HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#44 : Kings vs. Oilers - 1/15/’10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS ‎

Old
01-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
#44 : Kings vs. Oilers - 1/15/’10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS ‎

Last edited by Puck U: 01-16-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1027
Kings (5) vs. Oilers (2) - 01/15/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

We win!

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:57 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Good job Kings!

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:58 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

The win is NICE, very NICE, and necessary.

BUT ITS HOW THEY WON. Did anyone notice that the dump in wasnt the most evident form of offense for the Kings during the 1st 45 minutes. Not a single goal was scored off the dump and chase or cycle. All goals off the rush with possession being held while bringing it into the zone. Only in the last 12-13 minutes did the dump in become evident.

And unlike what was said about the preceeding game, the Kings played with a high level of compete. They hustled and they banged bodies.

On to Dallas to gain some ground. Remember how this game was won, and it wasnt dump and chase!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

END of GAME

KINGS WIN !!!
(44 gp = 24-19-1 = 49 pts)
4th Pacific / 9th West / 18th NHL

KINGS = 5 : 2 = OILERS

SOG : KINGS = 23 : 26 = OILERS
PIM : KINGS = 10 : 6 = OILERS
HITS : KINGS = 26 : 31 = OILERS
Giveaways : KINGS = 14 : 13 = OILERS
Takeaways : KINGS = 10 : 1 = OILERS
Face-Offs Won : KINGS = 31 : 23 = OILERS

WINNING GOALTENDER Losing Goaltender

THREE STAR Selections
1st : = Goals: 1, Assists: 1
2nd : = Goals: 2, Assists: 0
3rd : = Goals: 0, Assists: 1

RECAP = http://kings.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2010020670
BOXSCORE = http://kings.nhl.com/club/boxscore.htm?id=2010020670
GAME VIDEO = http://kings.nhl.com/club/gamevideo.htm?id=2010020670
PHOTOGALLERY = http://kings.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=19713

Last edited by Puck U: 01-16-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
All We Do Is Lose Lose Lose Lose Win Lose Lose Win!

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Shellz

Oh yeah, Drew didn't decline any interview. Way to make **** up, No name

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:03 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Nice win boys!

I am going back watching the iceberg and my corner gas marathon.

Shellz, that pic you posted earlier looked like it was on the hill up by the Tahoe area, I know your in or around the nocal area and it has allot of those pink sunsets. Nice pic.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Terry Murray is now saying he doesn't think Simmonds's injury is too serious. I hope he's right.

He said the trainer was considering letting Simmonds go back out but decided to hold him back for the remainder of the game...

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:12 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
drew doughty was a boss tonight, hope he channels that the rest of the season. i can't remember a better game from him this season.

i like winning and the kings certainly didn't play poorly, but did anyone else feel like the oilers lost this as much as anything else? dubnyk was bad, the oilers made sloppy mistakes in the neutral zone and offensive zone to lead to our rushes, and they weren't very good on the backcheck. not to take away from the kings, they have had trouble capitalizing against bad teams over the last two seasons, but i'm intrigued to see how a win like this carries over to the game against dallas.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Love the jerseys and the win. Hate Simmonds getting hurt. Hall is going to be good if he keeps his head up.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fangio

vCash: 50
Kings were very strong on the transition, really good job at head-manning the puck, very good at supporting the play tonight. Like Diehard points out..we didn't have to chip it in during those instances. Kings took advantage of mistakes and capitalized on their chances tonight.

Drew Doughty needed this game, big time. The Canadian media are starting to pick up the word about Doughty's play this season. Spotlight is on;he turns it up a notch.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:19 AM
sjmay*

Simmonds isn't hurt that bad, more of a tweak than anything, you can tell as they were helping him off, he gave a little "bounce step" testing it out it seemed.....we should see him back on Monday

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
It amazes me how some fans just love to make up ****.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:40 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Greene was awesome during the interview.

Doughty didn't decline at the bench. He was standing around waiting for Heidi, but she left for the locker room. Could have been a mic problem.

Kings just need to bring it to Dallas. Keep the uptempo style.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Love stuff like that DD interview...shows how close this group of guys is kinda like CHI was last year with the young guys who are great friends and all play for each other...I got the same impression from the Brown interview on after hours here in Canada. Also Brown doing the "peanut butter" or whatever dance was ****ing awesome.

Sturm is clearly starting to get back into things, guy is looking better every single time he steps on the ice he will be huge for the Kings down the stretch. Doughty played like the DD we all remember hopefully he can start to show this on a consistant basis.
Team looked good, loving the even four lines that the they can roll out against ANY line. Keeps everybody fresh and there is simply no way to line match against the Kings when they do this since every line can burn you. We need more of this, less of Westgarth/Harrold/Clune and the rest of the jokes TM sometimes likes to dress to make an unplayable 4th line. This is one team that pro-HW people like to use as an example since EDM has Stortini, MacIntyre, Jacques, etc but obviously did not need Westgarth tonight did they?

Not getting excited since this is only EDM after all, but we can always hope that this is the win that will turn it around right?

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:02 AM
OK Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Wow, who the hell said that? The camera was directly on Doughty as he awkwardly stood there for a good 30 seconds waiting to get interviewed but Heidi wasn't there... (unless this is about something else.)

OK Computer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:13 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

KEEP WINNING.

Thank you.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Caught parts of the game. Why did they change the d pairings in the middle of the game?

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:02 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

4-0 when going to games this season.

What a fun game to go to. Lots of scrambling and certainly not the prettiest game I've been to, but it was satisfying enough to get those 2 points.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Greene was awesome during the interview.

Doughty didn't decline at the bench. He was standing around waiting for Heidi, but she left for the locker room. Could have been a mic problem.

Kings just need to bring it to Dallas. Keep the uptempo style.
Yeah, I was at the game, and I saw Doughty waiting to be interviewed, but some guy met him and it was clear there was no Heidi around.

Then they just went down the ramp.

Some thoughts from the game...

I made it a point to go the legends game because as you know I am an old-timer and I wanted badly to see Rogie honored before tonight's game. Was pretty disappointed with the "awkward" (as someone said in the game thread) presentation...I am wondering why Rogie didn't even speak during the entire proceeding.

Why they had to make it a bittersweet deal with the whole HOF thing was kind of dumb...if anything, it should have been an afterthought...and they could have had a lot more highlights than they did.

Oh well, I will go to the next legends game and see if they can do it better.

I thought the Kings dominated play during the entire game, this thing could have easily ended up 10-2 if they finished some of the odd-line rushes. Kings possession time vs. Oilers was unbelievable...Oilers have a lot of work to do in regard to this.

I saw the hit full force as I was on the opposite side of the arena. It was ****ing awesome...one of the most destroying hits I ever saw, live or on TV. The choice at the time to play the Doors' "Touch Me" classic during the pile up of bodies was genius...had us all laughing.

It was a fun night and made more so by the Kings win. I am recently having a hard time believing this team will really do anything this year, considering this disastrous home-stand. I was really down after the Toronto game, that is a MUST WIN game against a really pathetic Eastern foe.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Very refreshing game. Now, let's get a streak started... GO KINGS!

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:32 AM
backhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Yeah, I was at the game, and I saw Doughty waiting to be interviewed, but some guy met him and it was clear there was no Heidi around.

Then they just went down the ramp.

Some thoughts from the game...

I made it a point to go the legends game because as you know I am an old-timer and I wanted badly to see Rogie honored before tonight's game. Was pretty disappointed with the "awkward" (as someone said in the game thread) presentation...I am wondering why Rogie didn't even speak during the entire proceeding.

Why they had to make it a bittersweet deal with the whole HOF thing was kind of dumb...if anything, it should have been an afterthought...and they could have had a lot more highlights than they did.

Oh well, I will go to the next legends game and see if they can do it better.

I thought the Kings dominated play during the entire game, this thing could have easily ended up 10-2 if they finished some of the odd-line rushes. Kings possession time vs. Oilers was unbelievable...Oilers have a lot of work to do in regard to this.

I saw the hit full force as I was on the opposite side of the arena. It was ****ing awesome...one of the most destroying hits I ever saw, live or on TV. The choice at the time to play the Doors' "Touch Me" classic during the pile up of bodies was genius...had us all laughing.

It was a fun night and made more so by the Kings win. I am recently having a hard time believing this team will really do anything this year, considering this disastrous home-stand. I was really down after the Toronto game, that is a MUST WIN game against a really pathetic Eastern foe.
I waited for the interview too...this was my first Staples game this season. I'd agree about the hit and music Ron....great Doors song.

Don't get visit many live LA games living up north. Unfortunately, I was at the sharks a** kicking game. I did stand and cheer for the few Kings goals that crappy game. sharks fans are mostly uneducated hockey fans with a big heart for their team. they try....i have to put up with them (had to say that)

Well, great game by the Kings....my best observation of the game is the goal by Sturm and Doughty primarily those goals were "willed" into the net. confidence was evident tonight.....again the hit on Hall was freakin' awesome. someone needs to do a .gif or repeating video clip of that (whatever it's called)....enjoy the rest of your weekend and if you get MLK off!

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:32 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Shellz,
My dramatisation in the later part of the GDT was due to a mix of being locked in the house all day and also a way of releasing these turbulent emotions caused from being a fan of this team. I used sarcasim as a protective sheild against the trauma sometimes inflicted by the lack of heart showed by the kings. In no way am I intending on insulting the fans of the LA Kings. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! GKG!

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote