HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spezza to CLB

Old
01-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

vCash: 500
Plain and simple, I rather wait till the end of the season. I want them to tank and get a high pick before Spezza comes in and helps win games.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
Brassard/Filatov/ '11 2nd
Not a fan of getting Spezza, but if a trade would happen I'd think the above is fair. Don't want to see Jake packaged for him, but would grudgingly give Brass.

Derby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:39 PM
GreaterGood

Send a message via Skype™ to GreaterGood
If The CBj can get Spezza, that's not just a game changer, it is a division changer. The CBJ want him mentoring Johanssen. Get him while his value is low. Would be willing to trade 20 and 16 for him straight up right now. Would be better to trade 20 + any one of Moreau, Clark, Strahlman, Commodore (Even at half price.)

Some things you just cannot let go and a chance to get Spezza is one I take.

GreaterGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:48 PM
wilfred

I just wanted to thank the CLB board for your responses to my proposal. Nash is one of my favourite players in the league and I think you guys have a great prospect pool and have a team that will keep getting better year after year. Unfortunately it has been along time since Ottawa has had some good solid forward propects

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:53 PM
CapnCornelius

Another day, another Spezza to Columbus thread.

Then again, Umberger an Vermette were discussed repeatedly before they were acquired. But, I'm not holding my breath as much sense as it might make.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaterGood View Post
If The CBj can get Spezza, that's not just a game changer, it is a division changer. The CBJ want him mentoring Johanssen. Get him while his value is low. Would be willing to trade 20 and 16 for him straight up right now. Would be better to trade 20 + any one of Moreau, Clark, Strahlman, Commodore (Even at half price.)

Agreed.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 0
Quote:

The problem is that our GM is risk adverse

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:21 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:

Agreed!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Doug19

I'd rather let Jake develop and see what we have with this Johansen guy.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:44 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I'd rather let Jake develop and see what we have with this Johansen guy.
And by then we will have to totally rebuild the team because Nash will be past his prime.

How many times are people going to go through with this assumption that all of our next group of prospects, unlike any group of prospects in the history of the NHL, will turn into bona fide studs overnight?

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
And by then we will have to totally rebuild the team because Nash will be past his prime.

How many times are people going to go through with this assumption that all of our next group of prospects, unlike any group of prospects in the history of the NHL, will turn into bona fide studs overnight?
doubt it.

Old
01-17-2011, 01:16 AM
GrimReeper

To CBJ

Spezza
Gonchar

To OTTAWA

Brassard
Commodore
Filatov
2nd

GrimReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:17 AM
Doug19

lol Columbus would be all over that in a second. Howson could never get that value for those players.

Old
01-17-2011, 10:45 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Do you think an overrated player who is a good but he is always injured?

I hope I never see Spezza here.

By the way Filatov trade would be the most stupid thing we would make. He has fantsatic potential and we ňwould trade him only for one bad season? He is only 20.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:01 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post

By the way Filatov trade would be the most stupid thing we would make. He has fantsatic potential and we ňwould trade him only for one bad season? He is only 20.
I agree that Nikki has potential, but nobody is untouchable. If the right offer was made, he'd be on the next bus out of town, just like anybody else. He's certainly not high on my list to be removed from sight, but he's an asset to be used, either on the ice with the CBJ or a chip to improve the team. Too much can't be made of "potential" or "the future" or we risk losing sight of the swamp that is the present. If he could be moved for something that is proven and will make a difference, this season, I'd have to give it serious consideration. By the way, I don't see Spezza as that difference maker.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:39 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I agree that Nikki has potential, but nobody is untouchable. If the right offer was made, he'd be on the next bus out of town, just like anybody else. He's certainly not high on my list to be removed from sight, but he's an asset to be used, either on the ice with the CBJ or a chip to improve the team. Too much can't be made of "potential" or "the future" or we risk losing sight of the swamp that is the present. If he could be moved for something that is proven and will make a difference, this season, I'd have to give it serious consideration. By the way, I don't see Spezza as that difference maker.
And do you think Spezza is right? No we do not need always injured player who will be on IR when we will need him.

For me - untouchable players are: Nash, Filatov, Johansen, Moore and Goloubef. That is all.

Old
01-17-2011, 12:03 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
doubt it.
Just for the sake of discussion, IF Johansen ever becomes a true #1 Center, how long do you think it will take?

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:05 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
And do you think Spezza is right? No we do not need always injured player who will be on IR when we will need him.

For me - untouchable players are: Nash, Filatov, Johansen, Moore and Goloubef. That is all.
In the real world, no, I don't see a trade for Spezza being the answer. In a fantasy world
where Nikki, Stralman and a second round choice gets it done, then yes.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:12 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
In the real world, no, I don't see a trade for Spezza being the answer. In a fantasy world
where Nikki, Stralman and a second round choice gets it done, then yes.
I wrote Filly is untouchable for me. And Spezza is useless for us. If he would not be so often injured we can say about him. Besides he is not good in the key moments.

Old
01-17-2011, 12:42 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:

Are you kidding me? Filatov would be lucky to have one season as good as Spezza's worst.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:56 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Are you kidding me? Filatov would be lucky to have one season as good as Spezza's worst.
Does we need Spezzas last seasons? We can get Wayne Gretzky.
You would trade Nasher for Spezza because Nasher stats are whorse than Spezza.

Old
01-17-2011, 01:40 PM
GrimReeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Thank you! Why would we not trade an AHL player for Spezza who is under contract for 3 more years?

I agree that Filatov has more time to develop, but I don't believe he will ever touch Spezza's point totals. Nash isn't getting any younger, we need to get him a Center while he is in his prime. We don't have the time to wait for Johansson.

Nash-Spezza-Huselius no question would be one of the top lines in the league.

GrimReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReeper View Post
Thank you! Why would we not trade an AHL player for Spezza who is under contract for 3 more years?

I agree that Filatov has more time to develop, but I don't believe he will ever touch Spezza's point totals. Nash isn't getting any younger, we need to get him a Center while he is in his prime. We don't have the time to wait for Johansson.

Trades are not a computer game. Filatov need mental development not skill or similar development. And I am not afraid on it. By the way can Spezza repeat his stats again?

Last edited by mt-svk: 01-17-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old
01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
umbyforpresident

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReeper View Post
Agree 100% IF we can let them play like Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson played with one another (I believe that was the old line). Obviously Alfredsson > Huselius, but I'd argue that they could still be AS effective. Juice seems to play well beside a solid C (look at his time in Calgary) and Spezza plays well with a producer and a big body.

I'd be willing to move Brass and Filatov plus our 2nd. Allows us to cash in assets for a strong C, keep our young D that I'm personally fond of, and keep our #1 draft pick, which could get us another top 5 pick. Obviously if one of our young d (CG and DS come to mind) have to go, then I would be bummed but I still think Spezza is a game changer.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Spezza could mentor Johanssen. That's a beautiful thing. Add that to already having Vermette center our 2nd line, and Johanssen could age a little bit longer.

umbyforpresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbyforpresident View Post
Agree 100% IF we can let them play like Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson played with one another (I believe that was the old line). Obviously Alfredsson > Huselius, but I'd argue that they could still be AS effective. Juice seems to play well beside a solid C (look at his time in Calgary) and Spezza plays well with a producer and a big body.

I'd be willing to move Brass and Filatov plus our 2nd. Allows us to cash in assets for a strong C, keep our young D that I'm personally fond of, and keep our #1 draft pick, which could get us another top 5 pick. Obviously if one of our young d (CG and DS come to mind) have to go, then I would be bummed but I still think Spezza is a game changer.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Spezza could mentor Johanssen. That's a beautiful thing. Add that to already having Vermette center our 2nd line, and Johanssen could age a little bit longer.
I cannot agree. But I will not repeat it.