HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Fids is week to week...MacLean recalled

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2011, 03:54 PM
  #26
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver
 
TGOTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On the couch
Country: United States
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenCoyote View Post
Why is Fids even fighting when we have Biz dressed as he was last night. Just have Biz take care of it. To lose Fiddler for week to week right now is terrible. Both Jovo and Fids are injuries that occurred from rough stuff. Isn't that why we have Biz? To make sure guys don't take liberties?
He didn't get a chance to, the fight happened in the beginning of the period because someone took a run at Yandle.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:37 PM
  #27
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
I'm glad Mac was the recall (haven't seen today's game yet). One of the things I liked about the Belanger signing was that he was a great compliment to Fiddler. Now that Fiddler is injured Belanger can be relied on as that key defensive center and I wouldn't mind seeing him take Fiddler's role and Korpi getting at shot in the role that Belanger has been playing (top 9/scoring). I think Korpi might end up a good player with any combo of the Rampage kids at any given time.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:34 PM
  #28
lockstock
Registered User
 
lockstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kauai
Country: United States
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenCoyote View Post
Why is Fids even fighting when we have Biz dressed as he was last night. Just have Biz take care of it. To lose Fiddler for week to week right now is terrible. Both Jovo and Fids are injuries that occurred from rough stuff. Isn't that why we have Biz? To make sure guys don't take liberties?
If that's why we have him, someone should tell him that. I don't know why anyone on other teams would be scared because he's in the line up. What's he going to do? Fight their big guy that only gets 2 minutes a game? Someone else compared him to Laraques and his scripted fighting. I wouldn't disagree with that.

lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:50 AM
  #29
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
If that's why we have him, someone should tell him that. I don't know why anyone on other teams would be scared because he's in the line up. What's he going to do? Fight their big guy that only gets 2 minutes a game? Someone else compared him to Laraques and his scripted fighting. I wouldn't disagree with that.
That was me and I'm beyond tired of the pointless scripted fights. It's just silly and embarrassing to all involved. I can understand if he hadn't been in a fight in a long time and just felt like **** it, I want to brush up on the skills but to do this regularly and in lieu of actual enforcement is just frustrating to watch.

Take the Toronto game for example, Bissonnette wasn't in that game but if he was you'd expect him to go kick Brown's ass right?! I mean isn't that what an enforcer is supposed to do?! I can all but guarantee you that if he was in the game he would either A) Ask completely unrelated to the incident Colton Orr if he'd like to fight or B) nothing. So I ask, what's the point of using a roster spot on an enforcer who doesn't enforce?

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:25 PM
  #30
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz
 
wpgyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
That was me and I'm beyond tired of the pointless scripted fights. It's just silly and embarrassing to all involved. I can understand if he hadn't been in a fight in a long time and just felt like **** it, I want to brush up on the skills but to do this regularly and in lieu of actual enforcement is just frustrating to watch.

Take the Toronto game for example, Bissonnette wasn't in that game but if he was you'd expect him to go kick Brown's ass right?! I mean isn't that what an enforcer is supposed to do?! I can all but guarantee you that if he was in the game he would either A) Ask completely unrelated to the incident Colton Orr if he'd like to fight or B) nothing. So I ask, what's the point of using a roster spot on an enforcer who doesn't enforce?
He's good publicity for the team?

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.