HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

I wish every day was game day

Old
01-18-2011, 10:16 AM
HallOfGreatness4

vCash: 500
I wish every day was game day

As a growing fan of this sport and team, I find myself in a better mood on the day of games. Increasingly every single day we have a game later that night, I can't wait to fire up the ATDHE.net and find the game and just paying attention to the skill of the passing and the hitting and the body checks (although I'd like to see the Oilers do that more). I love learning the history of the sport, the franchise, and the countries that it's been founded on. Where Baseball and NFL are like second nature to me, finding out about this great game that I have only paid secondary attention to is like a whole new fascinating world to me.

I love playing on Thursday nights, staying up late and listening to the post game show. Basically starting the weekend a night early. I think Hockey Night in Canada is like the coolest thing ever.

And the thing is, I love it all and it's not even a winning season. Things are only going to get better and more exciting. Love coming here and reading and learning and discussing with such nice and down to earth die-hard fans.

Went to a high school hockey game at the local rink the other night. Had a great time watching it. Can't wait to see the Oil play here locally the saturday before the Super Bowl for my first live Oilers game.

I love this sport. I love game day and wish it was every day.

HallOfGreatness4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:18 AM
ales83fan

and this is cheering for the WORST team in the league. Imagine your cheer if we were something way higher, say 27th or dare I say, 25th!

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:25 AM
HallOfGreatness4

I'll admit... I don't know if I'm ready for cup fever. I'm just not. My obsession level would be overboard. I spend all day at work looking up Hockey history, stats, reading about legends of the games and traditions of the NHL.

HallOfGreatness4 is offline   Reply With Quote