Ill agree he's better than Lawson. But I was at the Buffalo game, and DP was lucky the Isles gave him a 4-1 lead. The defense collapsed in the third period, and DP was struggling. He also moves like a 50 year old goalie instead of a 29 year old. He would fall down to the ice, and seemed like an eternity before he could get up. It really won't take long for Poulin to be the better goalie, he might already be. The Isles D played way better in front of DP than Poulin for some reason. The poor kid averages 36 shots against per game, and is on his way once again.
I personally believe this is the beginning of the end for DP.
I put a LOT of stock in the fact that he's not in the lineup today.
It's a total shame. Such an athletic goalie now barely able to get up. I saw him in the last game too and he looked very slow in many aspects of the physical game.
I think it gets ugly next season.... Isles sending DP to Bridgeport and DP getting frustrated, fed up.
Personally, that's where he needs to go. Why?
1. it's where he belongs at this point based upon his play
2. let him "rehab" there, not in the NHL -- if he proves he's capable, then good
3. it's a reality check for the guy
4. he's doing more harm (on and off the ice) than good at the nhl level
5. it plants the seed in his mind that time regarding his NHL future is ticking -- and that retirement may need to be the next step