HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

E. Staal to Edm

Old
01-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 3041
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
Staal is a great player, don't get me wrong, but if he is considered a 100 point player than you have to consider Gionta a 48 goal scorer.

Staal has broken the PPG barrier exactly once in his career and that was in the crazy 2005-2006 where offense was up across the board and you had a whole bunch of players posting career years.

This is a true statement. Staal had his highest point totals when the Hurricanes were a much better team than they are now.

With that being said, you put a couple of good wingers not great wingers and he is easily back to PPG and I would venture a guess that he would be over that.

Just an outside fan looking in. I dont get to see him play a lot but when I do he tends to be the most noticable player on the ice. Hes always hanging pts.

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
CloutierForVezina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
You're not using the phrase "splitting hairs" correctly.

Ohshi - I'm now splitting hairs on a discussion about whether I was actually splitting hairs.

Next level maneuver - better sit down before you get hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
This is a true statement. Staal had his highest point totals when the Hurricanes were a much better team than they are now.

With that being said, you put a couple of good wingers not great wingers and he is easily back to PPG and I would venture a guess that he would be over that.

Just an outside fan looking in. I dont get to see him play a lot but when I do he tends to be the most noticable player on the ice. Hes always hanging pts.
As I said, Staal is a great player. Almost any team in the league would love to be able to add him to their roster. He is the kind of player that you can rely on to always be around ~1 PPG and to bring his all when the heat is on. With that said, there is a mighty big difference between a 100 point player and a ~PPG player though - 100 points would usually mean you're top-5 in scoring, 82 points means you're just on the edge of the top-15.

Who knows, maybe Staal will start building serious chemistry with a young winger on his team like Skinner and we'll see him up above 95 points again, he certainly has the potential.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Why take shots at the Oilers.

Edmonton has drafted and produced many great players in their franchise.
I'm a Canuck fan, and that makes me classless. If thats the rep we have around here then I mean to live up to it.

I also enjoy taking shots at the Oilers because of all the punishment we took in the 80's and 90's, right now is payback time. I have to get my shots in before you guys get good again.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:01 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
You're not using the phrase "splitting hairs" correctly.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSean View Post
Like I said..I'm not going to blame Hall for not being old enough to have played a full NHL season yet. He's on pace for about 30-30. I'm not going to split hairs and say 28 isn't 30. You get the picture. Anyone who has watched Hall any amount knows there is 0 chance he busts. He Oozes elite talent and is going to be a superstar and a game breaker in this league. Very similar to an Eric Staal.
He's on pace for 26 50................

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I'm a Canuck fan, and that makes me classless. If thats the rep we have around here then I mean to live up to it.

I also enjoy taking shots at the Oilers because of all the punishment we took in the 80's and 90's, right now is payback time. I have to get my shots in before you guys get good again.
Or maybe you are getting to excited since it is getting close to the Canucks final apperance that happens once every 20 years

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSean View Post
Like I said..I'm not going to blame Hall for not being old enough to have played a full NHL season yet. He's on pace for about 30-30. I'm not going to split hairs and say 28 isn't 30. You get the picture. Anyone who has watched Hall any amount knows there is 0 chance he busts. He Oozes elite talent and is going to be a superstar and a game breaker in this league. Very similar to an Eric Staal.
Alexandre Daigle says "sup?".

Not saying Hall will bust, but you act as if Taylor Hall will 100% be a superstar in the NHL. Everybody thought Daigle would be a megastar, how'd that turn out? Sure, Hall has been impressive of late, but you never know what the future holds. No prospect is a 100% sure thing when they are drafted, no matter which analyst says so. Look at Ki-Jana Carter, drafted 1st overall by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 1995 NFL Draft, he blew out his knee on his second carry of the preseason of his rookie year. All the talent in the world, but couldn't stay healthy. Same could be said for Rick Dipietro, can't really call the guy a bust, not his fault he can't stay healthy.

I agree for the Oilers, keeping Hall is the best option becuase of where the team in now, a rebuilding team stockpiled with young talent that has big potential (Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi). Hopefully all three turn out to be great players, but you really cannot bank on it.

Brock Anton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:10 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Wooooooooooooooooosh

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
He's on pace for 26 50................
So you are saying he is on pace to score more goals than Duchene and Tavares did in their first season We will take that

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilsburnsclean View Post
Or maybe you are getting to excited since it is getting close to the Canucks final apperance that happens once every 20 years
If (when) we win its going to be a hard day to stomach in Alberta and thats part of the greatness of it all. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside thinking about it.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:35 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Wooooooooooooooooosh
You're not using that meme correctly.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP

Hall+Eberle+Smid+1st

Stephen Goalbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:42 PM
HemskyToHall*

I'll just pretend I never saw that. ^

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:40 PM
LuckyLuke87

Why even consider Staal - Hall swap, when Canes have the best player of 2010 draft class. Yeah, I mean that kid who is younger than Hall and who's production is better at NHL level, that actually COUNTS.

LuckyLuke87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Crisp Breakout

delete

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Cephalusc

Classic Oil fan mentality... our young players are worth as much as one of the NHLs best centres!

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote