Notices

Iginla for..

Old
01-17-2011, 01:15 AM
BurnEmUp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
I'm confused. Your counter seems to land us less than the original offers.
No, his offer is the same as the first one, but instead of Boston's 1st and Minny's 2nd, he replaced them with Toronto's 1st.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
No it doesn't.

His counter gives up TO's 1st AND Krejci. The original proposals had one or the other. Plus, his counter still includes Joe Colborne.

It would be wishful thinking to believe you could land TO's 1st and Krejci in the same trade. Very wishful.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Noori

vCash: 50
Okay, yes, I see it now. I agree with ICM, it would be tough to get all three of those pieces. Even that second deal, tough I know a Bruins fan suggested it, I'm not sure if Chia does that deal. There's also the problem of the salary cap for Boston. They would have to ship someone out to make it work for next season.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:08 AM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
-Colborne
-TOR 1st
-salary

I'd think that would be a good start to a rebuild

- Schenn
- LA 1st
- Weal
- salary

Would also be a good start

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:26 AM
rajvandam
Unregistered User

Iginla to the Canucks for:

- 1st round draft pick
- Hodgson
- Raymond
- Schroeder

rajvandam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:33 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
how do you figure?... with Iginla I consider the Bruins a legit Stanley Cup contender... if they have a strong playoff run their first could be 26th to 30th... the Leafs pick currently sits 5th and could be 1st if they win the draft lottery... so essentially my offer offers the Minnesota pick back (currently 42nd) to potentially move up 20+ spots in the first round...

so while you say its less... the Bruins say hell no to my counter offer

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:40 AM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If it's Leblanc and we end up reaching the finals, it would mean you guys traded Iginla for four 1st round picks. Crosby is about the only guy I'd be willing to give up that much for, and even then, I'd hesitate.

Iginla is 33, his production has dropped over the past 3years. He only has 2 extra years remaining in his contract.

I really don't see how a 33yo player that has put up 69pts last year and is on pace for a little over 70 this year is worth 4 first rounders (or even 3 for that matter) + a veteran Dman.

If I were CGY I would jump on that deal right away. As a Habs though, I'd feel ripped off quite a bit.
His production only really 'dropped' last year. 94 points to 89 would be like saying Ovechkin were in decline because he scores 98 points instead of 115. Iggy is scoring at almost a PPG pace now. Once again, he has almost no offensive help. I can't stress this enough. His best linemate is ALEX TANGUAY. He might not be worth the four 1sts in Luna's package, but if you give up Leblanc and Eller plus a salary dump (Maybe Kostitsyn; not because the Flames would particularly covet him, but maybe MTL doesn't wanna give up Spacek or Hammer with so many defensive injuries) then you'd have a deal if I were Feaster.

OR seeing your issues on the back end:

Iginla
Regehr

Leblanc
Eller
Spacek/Hamrlik
AK46

Salaries should balance out, Calgary can flip the defenseman at the deadline for another pick, and is off and running on the rebuild. Montreal gets a number one shutdown defenseman to play with Gill and Iggy on a line with Plekanec and Cammalleri would be devastating. Add to that he's the kind of guy who would occupy big D like Chara and Pronger in the playoffs and free up some room for the smaller Habs to run wild.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is a trade that might actually work. It'd be great to see Iggy stay in Canada, and Montreal fans would fall in love with the guy in a heartbeat.

Though I've just seen #12 is hanging from the Bell Center rafters... think they'd bring it down for Jarome? They were talking of letting Lecavalier have #4 if he came to town...

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvandam View Post

- 1st round draft pick
- Hodgson
- Raymond
- Schroeder
nope... if the Canucks want Iginla it has to be nothing short of an overpayment that would piss of the entire Canucks fanbase... meaning add another 1st and Schnieder

Old
01-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Noori

vCash: 50
Really, that's not a half-bad proposal. If Feaster got an offer like that from Gillis, he would have to at least consider it. Add Cory Schneider and you have me sold (he's n ot going to do much behind Luongo anyway).

We could absolutely gut the core of this team. Regehr, Iginla, Kiprusoff all go. With the addition of Schroeder and Hodgson, we bolster our group of forward prospects, we already have a strong defensive prospect pool, and the addition of Schneider gives us 3 solid goaltenders (Irving and Karlsson too). The trading of Regehr and Kiprusoff would also land us some more picks and prospects.

I'm not going to let the fact that it's the Canucks cloud my judgment. It works great for Jarome because he'll actually have a legitimate shot to win a Cup. That and I actually don't mind the Canucks. I just hate their fans. Taking all of their best prospects may also piss of the fans .

Last edited by Noori: 01-17-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:19 AM
rajvandam
Unregistered User

Quote:
Really, that's not a half-bad proposal. If Feaster got an offer like that from Gillis, he would have to at least consider it. Add Cory Schneider and you have me sold (he's n ot going to do much behind Luongo anyway).

We could absolutely gut the core of this team. Regehr, Iginla, Kiprusoff all go. With the addition of Schroeder and Hodgson, we bolster our group of forward prospects, we already have a strong defensive prospect pool, and the addition of Schneider gives us 3 solid goaltenders (Irving and Karlsson too). The trading of Regehr and Kiprusoff would also land us some more picks and prospects.

I'm not going to let the fact that it's the Canucks cloud my judgment. It works great for Jarome because he'll actually have a legitimate shot to win a Cup. That and I actually don't mind the Canucks. I just hate their fans. Taking all of their best prospects may also piss of the fans .
I wouldn't be willing to add Schneider into that mix but instead I'd be willing to work with our 2nd round draft pick, Shirokov and Connaughton. I would be willing to add in one of those players to my original proposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
nope... if the Canucks want Iginla it has to be nothing short of an overpayment that would piss of the entire Canucks fanbase... meaning add another 1st and Schnieder
It should be a fair deal for both teams. Pissing off certain fan-bases doesn't really have anything to do with anything.

Old
01-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
It should be a fair deal for both teams. Pissing off certain fan-bases doesn't really have anything to do with anything.
no but its also about keeping your own happy... you can't deal he face of your franchise to your most hated rival... its how you alienate a fanbase and lose piles of season ticket holders

Old
01-17-2011, 03:35 AM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

Quote:
no but its also about keeping your own happy... you can't deal he face of your franchise to your most hated rival... its how you alienate a fanbase and lose piles of season ticket holders
Not to mention the hack job you'd do to Iginla's image in this city. Though many don't want Iggy moved, I think many understand his best shot for a championship is somewhere else at this point. I also think they feel he's earned the right to finish his career on top, not on a lottery team. They want to be able to root for him when he gets traded; he goes to LA, Montreal, Boston, people can accept that. But Vancouver? People were up in arms when we traded Aaron Johnson and a 3rd for Staios; trade Iggy to Vancouver and they might burn down the Saddledome.

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:50 AM
rajvandam
Unregistered User

Quote:
Why would you hate to add 3 good young players to your team along with a 1st round draft pick (I would even add a guy like Shirokov to it)? You guys need offense and my deal provides oodles of it. It makes sense for both teams and we shouldn't let our rivalry cloud better judgement. If the Flames lose season ticket holders they would come back very quickly because everyone will realize that they are back on track.

Old
01-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Why would you hate to add 3 good young players to your team along with a 1st round draft pick (I would even add a guy like Shirokov to it)? You guys need offense and my deal provides oodles of it. It makes sense for both teams and we shouldn't let our rivalry cloud better judgement. If the Flames lose season ticket holders they would come back very quickly because everyone will realize that they are back on track.
the last time we lost a pile of season ticket holders we nearly lost the team... that's not a risk I am willing to take... Iginla to Vancouver or Edmonton for anything less than sodomizing our rival in the deal is a non-starter.... anything Vancouver can offer another franchise can too

Old
01-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
the last time we lost a pile of season ticket holders we nearly lost the team... that's not a risk I am willing to take... Iginla to Vancouver or Edmonton for anything less than sodomizing our rival in the deal is a non-starter.... anything Vancouver can offer another franchise can too
Agreed. You can't trade the face of your franchise to a division rival, mcuh less a historic rival. Facing them up to 8 times a season would be reputation suicide for this franchise.

Old
01-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Agreed. You can't trade the face of your franchise to a division rival, mcuh less a historic rival. Facing them up to 8 times a season would be reputation suicide for this franchise.
no i think moving him to Colorado or Minnesota would be fine... they may be divisional rivals but there isn't the hate... I think Chicago and Detroit would have more of a negative reaction than the Avs or Wild

Old
01-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
no i think moving him to Colorado or Minnesota would be fine... they may be divisional rivals but there isn't the hate... I think Chicago and Detroit would have more of a negative reaction than the Avs or Wild
That's fine, but I disagree.

Old
01-17-2011, 01:18 PM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
where would Iggy legitimately have a chance to go assets/need for him

Boston?
LA?
Atlanta?
St Louis?
Dallas?

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMorose View Post
where would Iggy legitimately have a chance to go assets/need for him

Boston?
LA?
Atlanta?
St Louis?
Dallas?
I think we could get great assets out of all these teams you listed.

Boston owning Toronto's 1st, Joe Colborne and a plethora of young players makes them one of the top teams Feaster should be talking to.

Old
01-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
The more I think about it, the less I think the Flames and Habs would be good trading partners for Iginla... not unless the Habs are willing to give up an even larger piece of their future than has been previously discussed...

In other threads I have suggested this package for Iginla

- Lars Eller
- 1st in 2011 or 2012 (Flames Choice, can be invoked up until Montreal's pick comes up in 2011)
- 3rd in 2011
- Salary Dumps... up to $6,500,000 this year and $4,000,000 in 2011/12 (included Estimated RFA contracts)

but the more I think about it the more I think we need a prospect with more potential than Eller... nothing against Eller as he is a very good prospect... but Eller isn't even as highly regarded as Backlund... or if Eller is involved then another very good prospect...

I am leaning more towards this kind of deal now...

- Lars Eller
- Louis Leblanc/Yannick Weber
- 1st in 2011
- Conditional 1st in 2013 (If Habs reach finals, 3rd if they don't)
- Salary Dump (Spacek?)
This is overpayment IMHO. Burke paid 2 1st and a second for a long term star in Phil Kessel.

This deal is even more than that . Calgary would have to throw in Backlund and their own first to even this out.

Nedved1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
I think we could get great assets out of all these teams you listed.

Boston owning Toronto's 1st, Joe Colborne and a plethora of young players makes them one of the top teams Feaster should be talking to.
The team taking iggy also has to eat the rest of his huge 7mil dollar contract. I dont understand why teams are so interested in doing Calgary huge favors like this.

As a rental and huge contract albatross next year, getting a 20th 30th overal pick for Iginla is fair value.

If his contract expired and he was just a rental this year, then I would give a 20th to 30th first mid level prospect and perhaps a journeyman roster player .

Old
01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:

- 1st round draft pick
- Hodgson
- Raymond
- Schroeder
Lol not enough !!!

Add in Kesler and Edler too !!!

Old
01-17-2011, 02:28 PM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved1 View Post
The team taking iggy also has to eat the rest of his huge 7mil dollar contract. I dont understand why teams are so interested in doing Calgary huge favors like this.

As a rental and huge contract albatross next year, getting a 20th 30th overal pick for Iginla is fair value.

If his contract expired and he was just a rental this year, then I would give a 20th to 30th first mid level prospect and perhaps a journeyman roster player .
On what planet is Iginla's contract a huge albatross?

Like seriously, he's one of the top right wings in the NHL still....and as has been already pointed out, he's not fricken declining.

Old
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
On what planet is Iginla's contract a huge albatross?

Like seriously, he's one of the top right wings in the NHL still....and as has been already pointed out, he's not fricken declining.
Holy crap its worse than I thought . There is TWO more years at 7mil bucks. lol

I think a GM is crazy to offer the flames more than a low first rounder for this. I think you guys are better off trade Jay Boewmeister . Hes only 28 and would fetch more.

Old
01-17-2011, 02:36 PM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved1 View Post
Holy crap its worse than I thought . There is TWO more years at 7mil bucks. lol

I think a GM is crazy to offer the flames more than a low first rounder for this. I think you guys are better off trade Jay Boewmeister . Hes only 28 and would fetch more.
Well, good thing that what you "think" doesn't amount to much at all.

You wanna talk Albatross contracts, go look at Cammalleri's and even more so, Gomez' contracts.