HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary - San Jose

Old
01-18-2011, 01:54 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1800
Calgary - San Jose

To SJ:
Regehr
Babchuk

To CGY:
Setoguchi
Wallin
Huskins
2nd (2011)
2nd (2012)

San Jose gets a big upgrade on defense with a great defensive d-man in Regehr and an offensive d-man in Babchuk. Wallin and Huskins are basically salary dumps as they both have expiring contracts at the end of the season. Setoguchi is struggling in SJ and needs a change of scenery, I think him and Backlund would be good linemates for next season. Thoughts?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Remember2004

vCash: 500
If Setoguchi is replaced with Pavelski and take out a 2nd rnd pick

To SJ:
Regher
Babchuk

To Cgy:
Pavelski
Huskins
2nd rnd 2012

DEAL!

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post

To SJ:
Regher
Babchuk

To Cgy:
Pavelski
Huskins
2nd rnd 2012

DEAL!
Ya Pavelski will not be traded. Thanks.

Arkansas Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post

To SJ:
Regher
Babchuk

To Cgy:
Pavelski
Huskins
2nd rnd 2012

DEAL!
Snowball's chance in hell that you get Pavelski at that price.

01-18-2011, 02:40 AM
Paper

I would think a pretty quick no from Calgary on the original proposal. Not confident with Setoguchi bouncing back especially with a team that doesn't have anywhere close to the centers he has played with.

Moving Regehr for a forward would require a legitimate top 6 and right now David Moss and Tim Jackman from the Flames 4th line have more points than Setoguchi does this year.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:52 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post
I would think a pretty quick no from Calgary on the original proposal. Not confident with Setoguchi bouncing back especially with a team that doesn't have anywhere close to the centers he has played with.

Moving Regehr for a forward would require a legitimate top 6 and right now David Moss and Tim Jackman from the Flames 4th line have more points than Setoguchi does this year.
Setoguchi is only 23, you think he is destined to be a 4th line player because his production has dropped since two seasons ago. A change of scenery can make a huge difference, Muller last year is a perfect example.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Setoguchi is only 23, you think he is destined to be a 4th line player because his production has dropped since two seasons ago. A change of scenery can make a huge difference, Muller last year is a perfect example.
I never said he was destined to be a 4th line player, just at this time not a legitimate top 6 player. You're selling Regehr extremely short if you think a "change-of-scenery" player is what the Flames would be looking for when they move him.

Regehr for a top 6 or prospect/picks, not some struggling forward who, unsurprisingly, had his best year while playing third wheel to Thornton and Marleau on a president winning team.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:16 AM
luiginb

Quote:
To SJ:
Regehr
Babchuk

To CGY:
Setoguchi
Wallin
Huskins
2nd (2011)
2nd (2012)

San Jose gets a big upgrade on defense with a great defensive d-man in Regehr and an offensive d-man in Babchuk. Wallin and Huskins are basically salary dumps as they both have expiring contracts at the end of the season. Setoguchi is struggling in SJ and needs a change of scenery, I think him and Backlund would be good linemates for next season. Thoughts?
Yes, please.

luiginb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:28 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post
I never said he was destined to be a 4th line player, just at this time not a legitimate top 6 player. You're selling Regehr extremely short if you think a "change-of-scenery" player is what the Flames would be looking for when they move him.

Regehr for a top 6 or prospect/picks, not some struggling forward who, unsurprisingly, had his best year while playing third wheel to Thornton and Marleau on a president winning team.
Flames don't need an immediate top 6 forward, its time to look towards the future. There is two 2nd rounders in this so I don't know why your making it sound like the trade is for Setoguchi alone.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:49 AM
Lunatik*

pass on both the 1st proposal... and the one in the 2nd post

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Pinkfloyd

Sharks need a better and more consistent puck-moving and offensive presence on the blue line. Neither Babchuk nor Regehr provide that in the needed amount, imo. Besides that, I'd rather pass on giving up multiple picks and a young player who will turn it around for guys who are not the answer for this team.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Model T

Quote:
Flames don't need an immediate top 6 forward, its time to look towards the future. There is two 2nd rounders in this so I don't know why your making it sound like the trade is for Setoguchi alone.
Would really rather get a 1st.

I also doubt that Setoguchi would find his 30 goal form in Calgary. He might do it somewhere, including San Jose, but I doubt it happens for Calgary so they can't look at him as a probable 30 goal man if they get him in a trade even if the Sharks have to look at him that way when they evaluate him. Wingers are not really an issue for the Flames at the moment, so I don't think adding a struggling one is worth much.

Based on Scott Cullen's excellent article from a while back, there's about a 29% chance that a 2nd round pick will play 100 or more NHL games, and on average they turn into minor leaguers. That's not to say that 2nd round picks are useless of course, since you could manage to get a Chara, Weber, Keith, Cammalleri, Bryzgalov or Patrice Bergeron out of it. However, the Flames organization and Jay Feaster individually both have fairly poor drafting records, which makes me worry. 1st round picks pan out much more frequently.

I think the Flames need to pursue draft picks, but I think they need to be very careful moving out any key players (Iginla, Regehr, Bouwmeester- and not move Giordano) because they have relatively few high-value assets and need to get a return that really justifies parting with them.

Model T is offline   Reply With Quote