HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Questions about your russian

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2004, 05:29 PM
CrossCheck

vCash: 500
Questions about your russian

Following that Radulov selection, people have been dreaming about him, Galachev and Shish... My question is : Is Shishkanov that much of a prospect? I mean, I've heard that he's a very good offensive "project" but he did'nt have that much success in Milwaukee this year...

Is he still regarded as a top line material in 2-3 years? And what happened to him in the AHL this year? What can we expect from him next season?

Thanks! And by the way, as a hab fan, I'm starting to think that your team is getting more and more scary to look at on paper...

Old
06-27-2004, 05:46 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCheck
Following that Radulov selection, people have been dreaming about him, Galachev and Shish... My question is : Is Shishkanov that much of a prospect? I mean, I've heard that he's a very good offensive "project" but he did'nt have that much success in Milwaukee this year...

Is he still regarded as a top line material in 2-3 years? And what happened to him in the AHL this year? What can we expect from him next season?

Thanks! And by the way, as a hab fan, I'm starting to think that your team is getting more and more scary to look at on paper...

He lead the AHL rookies in goals didn't he? I thought Shish had a great rookie season in the AHL, he has to work on his defense but he's doing great, one of our best prospects.

Old
06-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
He lead the AHL rookies in goals didn't he? I thought Shish had a great rookie season in the AHL, he has to work on his defense but he's doing great, one of our best prospects.
He finished #1 for Milwaukee's rookie points; 10th in points - 43 points in 63 games during the regular season; 3rd in the regular season in rookie +/-; tied for 6th with Zanon in rookie points in the playoffs with 8.

Old
06-27-2004, 06:47 PM
FD

Quote:
My question is : Is Shishkanov that much of a prospect?
I think many Preds fans would argue that Shishkanov is the #1 prospect in the system. He was leading the AHL in rookie points, until an injury near the last third of the season sat him out.

Old
06-27-2004, 07:40 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

As as often the case with Preds prospects, he is under-rated here abouts. Whever any of us that follow the Pred's system try to come to his defense, we are just accused of being homers.
As if nobody else on the board isn't somewhat of a homer-- how can you consider yourself a fan without knowing more about your team's prospects?

Anyway, only time will tell. There has been a pretty heavy Russian influence to Pred's drafting since the shakeup last year. If they know what they are doing, the team will be well stocked soon enough.

Old
06-27-2004, 10:58 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:

Shish is still incredibly well thought of in the Predators organization. As people have said, he had a wonderful year in Milwaukee up until he got injured and carried a PPG pace throughout a good portion of the season. After coming back from the nasty ankle injury, he was never the same until towards the middle part of the playoffs. He's proven to us that he can be a major player in the AHL. But he hasn't proven he can be an NHLer yet. And until he learns to play good defense, he won't get a ton of chances in Nashville. I think he'll spend a good bit of the year in Milwaukee working out the kinks and then see some time in Nashville. He's a great prospect. He's big, very strong, very fast, quite agile, great shot, great nose for the net, and he can be quite physical.

Old
06-27-2004, 11:22 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
hey what's with the co-opted username, bro?

Closed Thread