HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PK makes himself look bad !!!!

Old
01-16-2011, 06:49 PM
TinordiandSubban

vCash: 500
PK and the Habs play by different rules than the ones that Mike Milbury and Don Cherry played by in the 1970s.

That's why Subban drives them nuts.

They see it coming and they can't stop it, can't do anything about it. They rage like impotent old men and the meatheads who listen to them pick up on it and nod along like so many bobbleheads.

Anyone can see Subby is a nice kid off the ice who plays the game hard and competes with everything he has on the ice.

He does things that the establishment doesn't like, but that's just because he can.

You can't stop Subban.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Neither does Football or Rugby....those damn sissies!!
They never had fighting as part of the game though. Leave the ****ing game alone. Enough of trying to satisfy the purists and fair weather fans who, on one hand, are crying against fighting in hockey and on the other hand, don't do ****all about the gun shooting video games out there!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:28 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

I don't get my dinner at a hockey arena because there are much better meals at proper restaurants. I don't watch hockey to see fights, because there are much better fightsport productions than the NHL.

Fighting is NOT a part of the game. Neither is spearing, both are offences which draw penalties.

PK is paid to do what he does best which is play hockey. I pay to watch him skate, hit pass and score, not to see him drop gloves and fistfight c'mon.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
They never had fighting as part of the game though. Leave the ****ing game alone. Enough of trying to satisfy the purists and fair weather fans who, on one hand, are crying against fighting in hockey and on the other hand, don't do ****all about the gun shooting video games out there!
I don't care what they do with fighting, it's pretty much been non-existent for the Habs since...

Fighting isn't what it used to be though. The instigator rule killed it.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
PK and the Habs play by different rules than the ones that Mike Milbury and Don Cherry played by in the 1970s.

That's why Subban drives them nuts.

They see it coming and they can't stop it, can't do anything about it. They rage like impotent old men and the meatheads who listen to them pick up on it and nod along like so many bobbleheads.

Anyone can see Subby is a nice kid off the ice who plays the game hard and competes with everything he has on the ice.

He does things that the establishment doesn't like, but that's just because he can.

You can't stop Subban.
I don't remember seeing such a dearth of evidence for slamming a player as I've seen with Subban, whether here or in the media. Some people just crave the good old days, others, who knows -- apparently he's 'cocky', whatever that means. Thank God hockey evolves even if these crusty old dudes don't.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:27 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
He's an agitator, that's his role. It throws other people off their games. I don't want him backing up his "stuff" or else he'll never be on the ice.

Dubinsky was off his game last night because all he cared about was getting back at PK. He's not the first to act like this an he isn't the last. There are three reasons why Subban is getting a lot more attention than other agitators

1. Because he's actually a very good hockey player, he has #1 D-man written all over him(His potential, we'll see if he can attain it)
2. He plays for the Montreal Canadiens. We are easily one of the most hated teams in the league by nature, look at how crazy fans of other teams go when we play their teams. Appearntly we have rivalries with every team.
3. I shouldn't say this but I will. Because he's a blackman in a whiteman's game.
I agree, when the Habs coaching staff tries to tone him down. I find he's at his worst. Let him play the way he has been successful and let him continue to do what got him here in the first place. He's a feisty competitor who gets under the oppositions best players skin, why does he have to fight too. I'd rather PK be on the ice then in the box. PK should keep doing what has made him successful in the first place. This over reaction to a young black kid with a little bit of swagger is getting freaking tiresome.

I disagree with the entire notion that fighting doesn't belong, there is a time and place and every team should have a couple guys who can do it. (My opinion), but I don't think PK needs or should be one of those guys.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
AFAIC he backed his 'stuff' up. His team won the game. Period.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Habbadasher

I was at the Tampa game on Dec. 30th, the first goal Tampa scored Spacek was slew footed by a Tampa player, Gionta mentioned it to the refs, but no one chased the guy around the ice and talked about getting the player back, or getting revenge the next game. Duby has to cool down, and grow-up.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I agree, when the Habs coaching staff tries to tone him down. I find he's at his worst. Let him play the way he has been successful and let him continue to do what got him here in the first place. He's a feisty competitor who gets under the oppositions best players skin, why does he have to fight too. I'd rather PK be on the ice then in the box. PK should keep doing what has made him successful in the first place. This over reaction to a young black kid with a little bit of swagger is getting freaking tiresome.

I disagree with the entire notion that fighting doesn't belong, there is a time and place and every team should have a couple guys who can do it. (My opinion), but I don't think PK needs or should be one of those guys.
When I was growing up and as a young adult, I had friends who went out looking for trouble and looking to start fights. If you don't want to be involved in that garbage, your only other choice is to hang out with different people.

Unfortunately, the other Habs players don't have a choice, if Subban causes trouble they are involved. It seems to me either we get players who are gung ho to fight and back up Subban or trade Subban.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Great One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post

Fighting is NOT a part of the game. Neither is spearing, both are offences which draw penalties..

How can anyone who follows hockey say and actually believe that fighting is not a part of the game? Fighting HAS been part of hockey since the sport originated and i believe it's what makes it so unique and original compared to every other sport. You tell Dave Semenko who made a career out of protecting Gretzky that fighting doesn't belong in the game. Whether you want to believe it or not, Semenko had a large part in Gretzky's success along with Mcsorley. If he didn't have these guys there to make sure no one took a run at him or tried to take him out of the game, because these kinds of things happened back then, Gretzky wouldn't have been near as effective as he was. What alot of people are failing to see is that these enforcers are not fighting with guys just to beat them up or put on a show for the fans, most of the time fights occur when players are trying to change the momentum in the game and maybe even get their teammates fired up when they seem to be struggling. Most of the time fights occur when players are picking up for teammates. Players and coaches love to see this because it brings teams closer knowing that these guys got your back at all times. Fighting serves a purpose and whether you agree with it or not, it works.

With regards to Subban i sorta have mixed feelings about the topic. I think it is stupid for people to think that Subban should drop the gloves everytime he does something questionable or acts a little cocky. Like many people pointed out in this thread, he logs alot of mins and the risk of injury is just not worth it especially with Georges and Markov out for the year. In saying that i do believe that some of Subban's actions are quite cowardly. I'm an Oilers fan but i have watched a good few Habs games on TSN-M this year and noticed a trend from PK that i'm not a fan of. I find that whenever a scrum breaks out you rarely see Subban take part until a linesman or ref jump in to break it up then you see him taunting and challenging the other players as if he's actually gonna do something. I like PK's flashiness and physicality but this is just one part of Subban's game that drives me nuts.

Great One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:54 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
When I was growing up and as a young adult, I had friends who went out looking for trouble and looking to start fights. If you don't want to be involved in that garbage, your only other choice is to hang out with different people.

Unfortunately, the other Habs players don't have a choice, if Subban causes trouble they are involved. It seems to me either we get players who are gung ho to fight and back up Subban or trade Subban.
Wow, overreact much? Subban isn't near the trouble maker he's made out to be. Sure he irritates the opposition. He's suppose to. He's even shown from time to time when the situation permits he will do what he has to. This whole thing has been blown completely out of proportion by the media. Certain people buy it hook, line and sinker. To imagine all this started from Don Cherry an adamant supporter of the rival Bruins and someone who hates anything to do with the Canadiens and ppl take this **** serious. lol

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
tinyzombies

I love PK's game. He's just gonna get better and better. He's already at a #2 Dman level. I see potential #1 Dman in him if he can get his shot off quicker and be a little more conservative moving the puck up ice, and not leave his feet so much (which he has already adjusted to). He's still learning and already he's arguably our most important player.

THe real problem is that this team lacks toughness and has for ages. We'll never win unless it's corrected. Soft teams don't win Cups.

tinyzombies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
this just in
who cares
let him play ffs

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote