, which is what he's supposed to do, and then almost caught up to Clarkson completely and stickchecked him but lost his balance at the last second. There's no way he did anything wrong there.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
01-16-2011, 08:43 PM
  #104
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 15,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
There's nothing wrong with that. Just don't sign him to a 6 yr, $20M contract.



He has been playing well lately. Despite his lack of production and bad contract, I have a soft spot for Olesz. As someone mentioned, his look of utter relief after scoring a goal the other night was telling. He gets a lot of hate (even some from me ), but it's not his fault that the organization offered him that contract. Was he expected to say "no, I'd like less money please"?

I wonder what kind of a hockey player he'd be if he'd been drafted by Detroit.



I love that kid's game. If he continues to develop, he could become a poor man's Datsyuk for us. Of course, our young players have a history of stunted growth. Hopefully things are changing.
When did you become a mod? LOL. I didn't even notice.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
01-16-2011, 08:53 PM
  #105
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
When did you become a mod? LOL. I didn't even notice.
Yeah, me neither...congrats ATF!

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.