Notices

Flames 2 Maple Leafs 1 (SO)

Old
01-15-2011, 09:01 PM
GoFlames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
lol you guys ever get the "Whats so great about that stupid site!" , drives my gf crazy at times
meh, I just ignore the complaining, pass some money and she quiets down quickly...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 09:03 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Does anyone understand why they thought Tangs shootout goal shouldn't have counted? So if it hits the goalie and goes in and doesn't count? That's kind of a stupid rule. Once it's off the shooters stick if it's in the net it should count.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 09:04 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Pardy's done very well with the extra ice time he's recieving with reggie out
Totally... is Pardy sick with a fever or something? That real bad lazy "play" last game that cost a goal must have led to coaches ripping him a new one. It has worked.

Old
01-15-2011, 09:04 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck91 View Post
Does anyone understand why they thought Tangs shootout goal shouldn't have counted? So if it hits the goalie and goes in and doesn't count? That's kind of a stupid rule. Once it's off the shooters stick if it's in the net it should count.
It should not count because the Leafs are entitled to win me thinks

Old
01-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Unlimited Chequing
Sweatpants: 9-5-0

vCash: 2899
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I hate to admit it, but Jokinen is starting to grow on me. He has had a good and consistent last couple of months.

Does anyone remember when he slapped the puck at Luongo in last years preseason.

That was dam classic!!
He's sloooooowly starting to grow on me too. You can't deny he puts in the effort. He just has no luck in finishing.

Unlimited Chequing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 09:08 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Well just sum it up and say CBC
True, the only thing worth watching on CBC is hockey, but then even that is force fed that endless bottom feeder team the Leafs. I can not think of anything else even worth watching on that channel, esp the grossly left wing bias.

Old
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
I hate to admit it, but Jokinen is starting to grow on me. He has had a good and consistent last couple of months.

Does anyone remember when he slapped the puck at Luongo in last years preseason.

That was dam classic!!
Oh maybe Olli can start earning his money and have something remotely close to positive trade value.

Old
01-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Grannys

Quote:
They thought Tang's stick hit the puck a second time after the puck had been slowed down by Gigueres pads. Which it didnt so its definitely a good goal.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:08 PM
IrMitchell*

Pretty boring game, but I thought I'd come share some insight to what I saw.

Iginla was flying tonight, Kotalik has no shot, J Bouw is terribly underwhelming (such a shame), Stajan + Hagman were just as I remember them only were wearing red and not blue, Babchuk is scary as hell when he takes the point shot and uh where was Backlund?

Anyways, look forward to next year I guess, good luck on your playoff hopes Flames fans.

IrMitchell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frann3 View Post

Iginla was flying tonight, Kotalik has no shot, J Bouw is terribly underwhelming (such a shame), Stajan + Hagman were just as I remember them only were wearing red and not blue, Babchuk is scary as hell when he takes the point shot and uh where was Backlund?

Anyways, look forward to next year I guess, good luck on your playoff hopes Flames fans.
I love it when a guy comes in and "politely talks smack", all while losing a game and while his team's actually below ours in the standing... not easy to be, but there it is.

Signature is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:33 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Quote:

You comment on scary Babchuk's shot is, and trash Kotalik's. Yet in the skills competition Kotalik has the hardest shot on the Flames. That is Kotalik's biggest asset.

And regarding Bouw, nice to see you can only look at the score sheet. Because points are the only aspect of hockey. I actually Bouw had quite a good game, he definitely out played Dion.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:35 PM
saillias

Why don't they just call it the Leafs Broadcast already? They've got charts pointing out where Toronto statistically has the best chance of scoring on Calgary. That's football level analysis. If they're that invested in Toronto's success maybe get the colour guy to just hand Wilson the whiteboard with the stats on it, sheesh

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:45 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Quote:

That's funny, I was looking for Kadri out there... hmm.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Grannys

Olli, Iginla, Tangs, Kipper, Jackman, Gio and JBo stood out to me, they all had hop to their game and attempted to make the best of the night with chances. The rest of the team giving it only 50% was the reason these guys didnt show up better on the score sheet.

Kotalik and Bourque stood out to negatively. For as much as good both of these guys do they also equal that in the negative. Bourque might have some nice chances but he gets caught out of position so many times and barely makes any effort to skate... hence sometimes getting caught with a hooking penalty. The same goes for "can we please send him to Siberia" Kotalik who, sure made a good goal in the shootout, just misfires on so many opportunities. For these guys the bad outweighs the good.

The rest of the team, were completely invisible tonight.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Oil fan come in peace I say the Flames pull themselves into the playoff race by middle of febuary and this team really misses Langkow

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:55 AM
DBU
Author Mode

vCash: 464
Quote:

In all honesty, Backlund impressed me in the first period. I thought he and Jackman were jumping to start the game.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:50 AM
IrMitchell*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys View Post
I love it when a guy comes in and "politely talks smack", all while losing a game and while his team's actually below ours in the standing... not easy to be, but there it is.
I'm not politely talking smack, I'm being serious. I love when people from other teams tell me who played well and who didn't, give you a change of opinion.
Quote:
You comment on scary Babchuk's shot is, and trash Kotalik's. Yet in the skills competition Kotalik has the hardest shot on the Flames. That is Kotalik's biggest asset.

And regarding Bouw, nice to see you can only look at the score sheet. Because points are the only aspect of hockey. I actually Bouw had quite a good game, he definitely out played Dion.
I actually know that Kotalik has a so called "good shot", but he had three opportunities to put the game away and just absolutely couldn't do a thing with the puck. Nice shootout goal, but no his shot is brutal and if even if it's a nice shot in theory, it doesn't work on the ice.

I wasn't looking at the score sheet, in fact I don't even know how many points the guy has nor do I care. Again just giving you my opinion of the two games I saw this year and the few from last year. Oh and with Dion, he actually played a great third period.. But I will agree with you that Dion is also "terribly underwhelming" which is also such a shame.
Quote:
Kadri was drafted in 2009, Backlund in 2007. Backlund didn't become an NHL regular until 2010/11. Kadri still has two years to match Backlunds NHL ability at a young age. I understand Backlund most likely had a Swedish contract to full out (assuming), but it's still pretty biased of you to start telling me that a two year difference in the draft doesn't hold any significance when comparing how long it took for these two players to step into the NHL. On a different note, where's Greg Nemisz?

Anyways, I'm really just going to leave because I don't plan on starting any arguments. When I say good luck in the playoffs, I really mean it and I have no hate for Calgary.

IrMitchell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Ace Rimmer
What a guy!

vCash: 15000
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilsburnsclean View Post
Oil fan come in peace I say the Flames pull themselves into the playoff race by middle of febuary and this team really misses Langkow

This was a pretty solid road game, in the Sutter mold. Still, a playoff spot is pretty far out of the picture right now.

Ace Rimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post

This was a pretty solid road game, in the Sutter mold. Still, a playoff spot is pretty far out of the picture right now.
Minnesota catapulted themselves from 13th to 8th over a 10 game stretch... and have dropped back to 12th since... its about winning games against the right teams... 22 of our remaining 37 games are against teams that currently are within 8 points of us in the standings

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post

In this draft I don't think there's a big difference between picking 8th (where we are now) and 14th (if we narrowly miss a playoff spot) so I'm content with making the push no matter how unlikely it seems. As mentioned there's a good chance to make up those points.

Quite frankly I think it will be just as hard to 'undertake' the teams below us as it will be to overtake the teams ahead of us.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:02 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Who?

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Oblivion

Overall the game wasn't great to watch, two teams with scoring troubles, but I liked the effort the Flames put forth and I think the Leafs were incredibly fortunate to salvage a point out of the evening. Regardless, the Flames actually deserved to win this game and I'm happy that they got the win they should have.

Also, strong game by Pardy as noted by the commentators throughout. It seemed like he was on the ice for everything; even pinching on the Stajan goal.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:42 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys View Post
Totally but would you expect anything except that from Leafs fans...?

Old
01-16-2011, 04:44 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Why don't they just call it the Leafs Broadcast already? They've got charts pointing out where Toronto statistically has the best chance of scoring on Calgary. That's football level analysis. If they're that invested in Toronto's success maybe get the colour guy to just hand Wilson the whiteboard with the stats on it, sheesh
I guess if you live by that stinky lake you have to make it sound better than reality. Typical biased nattering CBC commentary. Makes me miss TSN and Sportsnet, anything but CBC.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:07 PM
flameaholic
#neverquit

Always fun beating the Leafs!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote