HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PK makes himself look bad !!!!

Old
01-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 500
..but no one has still not told me what a slew is.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Montreal4Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxzred View Post
My friend and I both went to different public schools in different parts of the country in the 80's. We were both taught in "science class" that a black mans leg was constructed in such a way that he could never skate as well.

Mouahhahaha,

Mind you it was the same science teacher who called me down infront of the class as an idiot for suggesting that Pangaea seamed obvious in Grade 7.

And oh ya, GO HABS.
Really??? Wow, I mean, that sounds really messed up. I can`t believe that a teacher in a PUBLIC high school would say something like that.

Montreal4Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:35 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
You know who consistently looks bad? Our fanbase...

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:38 PM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

We won the game. PK got a point on the PP. He answered.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
I know the pattern, everyone who talks about Subban is a perfect role model, nothing new here... and Subban is the savage badboy... sure.

is the nwo involved here?

lol

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:41 PM
IRON JELLY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
I know the pattern, everyone who talks about Subban is a perfect role model, nothing new here... and Subban is the savage badboy... sure.

is the nwo involved here?

lol
No, but the NWA is

IRON JELLY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:49 PM
vico555

Dubinsky chased him all o ver the ice for a fight
Why fight him?
When he dosent fight him Dubinsky gets frustreded and then hes moore focused on messing with PK then Scoreing.
I think PK accomplished what he wanted.

vico555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Mr. Hab

The last thing I would want is for PK to be injured, especially due to a fight.

PK is logging very important 23-24+ minutes per game...and I want it to stay like that.

Too many risks (fighting): separated shoulder (ex: Komisarek), concussions, hand/wrist injuries, can lower your confidence/ruin your career (ex: Komisarek vs Lucic), broken jaw, etc ,etc.....

Like him or not (I love his style!)...I wouldn't want to know where are Habs would be (standings) right now without him for a long period of time. No Markov, no Gorges is already tough enough, but no PK would make me slightly negative for our playoff chances!

PK should fight for his reputation, pride,etc,etc... NO!!
(let the opposition take the penalties). And if he has a big mouth...that's still way better than a cross-check to someone's face.
Trash talking is part of the game and it also makes it entertaining, imo.

p.s.: I didn't see the slewfoot...if it really was that bad then I'm against that...I'll just hope PK doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore and just plays his intense/entertaining, clean game. Yes he is clean in general (never saw him crosscheck anyone to the face, never saw him elbow anyone to the head a la Mike Richards, Pronger ,etc...). I also love how PK has changed it up a bit here and there (faking the shot and passing it instead, varied slapshots, wrist-shots, snap shots, putting less hot sauce on one timers to get it on net, using his teammates more often, etc,etc....).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Why exactly does he have to ''back it up'' be fighting?..

What is it with people always wanting players to back up their pest like moves.

I don't want to see PK fight and risk injuring himself, what's the damn freaking point.
Agreed. Let the kid work his magic. He'll decide what he wants to do. Besides we don't hear all the other dirty players in the league much, like matt cooke too much, and they're known for actually taking out players into injuries without really backing themselves with their fists (unless its a cheap shot).

Everyone in the league does cheap shots. You think Briere doesn't spear or slash at all? ever? I don't see him ever fighting.

People are all on PK's ass because he's a rookie, he's talented and let's face it, he's in Montreal, easiest place to nit pick on every stupid useless details.

Get over it. Let the kid play. He'll fall a few times, and its expected because its part of his learning. If only fans, players and coach would just let him play his game. He's proven he's got the guns just needs the experience.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:06 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
He's an agitator, that's his role. It throws other people off their games. I don't want him backing up his "stuff" or else he'll never be on the ice.

Dubinsky was off his game last night because all he cared about was getting back at PK. He's not the first to act like this an he isn't the last. There are three reasons why Subban is getting a lot more attention than other agitators

1. Because he's actually a very good hockey player, he has #1 D-man written all over him(His potential, we'll see if he can attain it)
2. He plays for the Montreal Canadiens. We are easily one of the most hated teams in the league by nature, look at how crazy fans of other teams go when we play their teams. Appearntly we have rivalries with every team.
3. I shouldn't say this but I will. Because he's a blackman in a whiteman's game.
That, my friend, is the truth. But people in the White NHL don't want to believe that. I do. Sorry, but I do.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:07 PM
A1
Everything is awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
You think that's talented? Try THIS!

Is that you Wilken?

That video is very disturbing, I can't believe you have a Laraque t-shirt.

EDIT: ffs does anyone have a clip of this slewfoot by PK?

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Kosti46

What other major sport allows fighting during the game? Baseball? Football? Soccer? Basketball?

Fighting should be banned and players who fight should be suspended. It is an ignorant way to play a game.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Montreal4Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
What other major sport allows fighting during the game? Baseball? Football? Soccer? Basketball?

Fighting should be banned and players who fight should be suspended. It is an ignorant way to play a game.
Another reason why hockey is bette than all those sports

Old
01-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post

That's where I draw the line. No way will I ever agree with that statement!

I hear that figure skating doesn't have fighting though... stop trying to change the sport. You like it or you don't!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Yes he is.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
That's where I draw the line. No way will I ever agree with that statement!

I hear that figure skating doesn't have fighting though... stop trying to change the sport. You like it or you don't!

Neither does Football or Rugby....those damn sissies!!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Montreal4Life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Neither does Football or Rugby....those damn sissies!!
Talking about sissies, lets talk about soccer!!!

Old
01-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
EDIT: ffs does anyone have a clip of this slewfoot by PK?

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:21 PM
NewHabsEra*

Subban is an emotive guy playing this game with alot of fire, sorry if you dont like it but personally Im just in love with the player, does Ovechkin has to fight to justify his physical game?

What some players are trying to do is gettting in his head, something they just couldnt do so far, you have to be really strong mentally to keep playing the way he does despite everything.. Sorry but you just cant break PK!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertonhabsfan View Post
Before any one jumps on me over this, let me say .... I am a huge Habs fan, love PK Subban and what he can bring to the team now and even more when he gains age and experience in the future !!!! BUT the Kid has to step up !! Dubinsky chased him all o ver the ice for a fight after what PK did last game, and don't kid yourself, what he got away with is one of the dirtiest thing in hockey in my opinion and he DID slew foot him!! I don't mind he plays like that but if he is gonna he has to anwser the call when people come knocking !! I love him as a player, but he is flashy, plays hard & borderline "dirty", cocky and in your face, all great but back it up !!! The league sees his attitude, thats why he wasn't invited to the all start weekend !!!! I guess I have nothing but my own opinion, but I feel he is turning into a player that the league, the players, fans and most importantly his own team mates do not like !!!!!
Take some "relaxation" pills, bro.

If Dubinsky really wanted a piece of PK then he should have dropped his gloves.

AND... its about time the Habs had a truly interesting rookie

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:18 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

I only want him to fight if the Habs are winning by alot or losing by alot. He's too important otherwise.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Subban is an emotive guy playing this game with alot of fire, sorry if you dont like it but personally Im just in love with the player, does Ovechkin has to fight to justify his physical game?

What some players are trying to do is gettting in his head, something they just couldnt do so far, you have to be really strong mentally to keep playing the way he does despite everything.. Sorry but you just cant break PK!
Amen to this!! Amen!!

I want to be the mother type to PK!, so I can ''say do what you do, son, but don't let anyone get to you!! Don't fight every time someone wants to since they just want to injure you or they just can't take your 'in your face' game or great way of playing/dominating an opponent(s) during a game.

Besides an injury... a fight might take you (and your concentration/psyche) away from your game...

No more slew footing if it was that bad (didn't see it).
Just continue playing your fantastic game.

PK is indeed unbreakable ( so much darn heart and will, so much love for the game...he's making hockey with our CH so darn entertaining again!! ).

Old
01-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
I only want him to fight if the Habs are winning by alot or losing by alot. He's too important otherwise.
Like other posters have said... fighting can **** players up...

Komi - shoulder
Souray - wrist
etc.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:31 PM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
That, my friend, is the truth. But people in the White NHL don't want to believe that. I do. Sorry, but I do.
It sounds ridiculous but it's the only conclusion I can come to as well.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
..but no one has still not told me what a slew is.
slaying movement with skate is what I'm thinking...

didn't see it on youtube so don't know how bad it was, if it was bad I hope PK doesn't do it again 'cause it just gives more reason for people to dump on such a great/entertaining dman, and that's what many people want...to dump on PK (especially bitter/jealous/angrey Hab-bashers).