HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Newsday:Moulson wants to stay an isle

Old
01-17-2011, 09:41 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Thanks to Isleschick for the Newsday link below.

Espn reported that the Isles are trying to sign him to an extension.Hopefully,they get a deal done.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ders-1.2614875

Halfway into his second season with the Islanders, top-line winger Matt Moulson Sunday said he wants to be a part of the organization's future.

"I personally love it here. I love the guys, I like the way the organization treats us and I like the direction we're heading. We have a good group of guys, and that's the key. Everyone wants to win with each other, and I don't know if you find that...
wish he would have elaborated a little further on that. What direction is that exactly.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:52 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
wish he would have elaborated a little further on that. What direction is that exactly.
If you're on LI,don't accept any glasses of kool aid Wang or Snow offer you

Clearly guys like KO,Moulson,Neilsen and Tavares have been sippin the kool aid.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:54 AM
pens83*

I have been wondering all season what Garth Snow was planning on doing with Moulson. He has not done a very good job of signing players to long term deals EXCEPT DiPietro, and we all know how well that has worked out. EVERY FORWARD is going to be a RFA or UFA except for Trent Hunter (HORRIBLE player and is paid $2 million a season, he must have dirty pictures of Snow and Wang), Matt Martin (never heard of him) and Tavares.

I will believe it when I see it. If he is signed, it will probably be for a 1 or 2 year deal. I guess Moulson must own some property in Kansas City and is eager to move there.

pens83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:07 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens83 View Post
I have been wondering all season what Garth Snow was planning on doing with Moulson. He has not done a very good job of signing players to long term deals EXCEPT DiPietro, and we all know how well that has worked out. EVERY FORWARD is going to be a RFA or UFA except for Trent Hunter (HORRIBLE player and is paid $2 million a season, he must have dirty pictures of Snow and Wang), Matt Martin (never heard of him) and Tavares.

I will believe it when I see it. If he is signed, it will probably be for a 1 or 2 year deal. I guess Moulson must own some property in Kansas City and is eager to move there.
Except for Moulson,everyone of Snow's key free agents is a rfa.The isles will retain their rights.
KO's season was lost to surgery.He's not getting a big raise.Grabner's on pace for about 18 goals.You think he's breaking the bank?Comeau's on pace for about 20 goals.Is he breaking the bank?
Bailey's had an erratic and disappointing season.What's his agent gonna say:give him a multi yr/multi million dollar contract?
Hunter's got 2 yrs/$4m left on his contract aft
er this season.Yeah,those are huge numbers. Wang is the one who pushed for the DiPietro contract.Even before Snow became gm,the teams was in talks to sign DiPietro to his longterm contract.Injuries to Hunter and DiPietro have hurt the team.Did Snow injure them?

Snow's bought in a lot of quality prospects and we're starting to see more of Snow's drafted prospects make it to the isles roster:Hamonic,Martin.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 01-17-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old
01-17-2011, 01:00 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Which poster suggested he would sign with the isles for several hundred thousand dollars,instead of several million dollars?No one is saying Moulson won't get a fat contract if he signs with the isles.

And I think young underestimate how players view hockey as a business.I doubt any isle player expects the newly married Moulson,who just made the nhl after yrs in the ahl,to sign for cheap.
Now I did say money talks, nice catch btw you're quite observant. I'm at a loss though as to where I said he'd sign on the cheap to stay on the island.

I do not underestimate players whatsoever, but really, what else is he going to say?
something like "I hate friggin losing, I really can't stand it any more, I can't wait to blow this pop stand and get myself to a real hockey team."

how would something like that work out in the dressing room?

you do know there is probably going to be an opening down in Tampa for a top 6 forward if they pass on re-upping Gagne.

As a business decision it would be a good one, a realistic shot at a cup on a team that's way closer than the Isles. Maybe his wife wants to be a beach bunny and live in the sun, who knows, neither you nor I.

nice chatting

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:13 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post

I do not underestimate players whatsoever, but really, what else is he going to say?
something like "I hate friggin losing, I really can't stand it any more, I can't wait to blow this pop stand and get myself to a real hockey team."

how would something like that work out in the dressing room?

you do know there is probably going to be an opening down in Tampa for a top 6 forward if they pass on re-upping Gagne.

As a business decision it would be a good one, a realistic shot at a cup on a team that's way closer than the Isles. Maybe his wife wants to be a beach bunny and live in the sun, who knows, neither you nor I.

nice chatting
What else is he gonna say?

Say what Matt Martin did when it looked like he was gonna reject the NYI offer and go back into last yr's draft:my agent and Snow are trying to reach an agreement.That's what I pay him for.I'm concentrating on playing.

Say that he owe it to himself and his family to test the market,but that he will speak to Snow and see what the isles final offer is,before signing elsewhere.

Old
01-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Anderson55

What else is he going to say, screw you Wang i hate the Islanders

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:52 PM
GilliesGirlie

A bunch of guys are on twitter (BobMcKenzie, and another "guy") have Moulson on his wait out.

Rumor is it could be Boston, as an Isles fan this will suck.

Old
01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
oh you're such a wit.How long did it take to come up with those lines?
only a few hours. i had help though.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:13 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
The Islanders gave him a chance to earn a spot and he did and now he wants to stay. Nothing wrong with that.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:18 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilliesGirlie View Post
A bunch of guys are on twitter (BobMcKenzie, and another "guy") have Moulson on his wait out.

Rumor is it could be Boston, as an Isles fan this will suck.
McKenzie is saying the contract extension talks haven't even started yet.Don't any of you opposing fans run out and buy a Moulson jersy just yet

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie
NYI GM Garth Snow has indicated to Moulson camp he wants to sign player to contract, but negotiations have not yet really begun.
less than a minute ago via web