HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moulson to Bruins?

Old
01-17-2011, 06:26 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Moulson+ for Bogo is a starting place I'd be quite OK with, but I wouldn't include our 1st this year, since it could easily yield Larsson who I think has a higher upside, is a safer bet to reach it and is just as ready (if not moreso). Moulson + Bailey would be tempting, but Bogo strikes me as a little risky to want to give up quite that much for him. Not sure what else we could offer as the + that would entice Atlanta though. Something around Moulson for Bergfors seems more likely if the Islanders choose to trade Moulson and Atlanta is interested.
With Grabner,Schremp,Neilsen the isles already have several smallish forwards.I guess we'll see how it plays out.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:28 PM
StuDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Guys let's keep our fingers crossed that Moulson's rep and Snow reach an agreement.
I'm tired of seeing the isles deal nhl talent for picks/prospects who are yrs from contributing.

However,if they don't reach an agreement and the Thrashers are interested,would you guys be in favor of either of the deal below?Keep in mind the rumor that Atlanta's shopping 20/21 yr old Bogo.

Moulson+2011 1st for Bogo?

Moulson+Bailey for Bogo?
What about Moulson + DeHaan for Bogosian?

StuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:34 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
To be fair he's been spot on with MLB stuff.... Had the Langenbrunner stuff down to a T.

He might not get it right all the time but he's pretty damn good.
He's been wrong more times about the Isles than Eklund. His source is probably just an Islander fan. I've never seen him right about the Isles......ever. Like Snow would let his negotiations with Moulson's agents get to some low level Isle's employee, which is probably the level of his source. Gimme a break.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
CDirt

Quote:
Guys let's keep our fingers crossed that Moulson's rep and Snow reach an agreement.
I'm tired of seeing the isles deal nhl talent for picks/prospects who are yrs from contributing.

However,if they don't reach an agreement and the Thrashers are interested,would you guys be in favor of either of the deal below?Keep in mind the rumor that Atlanta's shopping 20/21 yr old Bogo.

Moulson+Bailey for Bogo?

I don't think Garth trades enough NHL talent on the roster for picks nevermind getting back prospects. He's usually stuck holding the bag on a lot of guys like Fedotenko, Satan, Biron, etc. Especially considering how bleak our pipeline was. Right now our pipeline is hitting the point where it's functional.

Matt Moulson doesn't sign here it's cause he chooses to test the market. If that's the case he has every right and I would think looking at his situation foolish for not doing so. His agent already stated he's not giving a hometown discount. And my guess is that his agent is likely to seek a four year deal at about 4.5 to start the bidding.

I wouldn't go more than three years on the guy. If we get that I will be thrilled. If not I'd rather see him traded so we can retain his value in some form. If it is a second round pick and a prospect I'll be happy. We got Hamonic in the second and MacD in a later round.

There's value to be had.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDog View Post
What about Moulson + DeHaan for Bogosian?
De Haan is further along in his development then that 2011 1st.

also,unless the isles are now worried about De Haan's weight/nagging injuries since being drafted,I have a tough time seeing them move him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDirt View Post
I don't think Garth trades enough NHL talent on the roster for picks nevermind getting back prospects. He's usually stuck holding the bag on a lot of guys like Fedotenko, Satan, Biron, etc. Especially considering how bleak our pipeline was. Right now our pipeline is hitting the point where it's functional.

Matt Moulson doesn't sign here it's cause he chooses to test the market. If that's the case he has every right and I would think looking at his situation foolish for not doing so. His agent already stated he's not giving a hometown discount. And my guess is that his agent is likely to seek a four year deal at about 4.5 to start the bidding.

I wouldn't go more than three years on the guy. If we get that I will be thrilled. If not I'd rather see him traded so we can retain his value in some form. If it is a second round pick and a prospect I'll be happy. We got Hamonic in the second and MacD in a later round.

There's value to be had.
Dee Karl had a 2010 draft article on her hockeybuzz site.She had a Strang tweet from June 24th.Strang reported Snow was willing to move his 2010 1st, if he got a young nhler or prospect,who's upside was similar to the prospect Snow wanted 5th overall.She said Snow wanted a player 2-4 yrs further along in his development,then the 2010 5th overall.

I know Snow moved Wiz for picks,but I think that's because it was the best offer he could get.He moved Rolison for a 22 yr old,who'll be in training camp fighting for a 2011-2012 roster spot.

I think Snow would prefer young nhlers or prospects who are close to being nhl ready, if he has to trade.They're cheaper then ufas and don't have to be lured to LI

Old
01-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

There's value to be had.
Good points.

This is how I see it.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:16 PM
StuDog

Quote:
De Haan is further along in his development then that 2011 1st.

also,unless the isles are now worried about De Haan's weight/nagging injuries since being drafted,I have a tough time seeing them move him.
I don't know man, you replace DeHaan with Bogosian and you make sure you get Larsson.

StuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:

Moulson+Bailey for Bogo?
Moulson for Dupuis and Jeffrey.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:28 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post

The isles wouldn't be in the mix for impending ufa Dupuis.

I think that both Bogo's upside and Bergfors upside, are higher then Jeffrey's.

Old
01-17-2011, 07:31 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post

LOL, too funny... I didn't have the patience to finish that thread. I would LOVE Jeffery though. I've seen him play a lot when WBS came to Bridgeport.

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:46 PM
CDirt

Quote:
Dee Karl had a 2010 draft article on her hockeybuzz site.She had a Strang tweet from June 24th.Strang reported Snow was willing to move his 2010 1st, if he got a young nhler or prospect,who's upside was similar to the prospect Snow wanted 5th overall.She said Snow wanted a player 2-4 yrs further along in his development,then the 2010 5th overall.

I know Snow moved Wiz for picks,but I think that's because it was the best offer he could get.He moved Rolison for a 22 yr old,who'll be in training camp fighting for a 2011-2012 roster spot.

I think Snow would prefer young nhlers or prospects who are close to being nhl ready, if he has to trade.They're cheaper then ufas and don't have to be lured to LI
If Snow was going to make a trade with Moulson for a Prospect one move I would like to see is for him to try and pry away one of St Louis young Defensemen away. They are loaded with D on the big club and in their system. They have 1-2 guys playing on their third and fourth pairing right now.

If Snow dealt Moulson and his second rounder for Pieteragelo (my pipe dream deal come true) I'd do back flips. Their D already had Jackman, Johnson and Brewer. St Louis needs goal scorers and are also in dire need of making the post season so that teams development continues to move forward.

We need quality young NHL Dmen.

But the chances of something like this happening are rather slim. Not many GMs are willing to give away those Kenny Jonsons or Bryan McCabe's these days.

Old
01-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Groin Of Bates

Quote:

If Snow dealt Moulson and his second rounder for Pieteragelo (my pipe dream deal come true) I'd do back flips. Their D already had Jackman, Johnson and Brewer. St Louis needs goal scorers and are also in dire need of making the post season so that teams development continues to move forward.

We need quality young NHL Dmen.
Pieterangelo is definitely not leaving St. Louis...especially for Matt Moulson...(even though I know you admitted this)

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:04 PM
CDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Of Bates View Post
Pieterangelo is definitely not leaving St. Louis...especially for Matt Moulson...(even though I know you admitted this)
It was a hypothetical. I knew when I posted it someone is gonna miss that (it will happen). Despite the fact that it's dripping with it.

Oh, "the internets".

Old
01-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Molson and Bailey for Bogosian and Evander Kane.. Id do it in a heart beat!!!!

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Groin Of Bates

Quote:
It was a hypothetical. I knew when I posted it someone is gonna miss that (it will happen). Despite the fact that it's dripping with it.

Oh, "the internets".
I clearly stated that I knew you said it was a pipe-dream

Old
01-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Sideshow Bob

I predict moulson brings us back FMIV!

Sideshow Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:24 PM
CDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Of Bates View Post
I clearly stated that I knew you said it was a pipe-dream
I didn't say that you did. I said "it will happen".

Old
01-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Groin Of Bates

Quote:
I didn't say that you did. I said "it will happen".
And, on that note, you got me

But, after reading it again, I can see why I misconstrued what you said after the fact.

Old
01-17-2011, 08:41 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Wow.That's highway robbery.

No way would Atlanta move Kane alone for that package:a struggling Bailey and a soon to be ufa.

Old
01-17-2011, 08:42 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
I'm sure all islander fans would do that in a heartbeat. That trade is awfuLly constructed from a thrashers standpoint. Sure would be great to have kanes wheels & bogos offensive presence on the backend though.

Unless he outright said he won't resign before july 1st, I don't move matty moulson. Bad move on a lot of levels if he truly wants to stay here

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Groin Of Bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
I'm sure all islander fans would do that in a heartbeat. That trade is awfuLly constructed from a thrashers standpoint. Sure would be great to have kanes wheels & bogos offensive presence on the backend though.

Unless he outright said he won't resign before july 1st, I don't move matty moulson. Bad move on a lot of levels if he truly wants to stay here
Unless he secretly agrees to come back

Old
01-17-2011, 09:04 PM
4Isles4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
If Moulson goes for a pick I'm all for going down to the coliseum and pulling Garth out of his office and just beating the **** out of him.
im down.....what time are we all meeting there.....we should all just go down anyway and force Wang to build a new arena....forget the mega city....the arena is more important and once you get the arena build up from there.......

4Isles4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

I find it hard to believe people don't think $3m is worth it for Moulson, yet were willing to dump big $ and years into guys like Frolov.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:58 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

I'm with you RDC. I would think it would take closer to 3.25 or 3.5 to sign him. I would have no problem with either number.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Groin Of Bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
I'm with you RDC. I would think it would take closer to 3.25 or 3.5 to sign him. I would have no problem with either number.
Wang would