HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Goalie Rotation - Win, and You Keep Playing

Old
01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

vCash: 500
I think this is fair. Both goalies are struggling to an extent, or just not stealing games. If Bernier sucks tonight, Quick is in. It's a win-win situation. These guys are young and super/crazy competitive. This can only lift their level of play.

That being said, Bernier plays better the more he plays. His 3rd periods are always better than his 1st when he hasn't played in awhile. Hopefully, he comes into the game tonight playing strong as he did in the 3rd last game.

For those saying Bernier played bad last game, I don't know if it was "bad". He did stop 24 of 26 shots and didn't allow a goal in the last two periods. He made some big stops later in the game as well. He wasn't great, but he played well enough to win the game. That's all we need from our goalies right now.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:43 AM
s3machine*

TM just showed some balls and emotion.. too bad it took 50 games to finally do it.. but in all seriousness.. Quick was having a Vezina year until the whole team turned to ****.. a timely save or 2 during that run and he's probably still between the pipes right now..

whatever it takes to wake these guys up is fine by me.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:59 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
This is further proof Terry Murray has lost control.
... I can't believe people are making such a huge deal out of this. Quick isn't being threatened at all here. He's still the clear number one, and his season taken as a whole is still solid. Quick's just slumping a bit, as the team has slumped in front of him - and Bernier is getting a chance to get some regular playing time, which can only help him and in turn make this pair even stronger if and when the Kings enter the playoffs.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:07 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
This is also a not-so-subtle way of keeping Quick's regular season games played down to a reasonable number.
I agree. Quick gets tired, now is the time to rest him more often so he is ready for...playoffs?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:10 PM
SLang

I like it. Let's see if there's a "real" Bernier.....who's better than the Bernier who keeps getting thrown into the lineup with large gaps between games.

Isn't this really what we all (and Bernier himself) have been waiting for?

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:26 PM
s3machine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I like it. Let's see if there's a "real" Bernier.....who's better than the Bernier who keeps getting thrown into the lineup with large gaps between games.

Isn't this really what we all (and Bernier himself) have been waiting for?

Bernier has the mental stability to do very well in net.. you notice that in his play as hes rarely out of position and makes a difficult save look average (when he is saving them of course)

He can run away with this and get a good lengthy string of games in if he plays well.. we really need it right now too..It starts tonight in Dallas.. cmon Kid.. make us proud.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3machine View Post
TM just showed some balls and emotion.. too bad it took 50 games to finally do it.. but in all seriousness.. Quick was having a Vezina year until the whole team turned to ****.. a timely save or 2 during that run and he's probably still between the pipes right now..
Let's not revise history - Quick was a pretty big part of the whole team turning to ****.

It's been a while since he stole any points.

And you're right.. a timely save or 2 during that run and he's probably still between the pipes right now.. and the Kings would have 6 - 8 more points.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I agree. Quick gets tired, now is the time to rest him more often so he is ready for...playoffs?
In my best Jim Mora voice...

"Playoffs?"

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

It's all about winning right now boys. If Bernier gets hot, Murray should ride him like a horse. I support playing the hot hand in goal. This isn't a novel concept. Many coaches go here with goalies.

Speaking of balls, gotta love Torts with NYR. He has benched Gaborik due to his struggles.

Old
01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LMAO huh?

Playing the hot hand is a sign you are losing control,

Really??
While I don't agree with Albi that "this" is an indication Murray has lost control, I also don't think this has anything to do with the hot hand. Bernier did win, yes, but he is not exactly the "hot hand". That requires a few wins. Murray's proclamation has nothing to do with the heat. It has to do with winning. Very bottom line. Interesting to see how this plays out if Bernier has a bad game but the team still wins. Is it still win and you're in?

Old
01-17-2011, 02:03 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Definitely nut up or shut up time for Jonathan Bernier. It would be fantastic if he could win 3 or 4 in a row.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:03 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
In my best Jim Mora voice...

"Playoffs?"
Thats the first thing that came to my mind when I was typing.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
Definitely nut up or shut up time for Jonathan Bernier. It would be fantastic if he could win 3 or 4 in a row.
The Kings need 9 in a row to match last season.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote