HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

#43 | Buffalo Sabres vs. New York Islanders | Jan 15 | 7:00p

Old
01-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Awesome game! JT is really on fire I was hoping he'd go for the ovechtrick. Good to see comeau continue his solid play and to see Grabs FINALLY net one of those it seems as if he's had multiple opportunities a game lately. Wtf was gillies doing late in the third on the ice let alone starting **** which led to a goal against us? DP looked slow I'm not even going to touch that tho... finally was good to head the crowd yelling go home buffalo at the end haha great game!

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:11 AM
malPHONEY

vCash: 500
I know this is a reactionary post, but the Roloson deal looks better considering his recent struggles. We have a 41 year old goaltender, who is an impending free agent and playing way above his capabilities. And the goaltending since we traded him hs been mostly solid. I'm not sure the trade has cost us any wins like he has for the Lightning.

I don't hate him, but regression to the mean and all. Now if Wishart succeeds the trade will actually be successful.

malPHONEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Sammy2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
The greatest goalie of all time, Martin Brodeur does it quite often. It's actually something cool to see and a skill to be able to do when done well. Hextall used to do it as well.

A shame our goalie was so crappy tonight though. I mean 3 goals he let it was terrible. We need Roli back. I'm pretty sure he's done ok in his last two games. 3 goals in unacceptable, Poulin would never let this happen.

Great game JT, go Isles!
Are you actually comparing MB to DP? I'm pretty sure Roli has actually won a playoff round or two. Let me know when DP does.

Last edited by Sammy2010*: 01-16-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:40 AM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Awesome.

This Tavares child, not bad. Nor this Grabner prospect.

NYI All time Wins
1. Billy Smith* 304
2. Glenn Resch 157
3. Rick DiPietro 126
4. Kelly Hrudey 106

He's coming, Chico.

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:59 AM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Was in attendance tonight, boycotted games for almost 3 months, but they're playing better, so I gave them a shot. In section 218, perfect sightlines for a PAP turnover...or...a JT hatty.

For a team that "traps," their flow and output wouldn't suggest so, nor would their shots against totals (which has been very high recently).

JT is coming into form, so much more poised around the net; looking as if he's playing back in his OHL days.

Comeau continuing his production, glad they showed patience with him.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Groin Of Bates

So, everyone is back on the Comeau train now that he's hot during his annual December to remember--->Fantastic February?

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Tavares2TheRescue
#FireCapuano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2010 View Post
Are you actually comparing MB to DP? I'm pretty sure Roli has actually won a playoff round or two. Let me know when DP does.
So you're not aloud to shoot at an empty net unless you've won a playoff series?

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:55 AM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Of Bates View Post
So, everyone is back on the Comeau train now that he's hot during his annual December to remember--->Fantastic February?
I'm never getting back on that train. Sorry. I just don't think he's an every game hustle player.

Old
01-16-2011, 02:33 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

The first goal by JT was awesome, he is really starting to score a lot more goals like that lately, he is still getting his goals around the net, but he is starting to score from other areas.

I thought AMac and Hamonic had a good bounce back game tonight.

Comeau, Bailey, and Grabner, all looked very good IMO. Good too see Grabner finally cash in, he has gotten so many chances over the last few games. He is on pace for 20 goals now, which wouldn't be a bad rookie year for a guy not getting much ice-time.

DP was also good, thats 4 straight wins for him, he needs to have a solid 2nd half if we want to be competitive next year, we can't start the season with DP trying to work out the kinks. This is his chance, he needs to get his **** together over these last 40 games.

Last edited by Doug Height: 01-16-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:21 AM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
I'm not sure the trade has cost us any wins like he has for the Lightning.
lightning fans are saying that he's been left out to dry in all of his mediocre games

It Was 4 to 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:24 AM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2010 View Post
Not really, if you read it carefully.

DiPietro, Brodeur, Turco, and some other goalies are puck handling goalies. They work well behind the net, or at least enjoy that aspect of puck handling as a goalie to help the defensemen.

Albeit before the stupid trapezoid rule that has strictly limited such efforts.

Main point is the idea they both like to play the puck.

If you read my other post, you would see I say Marty is the best goalie of all time and I don't have DiPietro even close to as good as Marty.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnpike Terrors View Post
Awesome game! JT is really on fire I was hoping he'd go for the ovechtrick. Good to see comeau continue his solid play and to see Grabs FINALLY net one of those it seems as if he's had multiple opportunities a game lately. Wtf was gillies doing late in the third on the ice let alone starting **** which led to a goal against us? DP looked slow I'm not even going to touch that tho... finally was good to head the crowd yelling go home buffalo at the end haha great game!
As much as I hate Gillies that goal was not even close to his fault. He should not have been on the ice, but we all know that. Gillies made a hit in the corner that drew 3 Sabres to him. When Buffalo scored it was a 2 on 4 and the Isles still allowed them to put it in.

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Volek View Post
I'm never getting back on that train. Sorry. I just don't think he's an every game hustle player.
I'm with you on this, but he he continues to show up and play 9 games out of 10 for the rest of the season, I'll definitely change my tune going into next year. I'm glad he's been producing recently, but we've seen this before. If history repeats itself, it's only a matter of time before he reverts back to his usual uninterested self.

Strummergas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Watched the highlights, seemed like a great game. Sorry to have missed it!!

01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
As much as I hate Gillies that goal was not even close to his fault. He should not have been on the ice, but we all know that. Gillies made a hit in the corner that drew 3 Sabres to him. When Buffalo scored it was a 2 on 4 and the Isles still allowed them to put it in.
I dislike Gillies as much as the next guy, but that hit was fantastic. It was Vanek no less, which made it that much better.

If it were Avery or Gaborik, I'd have creamed my pants.

I actually like the idea of Capuano putting him out there w/JT late in a blow out in place of Moulson.

Gillies is a forward version of Garth Snow... a puppet.... he will go through walls if the coach says so.

I still can't for the life of me understand Capuano calling time out after that Buffalo near goal.... thus, giving Toronto extra time to review the play. Stupid. Just plain stupid.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:00 AM
C77

Didn't want to start a new thread here....but I was looking at old hockey cards on the internet and I came across this and felt it had to be shared.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:40 AM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread here....but I was looking at old hockey cards on the internet and I came across this and felt it had to be shared.

I'll be your wingman, any time.

Old
01-16-2011, 02:05 PM
crashthenet

I thought beside the obvious, Bailey played well as did Macdonald. Capuano inches towards .500?

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:42 AM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
The "Comeau train?" I've always been a supporter of his, early on he seemed more like a 3rd liner, over the past few weeks he seems more like a 2nd liner. He's probably some where in between, and I'm glad the organization showed patience with him. Something seems different about his game this year, like he's finally putting things together. No, not to become a perennial all star, but a bonafide NHL'er.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:38 AM
Groin Of Bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
The "Comeau train?" I've always been a supporter of his, early on he seemed more like a 3rd liner, over the past few weeks he seems more like a 2nd liner. He's probably some where in between, and I'm glad the organization showed patience with him. Something seems different about his game this year, like he's finally putting things together. No, not to become a perennial all star, but a bonafide NHL'er.
Until he disappears for games at a time and demonstrates the same inconsistent gameplay that he gave the team for the first half of the season (save the first 8 games or so)...and demonstrated the same thing the year before this one

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote