HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge IX

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2011, 02:38 PM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
New "History Will Be Made" NHL Playoff Ads. If the first one is any indication...

http://bcove.me/r3zjdo00

Chills. Great stuff.

From the NHL: "The first pair of TV spots in this season's campaign - "Wish" and "Mess" - will debut on March 13 during the NBC Sports broadcast of the Chicago Blackhawks at Washington Capitals game and more than 20 additional spots will launch by April 13, the first day of the Playoffs. Starting April 14 through the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Final, a new spot will be produced each day, highlighting a key moment from the previous night's games.

For the second straight year, fans will be able to download the music composed for the History Will Be Made campaign from the NHL's Facebook page for fan-generated spots."
If they restrain themselves enough to not make the ridiculous game by game ones, it would be nice to see again.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
New "History Will Be Made" NHL Playoff Ads. If the first one is any indication...

http://bcove.me/r3zjdo00

Chills. Great stuff.

From the NHL: "The first pair of TV spots in this season's campaign - "Wish" and "Mess" - will debut on March 13 during the NBC Sports broadcast of the Chicago Blackhawks at Washington Capitals game and more than 20 additional spots will launch by April 13, the first day of the Playoffs. Starting April 14 through the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Final, a new spot will be produced each day, highlighting a key moment from the previous night's games.

For the second straight year, fans will be able to download the music composed for the History Will Be Made campaign from the NHL's Facebook page for fan-generated spots."
They should have shown this in the commercial

Old
03-08-2011, 08:50 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

I don't like the new music. It sounds broken and gets drowned out. The old music was perfect for the sentiment and they should have stuck with it.

Lets hope there isn't one for every game in the playoffs though.

Edit: Wow, derp, I replied twice to the same topic.

Last edited by kingsholygrail: 03-08-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old
03-08-2011, 04:09 PM
McMonster

not sure where this belongs but if anybody has a Doughty jersey they are looking to sell please PM me

Old
03-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserShot28 View Post
not sure where this belongs but if anybody has a Doughty jersey they are looking to sell please PM me
I got one.

For you, $1,000,000.00 dollars. Paypal works. Cash is preferred. PM me.

Old
03-09-2011, 07:22 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

There's a Kings fan who lives on Eastern a bit south of Huntington, in I guess El Sereno. Is that person a poster here? I just want to say that I love driving by your house and seeing that Kings flag on my way to work. It always brightens my commute.

Old
03-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

8.8 earthquake in Japan and Tsunami washing cars up onto land. Crazy!

Old
03-11-2011, 12:42 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
8.8 earthquake in Japan and Tsunami washing cars up onto land. Crazy!
Good thing I always check HF for my far east news report!! Now I got something to watch.

Old
03-11-2011, 09:53 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

They are taking the tsunami warning very seriously along the south bay coast down there that is for certain.

One of my family members who still lives out there got called out to take the fire boat out of the harbor as a precautionary measure.

I remember one happening to where it came up on seal beach a long time ago.

Old
03-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Best website ever...this guy goes on Craigslist and just F's with people. Click "top rated" and cancel the rest of your afternoon.

www.dontevenreply.com

Old
03-11-2011, 04:48 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Best website ever...this guy goes on Craigslist and just F's with people. Click "top rated" and cancel the rest of your afternoon.

www.dontevenreply.com
Amen to that. Biznasty twittered that a few weeks back. I did lose an afternoon and had tears in my eyes. I am generally not easily amused.

The concealed weapons gag is absolute genius.

Old
03-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Check out the ruins of Detroit...these are recent photos as I understand it. It was sent to me by a friend who is also a retired judge.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured...-detroit/2672/

Old
03-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Check out the ruins of Detroit...these are recent photos as I understand it. It was sent to me by a friend who is also a retired judge.

So who feels like playing a game of Fallout? A couple of those I haven't seen yet, but a few of them I saw last year. It is pretty sad, but a necessary aspect of capitalism.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
03-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Josh Deitell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post

www.dontevenreply.com
I know this guy. He started this gag on a message board and it exploded into a six-figure book deal for him. Good stuff.

Old
03-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
So who feels like playing a game of Fallout? A couple of those I haven't seen yet, but a few of them I saw last year. It is pretty sad, but a necessary aspect of capitalism.
seriously, haha. or bioshock, from the art deco room.

Old
03-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:

Thanks for posting those! I was just in Detroit a month ago for my grandmother's funeral.

I was looking through an album on flicker recently that had a ton of pics of the Packard Plant.

Old
03-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Alternate Jersey

http://www.hulu.com/watch/98344/satu...short-the-date

just saw this on a rerun today...thought it was friggin' hilarious. make sure you watch all the way to the end.

edit: tried to get it to embed...but it didn't work. just check out the link.

Old
03-12-2011, 11:26 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
The UFC bought Strikeforce today. Major news to the fight fans.

Old
03-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Chruceg

I didn't know where else to post this ... for the most part I ignore commentators hyperbole but Pierre McGuire just said "Hossa is the most complete player in the NHL." He went on to laud his play in all three zones and also say that "there are a lot of very good players in all three zones, and I've watched the all, but Hossa is the best."

Really? Hossa? Don't get me wrong he's very, very good. But better than Datsyuk the perennial Norris winner? Better than Toews? (Whose on his team!!!??) Better than Kesler? Better than M. Richards?

PS - I realize those are all centers and Hossa is a wing but McGuire didn't make that caveat so I won't.

Old
03-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:

The next time they make a post apocalyptic film they really should just shoot it there. It really looks like the aftermath of WWIII.

It's really a shame because at one point Detroit was the wealthiest city in America and was absolutely run into the ground by the elected officials.

Old
03-13-2011, 03:41 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I was in Detroit after hell night years ago staying downtown at a nice hotel. It was dark when I got there so I thought Det was a pretty nice place.

I woke up the next day to the sound of fire engines and the entire greater Det area on fire. The ghetto stretches on forever. Picture the Staples Center being nice and then an area of about 15 square miles of what is there now only at least two or three houses buildings buss are all burned to the ground. Other than that its pretty close.

That place is so far for me the the second worst major American city that I have been to, the first being FresnohmygawdiminFresno!

Frestucky

etc.

Old
03-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I was in Detroit after hell night years ago staying downtown at a nice hotel. It was dark when I got there so I thought Det was a pretty nice place.

I woke up the next day to the sound of fire engines and the entire greater Det area on fire. The ghetto stretches on forever. Picture the Staples Center being nice and then an area of about 15 square miles of what is there now only at least two or three houses buildings buss are all burned to the ground. Other than that its pretty close.

That place is so far for me the the second worst major American city that I have been to, the first being FresnohmygawdiminFresno!

Frestucky

etc.
hahahaha @ the fresno comment. i went to 5th-12th grades in bakersfield, so it's funny to hear you say that.

Old
03-13-2011, 04:08 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

You have lake Ming (isn't that what its called?) and the Kern river up to lake Isebella going for you in Bakersfield to the best of my memory oh and the Basque community is great.

Freshell has nothing but criminals and cops imo. Not to mention it makes Bakersfield seem like a tropical paradise in comparison.

Old
03-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Shellz

I might be a little late on this one, but pretty hilarious.

Old
03-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I might be a little late on this one, but pretty hilarious.

How have I not seen that video yet? That was awesome

Closed Thread