HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky to LA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2011, 10:57 PM
  #151
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Yeah, some great analysis here:

"First, let me start off by saying that I really donít watch the Kings that much so I havenít seen Jack Johnson play all that much. My comments here are based purely on a statistical analysis."
Lol I literally stopped reading after that sentence.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:58 PM
  #152
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,500
vCash: 500
I'd rather pick up a defense prospect and a pick, and draft Couturier than get schenn.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:01 AM
  #153
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
What are you talking about? How is he imitating Westgarth and turning into a freak show?

The kid is 20 years old learning the pro game and you act like hes a veteran who has years behind him and not showing anything. Hes one fo the few guys on the roster that can handle the rough stuff and is a valuable part of the team at 20.
No what is see is that he and Westgarth are practicing fights in practice
and that he says he wants to be like Westgarth.
Yeah blame me for not finding the link but it was on Kings Vision.
The next thing is that he chooses the fights at the worst possible moments.
He is doing that when the Kings build momentum and the opponents lure him to destroy it.
Like i said......... he shouldn't even fight. He should pick up the basics on how to destroy opponents top lines instead being a freakshow attraction.
And no, he is not a valuable part. He could be a very important one but how he handles his role right now bails him out sooner or later.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:06 AM
  #154
MISC*
Negged.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 500
Is giving Salo a run for his money as Mr.Glass.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:39 AM
  #155
Tonni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Hemsky to NYR why not

Tonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:19 AM
  #156
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,402
vCash: 500
Then you can eye ball NJ.
Zajac Parise Hedberg -----> LA for Williams, Simmonds, Bernier, Voynov, 1stpick.
This makes sense to me. I dont think Parise would mesh with Kopi but he might with Brown and ... Zajac is a no brainer as they have chemistry. Williams would be a cheap resign to play opposite Kovalchuk. Bernier is the heir Lou wants and the 1st pick makes it legit since Parise is no UFA and comp would be 2 to 3 1st anyways

What kind of deal is this, there is not one GM out there that jwould do that, not even Milbury.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 12:19 PM
  #157
kingpest19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
No what is see is that he and Westgarth are practicing fights in practice
and that he says he wants to be like Westgarth.
Yeah blame me for not finding the link but it was on Kings Vision.
The next thing is that he chooses the fights at the worst possible moments.
He is doing that when the Kings build momentum and the opponents lure him to destroy it.
Like i said......... he shouldn't even fight. He should pick up the basics on how to destroy opponents top lines instead being a freakshow attraction.
And no, he is not a valuable part. He could be a very important one but how he handles his role right now bails him out sooner or later.
Maybe there are practicing fighting because thats part of their role on the ice? Both those guys are out there to handle the rough stuff.

His fights are destroying momentum? Thats hilarious.

Yes he is a valuable part of the team. Hes young, brings energy, brings physical play and is one of the few guys on the team that can fight and win those fights. Hes nowhere near being a freak show attraction.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:09 PM
  #158
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
No what is see is that he and Westgarth are practicing fights in practice
and that he says he wants to be like Westgarth.
Yeah blame me for not finding the link but it was on Kings Vision.
The next thing is that he chooses the fights at the worst possible moments.
He is doing that when the Kings build momentum and the opponents lure him to destroy it.
Like i said......... he shouldn't even fight. He should pick up the basics on how to destroy opponents top lines instead being a freakshow attraction.
And no, he is not a valuable part. He could be a very important one but how he handles his role right now bails him out sooner or later.
I don't want him being just an enforcer like Westgarth either, but to say he shouldn't even fight? get real. The kids a monster in fights at 20 and if you expect only the enforcer to fight then you may as well play Westgarth 60 minutes because that's the only way he can protect everyone.

Take a step back and remember Clifford is a role player at 20 in the NHL who is one of the best natural fighters in a while. The kid is ahead of the game as is. How about we let the guys who actually get paid money and have probably been around the game at the NHL level longer than 50% of this board has even been alive make the desicions?

Clifford will be just fine and be on the 3rd line getting 12-14 minutes a game next year, scoring 10-15 goals and looking like a steal.

Can't we at least wait until a kid is legal to drink in every state/province he plays in AT THE NHL LEVEL before we say he's on the wrong path?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:41 PM
  #159
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I don't want him being just an enforcer like Westgarth either, but to say he shouldn't even fight? get real. The kids a monster in fights at 20 and if you expect only the enforcer to fight then you may as well play Westgarth 60 minutes because that's the only way he can protect everyone.

Take a step back and remember Clifford is a role player at 20 in the NHL who is one of the best natural fighters in a while. The kid is ahead of the game as is. How about we let the guys who actually get paid money and have probably been around the game at the NHL level longer than 50% of this board has even been alive make the desicions?

Clifford will be just fine and be on the 3rd line getting 12-14 minutes a game next year, scoring 10-15 goals and looking like a steal. Can't we at least wait until a kid is legal to drink in every state/province he plays in AT THE NHL LEVEL before we say he's on the wrong path?
I hope you are right with this but right now he is taking the wrong path. He thinks fighting is something funny and he isn't playing the role he is asked to play.

Parse would be a better fit for the 3rd line than Clifford.
I see him as our future solution for the 4th line LW for the next 10 year.
I want Lewis to be our future 4th line center and i want someone like Clifford
as our future 4th line RW.

Clifford - Lewis - Clifford Clone

would be a lightning fast, smart, hell of a 4th line and one of the most powerfull tools we have to actually win something. Of course Westgarth has to be removed from the team as fast as possible.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:17 PM
  #160
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonni View Post
Hemsky to NYR why not
because you have nothing we want in return.


except maybe Hugh Jessiman

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:22 PM
  #161
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
because you have nothing we want in return.


except maybe Hugh Jessiman
The Rangers ditched Jessiman. I'd take a first and Sean Avery though. As much as I hate hime, we need an agitator.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:34 PM
  #162
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
The Rangers ditched Jessiman. I'd take a first and Sean Avery though. As much as I hate hime, we need an agitator.
Jessiman is the only player in the 2003 first round not to play in the NHL.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:30 PM
  #163
ncredible
Registered User
 
ncredible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort McMurray
Country: Canada
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
I'd hate to see Hemsky gone, I'm not sure if it will happen..
But I do think LA and EDM make good trade partners;

Hemmer for Tuebert & Simmonds
seems pretty decent to me.

Tuebert's gritty play helps our weak back end & helps out Peckham by giving us some basham brothers action.
Simmonds isn't having the best year this year compared to last year, but he's young and could help with our rebuild.

for LA fans..
Hemmer & Smyth have chemistry and gauranteed.. every hockey channel would have some sick highlights of what Hemsky & Kopitar do together.

Still I don't know if I wanna give up Hemsky for this package tho..
But thats just cus I'm a big fan of Hemmer.

ncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 05:32 PM
  #164
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,784
vCash: 863
When is Hemmer expected back?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:53 PM
  #165
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Maybe there are practicing fighting because thats part of their role on the ice? Both those guys are out there to handle the rough stuff.

His fights are destroying momentum? Thats hilarious.

Yes he is a valuable part of the team. Hes young, brings energy, brings physical play and is one of the few guys on the team that can fight and win those fights. Hes nowhere near being a freak show attraction.
The last time i checked hockey the teams tried tp put a puck into the opponents net.
These hockey goons you are talking about should be disappeared since the late 70's and are just found on the garbage teams.

Just for the fact.

GP 43 -11 (with an average of 9 min) and 76 PM

This is exactly the wrong way to play 4th line.
76 PM mean a lot PP's for the opponents. If that is not a momentum changer i don't know what is.

But a slong as there are these UFC supporters cheer for fights the stupid teams will have goons and being the clowns for the well structured teams.

It's up to you Mr. Clifford.
T

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 10:16 PM
  #166
riznat
Registered User
 
riznat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
The last time i checked hockey the teams tried tp put a puck into the opponents net.
These hockey goons you are talking about should be disappeared since the late 70's and are just found on the garbage teams.

Just for the fact.

GP 43 -11 (with an average of 9 min) and 76 PM

This is exactly the wrong way to play 4th line.
76 PM mean a lot PP's for the opponents. If that is not a momentum changer i don't know what is.

But a slong as there are these UFC supporters cheer for fights the stupid teams will have goons and being the clowns for the well structured teams.

It's up to you Mr. Clifford.
T
Except when Clifford fights he doesn't give the other team a PP, so i dont know what the point of your stats are.

You think Clifford is trying to be a "goon" because he knows how to fight? He's been getting better amost every game in all aspects, you act like he just hopes to be a great fighter and nothing more. Your wrong.


Oh and back on topic, I don't see how Hemsky would ever be able to generate the kind of return that the Oilers hope for because hes constantly injured. They are better off holding onto him.

riznat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 11:03 PM
  #167
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
I hope you are right with this but right now he is taking the wrong path. He thinks fighting is something funny and he isn't playing the role he is asked to play.

Parse would be a better fit for the 3rd line than Clifford.
I see him as our future solution for the 4th line LW for the next 10 year.
I want Lewis to be our future 4th line center and i want someone like Clifford
as our future 4th line RW.

Clifford - Lewis - Clifford Clone

would be a lightning fast, smart, hell of a 4th line and one of the most powerfull tools we have to actually win something. Of course Westgarth has to be removed from the team as fast as possible.
Iginla thinks fighting can be fun too. What's your point?

I'd rather have a team full of Clifford's than a team full of Alexei Morozovs, thanks. And if you want CLifford to be your 4th line RW for 10 years, why the hell wouldn't you want him to fight, and love every second of it?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:27 AM
  #168
kingpest19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
The last time i checked hockey the teams tried tp put a puck into the opponents net.
These hockey goons you are talking about should be disappeared since the late 70's and are just found on the garbage teams.

Just for the fact.

GP 43 -11 (with an average of 9 min) and 76 PM

This is exactly the wrong way to play 4th line.
76 PM mean a lot PP's for the opponents. If that is not a momentum changer i don't know what is.

But a slong as there are these UFC supporters cheer for fights the stupid teams will have goons and being the clowns for the well structured teams.

It's up to you Mr. Clifford.
T
You just don't get it or ignore the fact that he's not being asked to be a goal scorer. It's not his job, his job is to go out and play physical and stand up for his teammates.

Way to bring up his pims and try to use that as a sign of his in effectiveness. Yes he has 76PM but he also has 10 fights which equals 50PM. So that leaves 26PM in 43 games. Not that many pp given up when you factor in how many of those 13 penalties have taken someone else with him. Not the wrong way to play the bottom 6 role.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:55 AM
  #169
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
The last time i checked hockey the teams tried tp put a puck into the opponents net.
These hockey goons you are talking about should be disappeared since the late 70's and are just found on the garbage teams.

Just for the fact.

GP 43 -11 (with an average of 9 min) and 76 PM

This is exactly the wrong way to play 4th line.
76 PM mean a lot PP's for the opponents. If that is not a momentum changer i don't know what is.

But a slong as there are these UFC supporters cheer for fights the stupid teams will have goons and being the clowns for the well structured teams.

It's up to you Mr. Clifford.
T
You realise Clifford has a total of 8 minor penalties, right?

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 05:01 AM
  #170
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
You realise Clifford has a total of 8 minor penalties, right?
He's a kings' fan that will complain about anything and everything about the kings. He also wanted(or still wants?) to get rid of Stoll(one of the best face0off men) so Richardson would take over the 2nd line center spot.....

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 10:32 AM
  #171
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,131
vCash: 500
LA has enough injury prone players. No thanks on Hemsky unless he can be had on the cheap.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:35 PM
  #172
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
You just don't get it or ignore the fact that he's not being asked to be a goal scorer. It's not his job, his job is to go out and play physical and stand up for his teammates.

Way to bring up his pims and try to use that as a sign of his in effectiveness. Yes he has 76PM but he also has 10 fights which equals 50PM. So that leaves 26PM in 43 games. Not that many pp given up when you factor in how many of those 13 penalties have taken someone else with him. Not the wrong way to play the bottom 6 role.
I don't ignore the fact and i'm not asking him to do that.
What i want to see is an elite 4th line player.
Someone who can outskate opponent tolines and is smart enough just to poke the puck away from opponents sticks.
No fights, no penaltys and a plus- rating.... nothing else.
To play Westgarth type of 4th line is exactly the reason why the Kings never won anything.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:38 PM
  #173
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
He's a kings' fan that will complain about anything and everything about the kings. He also wanted(or still wants?) to get rid of Stoll(one of the best face0off men) so Richardson would take over the 2nd line center spot.....
I don't complain about anything.
Just the facts that we have an unbelievable great team and don't know where to put all our Stanley Cups makes me thinking about that may something is wrong with our organisation.
And i don't believe that by mirracle the players wake up one day and paly fantastic hockey wiothout a change of system and personal. That's it simply and plain.


And yes i want Stoll gone from day one. He destroys the powerplay and if one coach is stupid enough to send him out he should be gone too.
One of his fines skills is to make his linemates worse.

But all this has nothing to do with the OP.
I still don't want Hemsky

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 02:07 PM
  #174
kingpest19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
I don't ignore the fact and i'm not asking him to do that.
What i want to see is an elite 4th line player.
Someone who can outskate opponent tolines and is smart enough just to poke the puck away from opponents sticks.
No fights, no penaltys and a plus- rating.... nothing else.
To play Westgarth type of 4th line is exactly the reason why the Kings never won anything.
Yet hes doing everything right and you still refuse to admit that. Bottom 6 players roles involve fighting, thats part of what they are there for. Look at his penalties. 8 penalties in 43 games that might have put this team shorthanded. Thats an average one one penalty every 5.5 games.

Your issue with him stems from his learning how to be a betetr fighter. Guess what? Thats part of his job here plain and simple. His sticking up for his teammates is a big reason why hes on the team and will stay on the team. Hes one of few guys on the roster capable of fighting and playing the game while not being a detriment. Darren McCarty was the same type of player and he was a huge part of the Red Wings.

Hes a 20 year old rookie who you are apparently expecting to be an elite player halfway through his FIRST PRO season. Maybe you need to take a look at your expectations and realize those are wrong rather than the way hes developing in his first 44 pro games.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 02:38 PM
  #175
GotKush*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Why would the King's want a soft injury prone player like Hemsky, and why would they want to overpay for him?

GotKush* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.