HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your 2nd line winger to Vancouver

Old
01-17-2011, 02:02 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Samuelsson won't be moved, IMO--MG wants to keep his experienced players. And I doubt any team will waste a contract spot on Ellington.

My try at it...

To TOR:
Mason Raymond
Sergei Shirokov

To VAN:
Kris Versteeg
3rd in 2011

?

From the "deadline rentals" department, Jason Arnott could be had. Wonder what the asking price would be...
Versteeg has a cup ring.

Samuelsson has been more or less useless this season and has really gotten himself into the doghouse.

Ellington has zero value, but with Burke and Nonis you never know They did go after Brunnstrom afterall...

01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
Versteeg has a cup ring.

Samuelsson has been more or less useless this season and has really gotten himself into the doghouse.

Ellington has zero value, but with Burke and Nonis you never know They did go after Brunnstrom afterall...
John Madden is also likely available. Wild fans haven't been all that stoked on him and would likely give him up for a low pick. Just need to work out the cap hits.

Edit: If I know what I'm talking about his cap hit will be $220,430 on the trade deadline

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Something I'd love to see would be a move with New Jersey. Perhaps something along the lines of:

Mason Raymond, Cory Schneider, Jordan Schroeder and a 1st round pick for Zach Parise. This deal gives the Devils the young goalie they need to build their team around once Brodeur hangs 'em up...Schneider would likely split time immediately. Raymond isn't as good as Parise, but serves as a decent replacement on the second line, and Schroder gives the Devils a high end prospect to continue their rebuild process.
Im sorry bit haven't we had like 3 thread already dedicated to a Van-NJD trade with Van getting Parise?!?! In all of them it was generally the conclusion that it would cost too much to get Parise (some Devils fans wanted Kesler, Edler)... its just not going to happen! This isn't NHL 11, trades involving franchise players don't work out.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:19 PM
noBSleafsFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Preferrably: Will drive hard to the net, some playoff experience, can be effective on the powerplay, is a good set-up guy.

What would it take to get a deal done? (Under the cap)
MacArthur for Hodgson

noBSleafsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by noBSleafsFAN View Post
MacArthur for Hodgson
No thanks, but apparently we're going after Versteeg

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:25 PM
crazycanuck

Am I wishing for too much when I think of Tuomo Ruutu?

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:27 PM
GoTeamDom

Am I out of line for thinking that Blake Comeau would be a good fit on this team? Plays both wings, can PK, shoots a lot, has some size, and most importantly, carries a $650k annual pricetag

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by noBSleafsFAN View Post
MacArthur for Hodgson
Whatever weed you have is stronger then what we have in BC

Old
01-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Robert604strom

We dont need a winger. Seriously if your a Canucks fan pass your seat on the wagon to someone who deserves it. How many teams can have three top lines that are inter-changeable,And i mean for the better. I think Alain just needs to ride it out a bit. Tambellini or Raymond will pick it up,or maybe try Torres with the 2nd line.

Robert604strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:32 PM
CanadienErrant*

There are rumours in Montreal that the Canucks are really interested by Andrei Kostitsyn

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrockztheworld View Post
Im sorry bit haven't we had like 3 thread already dedicated to a Van-NJD trade with Van getting Parise?!?! In all of them it was generally the conclusion that it would cost too much to get Parise (some Devils fans wanted Kesler, Edler)... its just not going to happen! This isn't NHL 11, trades involving franchise players don't work out.

So the cool thing to do now is to diss all proposals and claim it's not NHL (insert current year)???

I still don't see why it wouldn't work, and just because Devils fans would want Kesler/Edler doesn't mean the Devils are going to get those types of players for Parise. This isn't NHL 11, trades of that magnitude just don't happen anymore.

Realistically, and based on past trades of similar players, the formula seems to be superstar player traded for a package of players. Very very very seldom do you see a superstar players swapped for another superstar player.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:35 PM
I Am Beat You

Teddy Purcell?

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

So the cool thing to do now is to diss all proposals and claim it's not NHL (insert current year)???

I still don't see why it wouldn't work, and just because Devils fans would want Kesler/Edler doesn't mean the Devils are going to get those types of players for Parise. This isn't NHL 11, trades of that magnitude just don't happen anymore.

Realistically, and based on past trades of similar players, the formula seems to be superstar player traded for a package of players. Very very very seldom do you see a superstar players swapped for another superstar player.
Well when the proposal has been dismissed 3 different times I just don't think it should even be brought up anymore. It could potentially happen in real life but who knows? So why do we want to continue to bicker with Devils fans about it not being "fair value". I agree that all the pieces work & that the Devils REALLY need a replacement for Marty but its just going to turn into another " We aren't trading Parise for spare parts, would you trade the Sedins for spare parts?" argument again.

Old
01-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Versteeg has a cup ring.

1.) Yes, Versteeg has a Cup ring--the point is to add Cup experience, not swap same-for-same. Samuelsson also has an Olympic Gold and a WHC Gold, a good winning pedigree.

2.) 45~ point pace from the third line is OK by me, and I'm sure it's OK by Vigneault and Gillis as well. He hasn't been hurting the team which is critical, but his time to shine is most certainly the playoffs. But even if we were to say he's slumping and been in the doghouse, why would Burke be willing to move a young piece like Versteeg for a slumping 34-year-old?

3.) ...OK, that's a fair point.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:24 PM
IKEA

i'd love parise aside kelser, but what are the odds of that happening!

imagine arnott as a fourth line center, but no cap space

IKEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Penner for Edler
Good idea,

Trade our best d-man, who is young, and has potential to be a top end d-man in the NHL, not to mention his good cap hit.

For

Penner.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote