HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spezza to CLB

Old
01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
wilfred

vCash: 500
Spezza to CLB

just posted on the main board, just wondering if this is realistic

To CLB
Spezza

to Ott
Voracek
Johansen
Salary Dump

IMO this deal could be great for both cities. Ottawa needs to rebuild and this would be a great start. Columbus seems to be in a must win now with there fans and Spezza and Nash would be Killer Duo for years to come.

as they say Flame away

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:13 PM
FANonymous

I by no means speak for the board, but I think you'd have a much greater chance of agreement if you can change either Ryan Johansen to Brassard and/or Voracek to Filatov.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:19 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
I by no means speak for the board, but I think you'd have a much greater chance of agreement if you can change either Ryan Johansen to Brassard and/or Voracek to Filatov.
I don't disagree with this statement

CentreKeeper12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Must win now means now not next year. Spezza being on IR is not helping that.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:25 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMas1 View Post
I don't disagree with this statement
I agree. Filatov instead of Johansen & you may have a deal.

The whole "injury" thing doesn't help, though.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:30 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Change to Voracek, Filatov, and a 2nd and its a deal. Our salary dump would be Commodore if he goes unclaimed.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Steamed Hams

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Do you by any chance have a formula for your monthly Spezza to Columbus proposals? They all seem the exact same to me.

01-16-2011, 04:42 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Brassard/Filatov/ '11 2nd

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
Brassard/Filatov/ '11 2nd
I would give them Russell as well. We have plenty of puck moving d men in the system

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:32 PM
CBJCougar

WHY would we trade for a player on IR???? :

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
WHY would we trade for a player on IR???? :
Because we aren't making the playoffs this year; it's a move for next season.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:39 PM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Do you by any chance have a formula for your monthly Spezza to Columbus proposals? They all seem the exact same to me.
Yes, 2 young players with first line potential one of them a center for a player who would IMO score 100 points playing full time with Nash. Helps both teams.

I also was talking about when Spezza comes back healthy in a couple of weeks

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:42 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Because we aren't making the playoffs this year; it's a move for next season.
Ok. Thanks TW. I'm sorry but from where I sit there doesn't appear to be anyone available that is going to make a difference for us. I damn sure am not willing to give up two players that we currently have on the roster who COULD make a difference for the season we still have to play for someone who we know is sitting on IR. Just me, though. LOL I am still thinking the season is at the half way point and nothing is set in stone. NOTHING. Look how injurys are piling up for some teams. There is still hockey to be played and circumstances could change by the hour.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:45 PM
blahblah

Part 37,432.

If he ever comes here, he comes here. Until then, don't care. This topic has been beat up more then Fire Hitch, Priest, and Howson put together over the years.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:48 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 163
Quote:
Ok. Thanks TW. I'm sorry but from where I sit there doesn't appear to be anyone available that is going to make a difference for us. I damn sure am not willing to give up two players that we currently have on the roster who COULD make a difference for the season we still have to play for someone who we know is sitting on IR. Just me, though. LOL I am still thinking the season is at the half way point and nothing is set in stone. NOTHING. Look how injurys are piling up for some teams. There is still hockey to be played and circumstances could change by the hour.
The thing with Spezza is, it could potentially be a franchise changing move. he brings things to the org that simply do not exist right now, and he's in contract for another 3 years. I'm not really in love with the guy, but his history is undeniable. The injuries worry me, though.

That said, I don't give up Jake for a deal like this. It would have to be Filatov+Brassard+pick, at most, or maybe a full price commodore :^)

I'm certainly willing to overpay for this kind of player, but not with Jake in the deal. For whatever reason, the idea of Jake+Nash+Spezza makes me tingle a little.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:50 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
The thing with Spezza is, it could potentially be a franchise changing move. he brings things to the org that simply do not exist right now, and he's in contract for another 3 years. I'm not really in love with the guy, but his history is undeniable. The injuries worry me, though.

That said, I don't give up Jake for a deal like this. It would have to be Filatov+Brassard+pick, at most, or maybe a full price commodore :^)

I'm certainly willing to overpay for this kind of player, but not with Jake in the deal. For whatever reason, the idea of Jake+Nash+Spezza makes me tingle a little.
I get that Wooten but in the back of my mind, I just don't think it's good business to trade for wounded. What if he never recovers from his injury??? Have we learned nothing?? He's not going to be cheap. I really want a Lambo too but I won't buy one that's wrecked at full price. Would you?

Old
01-16-2011, 06:51 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm over Spezza, I want Malkin. RJ, Brass, and Nikki, perhaps?

(I almost never do trade proposals because I'm not good at it)

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:53 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I'm with you Pete, and I think he is obtainable. I think what you offered is fair also. Get it done this summer Scott!

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:58 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:

(I almost never do trade proposals because I'm not good at it)
Pens seriously want RJ so I would package him with Jake and one of the kids. Pick one. Except Nik and Mayorov.

Old
01-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Such a trade (Spezza <-> Jake, Ryan, dump) would require a lot of inside knowledge that I'm not privy to.

This is because Spezza's deal would HAVE to be considered a "win later" deal because he's on IR and wouldn't be able to help us right now when we need it the most. However, I feel that Jake and Ryan could perhaps be of more value together a year or 2 from now than Spezza is by himself. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Jake takes the next step and Johansen turns out to be that big time center we've always lacked.

I think the potential losses outweigh the potential gain by enough of a margin that, barring inside knowledge about Voracek or Johansen's standing with the team or Spezza's standing with his team, it's not something I'd pursue.

I'd try to flip Brassard + Huselius for Spezza, but the Sens would say no. Pure value wise, though, that'd be probably the closest as Brass is a 1st/2nd liner with plenty of room to grow and Huselius is a 60 point player with the contract that would offset Spezza's.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:06 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Pens seriously want RJ so I would package him with Jake and one of the kids. Pick one. Except Nik and Mayorov.
I still harbor hopes for Nikki, but I'd much rather trade him and/or Brassard, than Jake.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:07 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 163
Quote:
I get that Wooten but in the back of my mind, I just don't think it's good business to trade for wounded. What if he never recovers from his injury??? Have we learned nothing?? He's not going to be cheap. I really want a Lambo too but I won't buy one that's wrecked at full price. Would you?
from what i understand, it's not that kind of injury. just a shoulder thing. using your lambo analogy, what if the damage faded to nothing after 8-10 weeks?

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:08 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Wasn't the Sens fans trying to sell us on Spezza the last time he was injured too?

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:12 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
I still harbor hopes for Nikki, but I'd much rather trade him and/or Brassard, than Jake.
I do too but when looking at value today, versus projected value in Nik, I think we would need something on the table to bargain with. I adore Jake and would hate to see him or Brass leave. To get Malkin, it would have to be painful. And to be honest, it's not gonna happen anyway.

Gino Malkin is not going to go to a team that can't consistently compete. None of the top players in their prime will. I think we need to search for a player who wants to be a difference maker but at the end of the day it's about fame and glory.

We need another piece. It's up to the team to grow into the team that attracts the big names.

Old
01-16-2011, 07:16 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
from what i understand, it's not that kind of injury. just a shoulder thing. using your lambo analogy, what if the damage faded to nothing after 8-10 weeks?
We don't have 8-10 weeks to wait. I would have to look at his injury prone history. Case in point: Moreau. He's been here a whole season and hasn't logged too many ice miles. Last season everyone wailed on Klesla for being injured. During those times, I don't know of anyone who knocks on the door wanting to know if it's for sale. And at this point, I just ain't that lonely yet.