HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosby out of all star game?

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2011, 07:45 AM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Crosby out of all star game?

This is from the globe and mail in Canada. Wow

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...medium=twitter

Also from the Globe this morning:
1. Crosby says nothing, but will he be heard?

The Globe’s own David Shoalts has stirred up the punch bowl in advance of the announcement of the all-star captains today -- Sidney Crosby, still out with concussion symptoms following a pair of hits that weren’t penalized and didn’t draw suspensions, may suspend himself from the festivities: The word filtering out of the Pittsburgh Penguins is that Crosby is an angry young man, angry enough to pull his considerable star presence from one of the league’s showcase events because he does not think the NHL is doing enough to protect its players. An NHL source said Crosby is not likely to tell the NHL he is withdrawing from the all-star game to protest the fact neither player who hit him on the head was suspended. However, he could easily decline and cite the need for complete recovery from a mild concussion.The source said Crosby, who showed up at the all-star game in Montreal two years ago even though he sustained a knee injury and could not play, is not inclined to do any more such favours right now.

Meanwhile Greg Wyshinski, aka Puck Daddy, seems to think that a well-timed leak from the Crosby/Penguins camp is all the protest that is going to happen: I don't believe Crosby will miss the All-Star Game in protest. I do believe he could miss it due to injury. I also believe that when it comes to making a statement about the NHL 's policies, leaking this to the Globe & Mail the day before Crosby's likely named an All-Star captain *is* the protest

Old
01-18-2011, 07:57 AM
BernieParent

So Sidney is still in a snit about a so-so questionable hit and a legal check? I guess he should just have a special jersey with "Stop!" signs on the front, back and sides. Good thing he's on a team of teetotalers and law-abiding citizens who wouldn't dream of any such questionable conduct!

The thought of a concussed Crosby being named captain makes me chuckle about the prospect of him, still addled from the effects, ending up with a starting line-up of himself, Gino, Mario Lemieux, his mom, a guy named Pierre he once played with "he's really good on defense, I swear!" and Yosemite Sam in nets.

Old
01-18-2011, 08:06 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
neither hit was suspension worthy, he is just being a baby. Now he knows how Savard felt when Cooke ruined him

Old
01-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

If either hit was questionable, i would support crosby 100% on this one. But they wern't, and he's just being a ***** because he got hit. Superstars are not allowed to get hit apparently

Old
01-18-2011, 08:44 AM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

If you read the article, Sid hasn't said squat. The Globe writer is making a lot of **** up.

Quote:
While Crosby has not said publicly he is angry enough with the NHL to boycott the all-star game

Old
01-18-2011, 08:49 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
This has nothing to do with the Flyers

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Closed Thread