HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price bails us out in 3rd, we hang on for a win

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2011, 04:26 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal4Life View Post
1. True, but if he will be detrimental ( especially more than weber has been), let him sit.

2. I never mentionned anything about Carle, you are the one who introduced him in a previous response. I wasnt commenting on that portion of you response. I feel that mentionning Carle as a replacement for Weber is an instant discussion closer... he deserves to play for the Habs less than Carle does, that is for sure.

3. Well, he is a rookie. The point is to get them to develop. With that attitude, hell, dont let Plekanec play in his first rookie year, or Markov. Have to let them grow, and that wont happen by playing on the bench or AHL. Continuing with that attitude, screw Pacs and screw Eller and screw DD and screw Pouliot.
1. We agree on this.
2. Maybe, but then, why did you quoted one of my messages taking about Carle?
3. Carle is a rookie as well, Brandon Nash is a rookie as well, and it's not like Weber brings to this team what he's supposed to bring.

Old
01-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Montreal4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
1. We agree on this.
2. Maybe, but then, why did you quoted one of my messages taking about Carle?
3. Carle is a rookie as well, Brandon Nash is a rookie as well, and it's not like Weber brings to this team what he's supposed to bring.

1. Good
2. Continuing our conversation. You had started by commenting on my responses. You had never talked about Carle yet. I had nothing to add to that comment. I was just responding to your comment after I had posted. YOu disagreed with what I said, I just commented on the disagreement. If you want, just review the back and forth.
3. True, you think they would do better? My opinion is no. You might have a different opinion however. Doesnt make it true or not. But I dout any of them get called up unless there is another injury.

Old
01-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Crystal Met

weber and picard are not regular nhl d-men
the obyrne trade pisses me off right now

Old
01-16-2011, 04:34 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Congrats to Roman Hamrlik. Maybe not meaningful enough to post here but anyway with last night's game he surpassed Jaromir Jagr to become the Czech having played in the second most NHL games next to Bobby Holik. I don't think Hamrlik can pass him this year but early next year if Hammer's health treats him good. Good luck, Hammer with that endeavor no matter when and where it is.

I think it's cool given he was not much beyond eighteen years old when he started. And coming from a former Communist Bloc, not knowing any English, North American culture or lifestyle he's come a long way.

Old
01-16-2011, 04:38 PM
MXD

Quote:
3. True, you think they would do better? My opinion is no. You might have a different opinion however. Doesnt make it true or not. But I dout any of them get called up unless there is another injury.
Well, they'd certainly be safer. And I'm not sure Weber is really needed on the PP (Spacek can play there).

Bottom-line : I'd really like to see what Brendon Nash can do. Too bad he's a LHS. Carle is a RHS...

Old
01-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Read HabsInsideOut tomorrow. Should be very interesting...

Old
01-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Why?n

Old
01-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Hummm...
Well, first, Picard has to play once in a while, or else he's pointless as a 7th D-Men.

Second, what does this fact has anything to do with a possible Carle callup? (or even Nash...) You quoted a message taking about a possible Carle callup, why suddenly bring Picard?

And how can you be sure that Weber will improve?!
22 years old is a bit early to write someone off... LOL

Old
01-16-2011, 04:53 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
22 years old is a bit early to write someone off... LOL
Man, there were people who wrote Carey Price and Guillaume Latendresse off when they were the same age...

And there were many, many players that stopped improving at 22 years old. Weber wouldn't be a first, far from it.

I'd really shop the guy right now : some people may like him as much as this board does.

Old
01-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Montreal4Life

Quote:
Man, there were people who wrote Carey Price and Guillaume Latendresse off when they were the same age...
But it wasnt right then, it isnt right now

Old
01-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
were they wrong? terribly

Old
01-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Now now... I don't think that's what Jaybee is saying. Gionta is not going to instate the fear of Jesus into anyone, is he?
I was referring to a post where some players charged to the defense of a teammate after one was crushed by a hit, or something of the sort. Jaybee said he couldn't remember when our players last stood up for one another.
To which I responded with a number of highlights where our players stood by each other. Yesterday was just another example.

I'm not dumb enough to argue we are a physically intimidating team. Would be great if we were, but I put no significant importance on.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:03 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
were they wrong? terribly
That's exactly where I'm going. I know I was right with Price AND with Latendresse.

Now, I'm looking at Weber. My conclusion? At best a PPQB, and not a great one at that, but a bottom-pairing guy in the grand scheme of things, who isn't THERE YET. Lacks the fundamentals to play more than 16 minutes a night.

I mean, I wouldn't suffer a guy who is a liability at this point (other than being a RHS, which is an asset on this team), in order to help him reach his ceiling, who isn't exactly high to begin with.

I'd shop him. As I said, somebody might love him as much as you do, and we could get something with a higher ceiling, a guy who is better than he is right now, or a draft pick that would have a good probability of being better than Weber is.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm not dumb enough to argue we are a physically intimidating team. Would be great if we were, but I put no significant importance on.
I would never say, insinuate or even think that you're dumb Kriss.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Montreal4Life

Quote:

And there were many, many players that stopped improving at 22 years old. Weber wouldn't be a first, far from it.

I'd really shop the guy right now : some people may like him as much as this board does.
But see, that's it. Carle and Nash havent proven to be better. Could they? Maybe. But we will only know in 2-3 years. Right now, its a gamble. Weber has shown more promise so we owe ourselves to give him time to adapt and grow. I am willing to bet that, given the same time and amount of games, Carle and Nash would not have done better. And I'm willing to bet my yearly salary. But the result will only be known in 2-3 years. Nobody knows better as of right now.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I would never say, insinuate or even think that you're dumb Kriss.
I know you know better Asterix, old nemesis.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:23 PM
MXD

Quote:
But see, that's it. Carle and Nash havent proven to be better. Could they? Maybe. But we will only know in 2-3 years. Right now, its a gamble. Weber has shown more promise so we owe ourselves to give him time to adapt and grow. I am willing to bet that, given the same time and amount of games, Carle and Nash would not have done better. And I'm willing to bet my yearly salary. But the result will only be known in 2-3 years. Nobody knows better as of right now.
In two or three years? They are both OLDER than Weber.

I agree that Nash needs a full year in the AHL -- besides, he's a LHS, and with Hamrlik-Wiz being the 1st pairing and Gill-Subban being the 2nd, only Spacek remains, and he's a LHS. Just for that, Nash isn't really an option.

But Carle? I mean, Hamrlik and Wiz probably have more icetime than they should to begin with, and should certainy not play 25 minutes. Same thing with Hal Gill. Subban plays with Gill (except on the PP), so Subban's IT is pretty much limited by Gill.

If Martin is to play Spacek 12 minutes because he's paired with Weber, thus giving too much IT to the other players, by all means, get another guy in the lineup. I agree that getting Picard in the lineup wouldn't necessarily be better (not that great + LHS). I'm not the biggest Spacek fan here, but we need him to play around 16-17 minutes right now with the current setup, because of Markov's injury. Having Gill play 20 minutes isn't the best idea either, unless we get 5+ penalties, but he has been rather effective since playing with Subban, so I don't have much of a problem with that.

Bottom-line : we might need somebody else in the lineup if we're aiming for the playoffs (which is what I think the Habs are doing). But until then, I'd like to see what Carle could do, because I just don't know what Weber brings -- other than being a RHS.

EDIT : Festerling is a LHS as well... I can't tell whether he has experience on the right side or not.

Last edited by MXD: 01-16-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old
01-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
weber and picard are not regular nhl d-men
the obyrne trade pisses me off right now
Only right now?

Old
01-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I know you know better Asterix, old nemesis.
Oh it's not only knowing better, I just don't think that way.

Old
01-16-2011, 07:15 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Care to elaborate?

01-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Care to elaborate?
Yeah ?

Old
01-16-2011, 07:27 PM
guest1467

Quote:
That's exactly where I'm going. I know I was right with Price AND with Latendresse.
What exactly has Lats proven.

Old
01-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Gally11

When I suggested Carle I wasn't necessarily writing out Weber.. But if we're going to be switching back and forth between two defensemen I would rather it be two that are growing with the organization rather than Picard. Put Picard on waivers so that nobody can pick him up lol

Old
01-16-2011, 08:02 PM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Yeah ?
Iginla will play with Montreal tomorrow.

Old
01-16-2011, 08:21 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
What exactly has Lats proven.
Ability to play on a Top-6.
(He didn't quite do it in Montreal. Actually, did it, but didn't show that it was his place).

Closed Thread