HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brassard or Voracek to Toronto

Old
01-16-2011, 04:39 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
Sweet Jesus.

Komisarek would be top pairing on NO teams in the league at all.

His play has not proven him to be capable of that.

I don't even want him as a bottom pairing defenseman on the Leafs. Even if he made $2 million. He has been absolutely horrific this season. Any team that is half decent, would enjoy no success if they added Komisarek into their top 4. At this point in time he is a bottom pairing defenseman until he proves otherwise.
This is what happens when people confuse overpaid for poor play. Komisarek has been fine this year, the only problem is his diminished role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
LOL what teams? Can I get a list please?
Anaheim
Carolina
Colorado (borderline)
Dallas
Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose (borderline)

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:53 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
This is what happens when people confuse overpaid for poor play. Komisarek has been fine this year, the only problem is his diminished role.
I have no trouble confusing overpaid, and poor play.

Like i said, even if he was paid $2 million i wouldn't want him on the team. Bottom pairing is the place for Komisarek, he had been brutal.

Also, he wouldn't be top pairing on a single one of the teams you listed there, 2nd pairing at best.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
I never said they were awesome, actually i believe we are painfully weak up front. But to say our forward group is pathetic and worth nothing to them is quite a weak argument when they are out-producing all but one of their forwards.

And yes, Wilsons system is offense first so that may be the reason to their inflated stats and the weak play of our defense, but we learned from the Reimer stint that his system works best when he has a sound positional goaltender.
Your group of forwards is crap, but don't think for a second I believe Columbus is good. Our forward group is crap as well, but at the end of the day, your players might have a few more points, but our guys are the more skilled. Take that as you want, but I'm telling you right now that I acknowledge Columbus isn't good as well.

Doug19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:54 PM
RStar*

Quote:

Anaheim
Carolina
Colorado (borderline)
Dallas
Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose (borderline)
Every single team listed is going to take issue with that. You know why? Because you're wrong and it was an idiotic thing to say. Mike Komisarek isn't a top line defender on any team in the NHL.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:57 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Columbus had Beauchemin and shipped him out. He is an error prone d who regularly shows up out of shape. Then add to that He comes with a really bad contract. About the only player you might get from Columbus for him meets the same description, Commodore.

To include Beauchemin in a deal for Brassard, you need to add a lot, like your 1st except of course you can't. Columbus would need a ready for primetime #1 D or #1C prospect like a Joe Colbourne type, plus another top 6 prospect.Toronto just doesn't have that to offer.
Out of shape yet he eats 25+ minutes a night on a regular basis. Also 3.8 million for a top 4 dman is not a bad contract at all.

Gotta love it when people make **** up.

Last edited by thebluemachine*: 01-16-2011 at 05:04 PM.
thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
Beauchemin+Gunnarson+Caputi for Brassard+Russell
in what possible way does this help CBJ? lose their only PMD and possible top 6 centre only to get an average defenseman, an average defense prospect and a sub-par forward prospect?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:08 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
I have no trouble confusing overpaid, and poor play.

Like i said, even if he was paid $2 million i wouldn't want him on the team. Bottom pairing is the place for Komisarek, he had been brutal.

Also, he wouldn't be top pairing on a single one of the teams you listed there, 2nd pairing at best.
And if you actually watched his game ignoring the salary he makes, you'd be thrilled to have him at $2m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
Every single team listed is going to take issue with that. You know why? Because you're wrong and it was an idiotic thing to say. Mike Komisarek isn't a top line defender on any team in the NHL.
Actually, none of those teams fans should take issue with it. They don't have very good bluelines.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:08 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:

Anaheim
Carolina
Colorado (borderline)
Dallas
Islanders
Ottawa
San Jose (borderline)
The only one on that list even considerable is the Isles and that's only because Streit is out. So congrats, he could be top pairing on the 2nd worst team in the league.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:09 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhark Attack View Post
in what possible way does this help CBJ? lose their only PMD and possible top 6 centre only to get an average defenseman, an average defense prospect and a sub-par forward prospect?
Average?

Look no further then Brassard and Russell.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:11 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
And if you actually watched his game ignoring the salary he makes, you'd be thrilled to have him at $2m.

Actually, none of those teams fans should take issue with it. They don't have very good bluelines.
If you actually watched his game, you wouldn't make ridiculous posts about him being top line capable on almost 25% of the teams in the NHL.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:12 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
The only one on that list even considerable is the Isles and that's only because Streit is out. So congrats, he could be top pairing on the 2nd worst team in the league.
He & Streit would be the top pair when Streit is healthy. That's why they offered him over $5m when he was a UFA.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:14 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
He & Streit would be the top pair when Streit is healthy. That's why they offered him over $5m when he was a UFA.
Possibly just strictly based off Streit's game. Like I said, one team, the 29th place team, he could be top pairing on

Old
01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Possibly just strictly based off Streit's game. Like I said, one team, the 29th place team, he could be top pairing on
Anaheim = Top pair with Lydman
Carolina = Top pair with Pitkanen
Colorado = Top pair with Liles
Dallas = Top Pair With Robidas/Daley
Ottawa = Top Pair With Phillips/Gonchar
San Jose = Top Pair With Boyle

Old
01-16-2011, 05:20 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Visnovsky, Gleason, O' Byrne, the two you have, LOLOL Karlsson maybe?, Vlasic.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Visnovsky, Gleason, O' Byrne, the two you have, LOLOL Karlsson maybe?, Vlasic.
Anaheim -- Meant to say that he'd play with Visnovsky.
Ottawa -- He'd play the same role Volchenkov did last year.

Komisarek > Gleason, O'Byrne, basically equal to Vlasic.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:25 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Anaheim -- Meant to say that he'd play with Visnovsky.
Ottawa -- He'd play the same role Volchenkov did last year.

Komisarek > Gleason, O'Byrne, basically equal to Vlasic.
The way Lydman is playing (incredibly), theres no chance. There is no way in Ottawa either. Then you need to think about compliments to the guys you listed and he's not one of them. But because you'll never be convinced off your opinion, I don't see the point of arguing with you anymore.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:28 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
The way Lydman is playing (incredibly), theres no chance. There is no way in Ottawa either. Then you need to think about compliments to the guys you listed and he's not one of them. But because you'll never be convinced off your opinion, I don't see the point of arguing with you anymore.
The way Komisarek is a better defenceman and better fit -- there's no chance he wouldn't play on the top pair. In Ottawa, he'd do exactly what Volchenkov did last year, and if Phillips goes, problably play with Gonchar as the top pair until Karlsson can knock Gonchar's icetime down. Komisarek is a perfect compliment to offensive guys like Liles, Boyle, Visnovsky & Pitkanen.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
RStar*

Quote:
The way Komisarek is a better defenceman and better fit -- there's no chance he wouldn't play on the top pair. In Ottawa, he'd do exactly what Volchenkov did last year, and if Phillips goes, problably play with Gonchar as the top pair until Karlsson can knock Gonchar's icetime down. Komisarek is a perfect compliment to offensive guys like Liles, Boyle, Visnovsky & Pitkanen.
To say he'd do exactly what Volchenkov did last year is probably the funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks for the laughs.

I guess we should all smarten up here. What a bunch of idiots we are.

Would you take MPS+ for Komi? Maybe MPS and EDM's 1st this year? I've seen the light. Maybe we have to add more to get Toronto to bite?

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Anaheim : Nope, he would not unseat either of Lydman or Visnovsky. Completely realistic to suggest he could, those guys have been great.
Carolina: Not going to take the place of Mcbain/White.
Colorado: No. I would have said maybe, but O'byrne has the best +/- out of any defenseman, and Komisarek wouldn't be better there.
Dallas: Absolutely not, Dallas is playing great hockey, and while they could definitely use a defensive bolstering, Komisarek is not cracking the Robidas/Grossman pair
Ottawa: Karlsson is the best defenseman on that team, and Philipps is most definitely not being replaced by Komisarek despite how bad the team is.
San Jose: Murray is a much better physical presence to play beside Boyle than Komisarek would be, again, he is not breaking that pair either.

I don't know why you are trying to pimp him so badly. He has the 5th most icetime on a rather terrible defense on the Leafs, yet you somehow think he could be top pairing on 7 teams in the NHL, and most 2nd pairings? That is completely ridiculous. I shudder every time the guy is on the ice. Completely unreliable defenseman.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:39 PM
sacred

Gunnarson and Bozak for Voracek?

sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacred View Post
Gunnarson and Bozak for Voracek?
Not even close to what it would take.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:44 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
To say he'd do exactly what Volchenkov did last year is probably the funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks for the laughs.

I guess we should all smarten up here. What a bunch of idiots we are.

Would you take MPS+ for Komi? Maybe MPS and EDM's 1st this year? I've seen the light. Maybe we have to add more to get Toronto to bite?
Volchenkov & Komisarek are basically the same defencemen.... but thanks for the laughs.

Quote:
Anaheim : Nope, he would not unseat either of Lydman or Visnovsky. Completely realistic to suggest he could, those guys have been great.
Carolina: Not going to take the place of Mcbain/White.
Colorado: No. I would have said maybe, but O'byrne has the best +/- out of any defenseman, and Komisarek wouldn't be better there.
Dallas: Absolutely not, Dallas is playing great hockey, and while they could definitely use a defensive bolstering, Komisarek is not cracking the Robidas/Grossman pair
Ottawa: Karlsson is the best defenseman on that team, and Philipps is most definitely not being replaced by Komisarek despite how bad the team is.
San Jose: Murray is a much better physical presence to play beside Boyle than Komisarek would be, again, he is not breaking that pair either.

I don't know why you are trying to pimp him so badly. He has the 5th most icetime on a rather terrible defense on the Leafs, yet you somehow think he could be top pairing on 7 teams in the NHL, and most 2nd pairings? That is completely ridiculous. I shudder every time the guy is on the ice. Completely unreliable defenseman.
Anaheim: He'd absolutely unseat Lydman. He's a much better fit with Visnovsky and would allow Lydman to play a #3 role.

Carolina: A much better fit for Pitkanen than Ian White

Colorado: Komisarek is a better defneceman than O'Byrne, and would fit well with Liles.

Dallas: Komisarek is marginally better than Grossman.

Ottawa: Karlsson may be the best defenceman on the team, but they sorely miss Volchenkov and Gonchar plays the most. Komisarek would compliment either of Karlsson/Gonchar nicely, or play a shutdown pair with Phillips.

San Jose: Komisarek is a much better defenceman than Douglas Murray.

I don't know why you're hating on him so badly. He has the 5th most icetime on a team with a ton of defensive talent. They've had awful goaltending and absolutely no support from the forwards.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not a chance. O'Byrne has been a great player this far for Avs. Less focus on the name and more focus on the actual play, please.

Komisarek probably would fit on our second pairing though which says more about Foote, Hunwick and Cumiskey than Komisarek.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:48 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Volchenkov & Komisarek are basically the same defencemen.... but thanks for the laughs.

Anaheim: He'd absolutely unseat Lydman. He's a much better fit with Visnovsky and would allow Lydman to play a #3 role.

Carolina: A much better fit for Pitkanen than Ian White

Colorado: Komisarek is a better defneceman than O'Byrne, and would fit well with Liles.

Dallas: Komisarek is marginally better than Grossman.

Ottawa: Karlsson may be the best defenceman on the team, but they sorely miss Volchenkov and Gonchar plays the most. Komisarek would compliment either of Karlsson/Gonchar nicely, or play a shutdown pair with Phillips.

San Jose: Komisarek is a much better defenceman than Douglas Murray.

I don't know why you're hating on him so badly. He has the 5th most icetime on a team with a ton of defensive talent. They've had awful goaltending and absolutely no support from the forwards.
Lol, i see how this goes. I wonder how many people would agree with your assessment of other teams? If you're saying that Komisarek would be top pair on quite a few teams in the NHL, then essentially you are saying that guys like Phaneuf, Beauchemin, Schenn, and Kaberle would be top pair on even more teams?

Old
01-16-2011, 05:49 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Not a chance. O'Byrne has been a great player this far for Avs. Less focus on the name and more focus on the actual play, please.
Put Komisarek in Colorado and you'll get better results.

Quote:
Lol, i see how this goes. I wonder how many people would agree with your assessment of other teams? If you're saying that Komisarek would be top pair on quite a few teams in the NHL, then essentially you are saying that guys like Phaneuf, Beauchemin, Schenn, and Kaberle would be top pair on even more teams?
Not neccessarily. Komisarek isn't significantly worse than any of Phaneuf/Beauchemin/Kaberle/Schenn. He is a significantly worse fit for the way Toronto plays the game.