Notices

Iginla for..

Old
01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Nedved1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
Well, good thing that what you "think" doesn't amount to much at all.

You wanna talk Albatross contracts, go look at Cammalleri's and even more so, Gomez' contracts.

I have no idea why you would want to get rid of your all star franchise captain . Leafs tried this with Sundin and it sure worked out well . They are still trying it with Kaberlae.

Players don't like it much when they play their whole career somewhere - then their fans demand they get out of town for assets like they meant nothing at all.

Iggy has an MTC. So he would have to agree to this and if so , where would he want to go? At his age, he would need to go to a bonifide contender. Not some pretender.

I just checked cap geek and there is no actual contender who could jam his huge contract in sideways for the next 2 years . Not unless you consider the Kings , Avs or Lightning real contenders.

Does Iggy even want to go to any of those pllaces?

I think you get a better response from trading Jay Boewmeister.

Nedved1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:03 PM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved1 View Post
I have no idea why you would want to get rid of your all star franchise captain . Leafs tried this with Sundin and it sure worked out well . They are still trying it with Kaberlae.

Players don't like it much when they play their whole career somewhere - then their fans demand they get out of town for assets like they meant nothing at all.

Iggy has an MTC. So he would have to agree to this and if so , where would he want to go? At his age, he would need to go to a bonifide contender. Not some pretender.

I just checked cap geek and there is no actual contender who could jam his huge contract in sideways for the next 2 years . Not unless you consider the Kings , Avs or Lightning real contenders.

Does Iggy even want to go to any of those pllaces?

I think you get a better response from trading Jay Boewmeister.

There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start, and as it's becoming quite clear that you really have no idea what you are talking about, I won't waste my time any further.

I will say this though, your use of Sundin and Kaberle as comparisn's for us discussing trading Iginla, is like WTF? Seriously.

The Leafs tried to trade Sundin, he wouldn't waive his NTC and so they had to let him walk for absolutely nothing. ...and yes, if Kaberle remains a Leaf for the remainder of the year and signs elsewhere, then they lose him for nothing too.

Do you not realize we are talking about trading Iginla for assets? Do you not realize that is completely opposite of the Sundin/Kaberle situations? They KEPT those two, they didn't trade them for future assets.

BTW - Did you look up "Albatross contract" in the dictionary? ...and did you see a picture of Gomez there, by the definition?

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
The team taking iggy also has to eat the rest of his huge 7mil dollar contract. I dont understand why teams are so interested in doing Calgary huge favors like this.

As a rental and huge contract albatross next year, getting a 20th 30th overal pick for Iginla is fair value.

If his contract expired and he was just a rental this year, then I would give a 20th to 30th first mid level prospect and perhaps a journeyman roster player .
Wow.

I know you're entitled to your own opinion, which I respect... but, I completely disagree with everything you've said.

Also, your credibility in your argument is bolstered when you pay attention to the little details in your posts, such as the correct names of players. In this department, you need serious assistance.

Just a little bit of advice from a senior poster, my friend.

Ice Cream Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Wow.

I know you're entitled to your own opinion, which I respect... but, I completely disagree with everything you've said.

Also, your credibility in your argument is bolstered when you pay attention to the little details in your posts, such as the correct names of players. In this department, you need serious assistance.

Just a little bit of advice from a senior poster, my friend.
Your advice is.........personal insults?

Nice. You still didn't explain the facts of why you disagree. Why? He has no NMC ? He isn't making 7mil per until 2012? He isn't your franchise captain? Players now love it when you ask them to be traded after their whole career there?

Which part do you disagree with ?

As for your attempt to show your 'seniority' , at my age I take that as a compliment.

Now if you are finished with your rant, lets get back to the actual facts. Explain how you get Iggy to waive his NMC to go ...............to what team that wants that kind of salary?

I just cant see you getting more than a 1st which would translate into a 20-30th. If you see otherwise, then kindly explain why.

Please include all the franchise captains in recent memory (since the cap was introduced) who were moved and for how much. Lets put it to the test.

Old
01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start, and as it's becoming quite clear that you really have no idea what you are talking about, I won't waste my time any further.

I will say this though, your use of Sundin and Kaberle as comparisn's for us discussing trading Iginla, is like WTF? Seriously.

The Leafs tried to trade Sundin, he wouldn't waive his NTC and so they had to let him walk for absolutely nothing. ...and yes, if Kaberle remains a Leaf for the remainder of the year and signs elsewhere, then they lose him for nothing too.

Do you not realize we are talking about trading Iginla for assets? Do you not realize that is completely opposite of the Sundin/Kaberle situations? They KEPT those two, they didn't trade them for future assets.

BTW - Did you look up "Albatross contract" in the dictionary? ...and did you see a picture of Gomez there, by the definition?
Again with the personal insults. Never mind the nonsense. Why is this opposite of Iginla vs Sundin / Kaberlae.

Has Iggy argreed to be moved? So far its exactly the same.

As far as Gomez goes, I guess if you found out Im no Canadians or Gomez fan, you would feel pretty silly now wouldn't you?

Side note. What do you plan to do with Kipper? He also has a NMC.

Old
01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Holy crap its worse than I thought . There is TWO more years at 7mil bucks. lol

I think a GM is crazy to offer the flames more than a low first rounder for this. I think you guys are better off trade Jay Boewmeister . Hes only 28 and would fetch more.
I think a GM that lets his franchise be led by 2 homosexual swedish twins is crazy...

I also think that if you are going to troll other teams boards learn how to spell the players names

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:50 PM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Again with the personal insults. Never mind the nonsense. Why is this opposite of Iginla vs Sundin / Kaberlae.

Has Iggy argreed to be moved? So far its exactly the same.

As far as Gomez goes, I guess if you found out Im no Canadians or Gomez fan, you would feel pretty silly now wouldn't you?

Side note. What do you plan to do with Kipper? He also has a NMC.

lol, I couldn't give a flying **** what team you cheer for. Gomez is the prime example of an albatross contract.

Go ahead and explain to me how Iginla's contract is an albatross, and use some stats and/or facts, no just your own un-informed opinion.

BTW, Iggy already stated that he would waive his NTC if the Flames wanted to go in another direction.

Old
01-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
lol, I couldn't give a flying **** what team you cheer for. Gomez is the prime example of an albatross contract.

Go ahead and explain to me how Iginla's contract is an albatross, and use some stats and/or facts, no just your own un-informed opinion.

BTW, Iggy already stated that he would waive his NTC if the Flames wanted to go in another direction.
I think you would be wise to take the 1st rounder . Its not trolling. Its fair.

Ive stated why 3 different times. I ask you for something to back up your claim, and you go back to personal insults.

Whats wrong with getting a first rounder and freeing up 7 million bucks for the next 2 years? Why does it drive you insane so much?

By the way, Iginla has a NMC , not an NTC. And nobody in the hockey world would claim hes worth 7million bucks. Maybe to the Flames and their fans, but not to a rental team.

I think its a damn shame any fans would ask their franchise captain to waive their NMC .

Take my advice kids, trade Bouwmeester instead. You might get some actual value for your rebuild.

If you hold out for some magical deal for Iginla, you will be disappointed .

Old
01-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I think a GM that lets his franchise be led by 2 homosexual swedish twins is crazy...

I also think that if you are going to troll other teams boards learn how to spell the players names
Not trolling. That would be to write that Iginla 'sucked' or you should put the guy on waivers blah blah.

I think considering his 2 1/2 years left at a 7 mil cap hit and his age, a first rounder is a reasonable price to pay for a guy who could still net you 30 goals in the right circumstance.

For 7 mil bucks, teams can go the UFA route and keep their 1st rounder. I think I am being reasonable.

Take my advice. Trade Bouwmeester. You will get some good value for him and don't forget you signed him for nothing.

Old
01-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not trolling. That would be to write that Iginla 'sucked' or you should put the guy on waivers blah blah.

I think considering his 2 1/2 years left at a 7 mil cap hit and his age, a first rounder is a reasonable price to pay for a guy who could still net you 30 goals in the right circumstance.

For 7 mil bucks, teams can go the UFA route and keep their 1st rounder. I think I am being reasonable.

Take my advice. Trade Bouwmeester. You will get some good value for him and don't forget you signed him for nothing.
Ok we got it, no one wants Iginla for his money and he is only worth a 1st rounder and we are better off to trade Bouwmeester. Now go run along to where ever it is that you came from.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:

No, it's pretty clear you're a troll by this statement. Iginla's hit 30 goals or more in his last 9 seasons and is on pace to do so again this season. In the right circumstances, Iginla's a 50 goal scorer. He gets 30 at minimum, even in the worst case scenario (barring injury obviously).

Quote:
Maybe you're just not that smart.

The UFA market is known for it's over payments on massive long-term deals which make Iginla's contract look like a bargain. Plus there's no guarantee teams can get the player they want at an affordable price and term. I mean, look at L.A. who missed out on the likes of Kovalchuk, Gaborik and Hossa despite aggressive bids.

Look at the players hitting this years UFA market. There's only two players comparable to Iginla in Brad Richards and Alex Semin and they might not even make it to free agency. And should they actually make it, they're looking at 7M+ on short term deals or 7 years + for lower cap hits. Teams looking for that bona fide top line scorer, of which there are plenty, would happily trade for Iginla knowing what he brings to the game and that his contract won't still be there five years down the road.

So, judging by your posts, your either a really poor troll or just an idiot. Your choice.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:53 PM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post

So, judging by your posts, your either a really poor troll or just an idiot. Your choice.
I was thinking it's more like both.

Old
01-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Le CH

Quote:
Wow... you can get away with these statements on the Flames board?

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstastic View Post

it's not like I insulted their lifestyle choice, thats up to them

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:38 PM
GoFlames

Quote:

Does Iggy even want to go to any of those pllaces? I think you get a better response from trading Jay Boewmeister.
Hmmmm let me think freezing your ass off in Calgary or being under the radar and not in a pressure cooker while wintering in LA or Tampa.... real tough decision

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:39 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
****ing true!

Old
01-17-2011, 07:40 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Ok we got it, no one wants Iginla for his money and he is only worth a 1st rounder and we are better off to trade Bouwmeester. Now go run along to where ever it is that you came from.
Lol, I think the troll came out from under a rock....

Old
01-17-2011, 07:42 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstastic View Post

Surprise! The world is not governed only by metrosexual types who like Stalinesque show trials (human rights stuff) for actually ... God forbid... being able to have an opinion

Old
01-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Complacent Iggy

Iggy is 33, he's got a few more mediocre years left in him. If the Flames do enter a full rebuild then they would most likely be a few years away from being good again. At that time Iggy would be closer to 40 than 30, you would think a guy like that would be interested in a trade to a cup contender and have a legit chance at winning it all for once in his career.

Not this guy, he would never let go of his NMC and is quite happy with his "legacy" with the Flames. Some players like being the big fish in a small pond.

Complacent Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:56 PM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complacent Iggy View Post
Iggy is 33, he's got a few more mediocre years left in him. If the Flames do enter a full rebuild then they would most likely be a few years away from being good again. At that time Iggy would be closer to 40 than 30, you would think a guy like that would be interested in a trade to a cup contender and have a legit chance at winning it all for once in his career.

Not this guy, he would never let go of his NMC and is quite happy with his "legacy" with the Flames. Some players like being the big fish in a small pond.
lol, back again with the same old song and dance huh?

Just show up once a week to bash Iginla, then disappear into the weeds....nice MO.

Old
01-17-2011, 08:04 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complacent Iggy View Post

Yeah sure.... Iginla sucks... in case you forget to check things he is ranked 6th in the NHL for points by a right winger. He is tied with Heatley for 8th in goals by a right winger... yeah he sure stinks. I think it is you who is mediocre and not Iginla.

Old
01-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:
it's not like I insulted their lifestyle choice, thats up to them

That was funny!!

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:19 PM
GoFlames

Quote:

Even worse, Luongo, Hossa and Kovalchuk

Old
01-18-2011, 02:55 PM
The Gnome

Quote:

are you for real??!!

How is a 1st rounder anywhere near iginla's value, even at his cap hit. There is the slightest of chances that whatever player we pick with that 1st will be even half the player iginla is now. What a joke.

Thanks for the awesome advice, But I'm sure every flames fan would rather keep iggy. Same with their management.

Bouwmeester is going nowhere. If you think Iginla's contract is bad, WTF do you call Bouwmeester's?! Who the hell would pick up his contract over iggy's?

30 goals in the right circumstances?! He plays on one of the weaker offenses in the nhl and he has 9 straight 30+ goal seasons. Trust me if he played on a contender he'd score a hell of a lot more than 30.

Honestly have you even watched him play this year? The guy is on of the leagues better players, and his point totals back that up.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:59 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvandam View Post
Iginla to the Canucks for:

- 1st round draft pick
- Hodgson
- Raymond
- Schroeder
that would be the easiest decision for flames management ever. Done deal, but it would never happen.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote