HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge IX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2011, 02:38 PM
  #301
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 52,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
New "History Will Be Made" NHL Playoff Ads. If the first one is any indication...

http://bcove.me/r3zjdo00

Chills. Great stuff.

From the NHL: "The first pair of TV spots in this season's campaign - "Wish" and "Mess" - will debut on March 13 during the NBC Sports broadcast of the Chicago Blackhawks at Washington Capitals game and more than 20 additional spots will launch by April 13, the first day of the Playoffs. Starting April 14 through the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Final, a new spot will be produced each day, highlighting a key moment from the previous night's games.

For the second straight year, fans will be able to download the music composed for the History Will Be Made campaign from the NHL's Facebook page for fan-generated spots."
If they restrain themselves enough to not make the ridiculous game by game ones, it would be nice to see again.

kingsholygrail is offline  
Old
03-08-2011, 08:36 AM
  #302
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 30,135
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
New "History Will Be Made" NHL Playoff Ads. If the first one is any indication...

http://bcove.me/r3zjdo00

Chills. Great stuff.

From the NHL: "The first pair of TV spots in this season's campaign - "Wish" and "Mess" - will debut on March 13 during the NBC Sports broadcast of the Chicago Blackhawks at Washington Capitals game and more than 20 additional spots will launch by April 13, the first day of the Playoffs. Starting April 14 through the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Final, a new spot will be produced each day, highlighting a key moment from the previous night's games.

For the second straight year, fans will be able to download the music composed for the History Will Be Made campaign from the NHL's Facebook page for fan-generated spots."
They should have shown this in the commercial


Boba Fettuccine is offline  
Old
03-08-2011, 08:50 AM
  #303
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 52,084
vCash: 500
I don't like the new music. It sounds broken and gets drowned out. The old music was perfect for the sentiment and they should have stuck with it.

Lets hope there isn't one for every game in the playoffs though.

Edit: Wow, derp, I replied twice to the same topic.


Last edited by kingsholygrail: 03-08-2011 at 04:40 PM.
kingsholygrail is offline  
Old
03-08-2011, 04:09 PM
  #304
McMonster
Registered User
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,387
vCash: 500
not sure where this belongs but if anybody has a Doughty jersey they are looking to sell please PM me

McMonster is offline  
Old
03-08-2011, 11:48 PM
  #305
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserShot28 View Post
not sure where this belongs but if anybody has a Doughty jersey they are looking to sell please PM me
I got one.

For you, $1,000,000.00 dollars. Paypal works. Cash is preferred. PM me.

Zad is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 07:22 PM
  #306
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,459
vCash: 500
There's a Kings fan who lives on Eastern a bit south of Huntington, in I guess El Sereno. Is that person a poster here? I just want to say that I love driving by your house and seeing that Kings flag on my way to work. It always brightens my commute.

agentfouser is offline  
Old
03-11-2011, 12:31 AM
  #307
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,830
vCash: 500
8.8 earthquake in Japan and Tsunami washing cars up onto land. Crazy!

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Old
03-11-2011, 12:42 AM
  #308
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
8.8 earthquake in Japan and Tsunami washing cars up onto land. Crazy!
Good thing I always check HF for my far east news report!! Now I got something to watch.

KingLB is offline  
Old
03-11-2011, 09:53 AM
  #309
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,989
vCash: 500
They are taking the tsunami warning very seriously along the south bay coast down there that is for certain.

One of my family members who still lives out there got called out to take the fire boat out of the harbor as a precautionary measure.

I remember one happening to where it came up on seal beach a long time ago.

etherialone is offline  
Old
03-11-2011, 04:10 PM
  #310
Maynard
Registered User
 
Maynard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Best website ever...this guy goes on Craigslist and just F's with people. Click "top rated" and cancel the rest of your afternoon.

www.dontevenreply.com

Maynard is offline  
Old
03-11-2011, 04:48 PM
  #311
DeeMeck
Registered User
 
DeeMeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Best website ever...this guy goes on Craigslist and just F's with people. Click "top rated" and cancel the rest of your afternoon.

www.dontevenreply.com
Amen to that. Biznasty twittered that a few weeks back. I did lose an afternoon and had tears in my eyes. I am generally not easily amused.

The concealed weapons gag is absolute genius.

DeeMeck is offline  
Old
03-12-2011, 03:13 PM
  #312
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,917
vCash: 500
Check out the ruins of Detroit...these are recent photos as I understand it. It was sent to me by a friend who is also a retired judge.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured...-detroit/2672/

Zad is offline  
Old
03-12-2011, 03:42 PM
  #313
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Check out the ruins of Detroit...these are recent photos as I understand it. It was sent to me by a friend who is also a retired judge.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured...-detroit/2672/
So who feels like playing a game of Fallout? A couple of those I haven't seen yet, but a few of them I saw last year. It is pretty sad, but a necessary aspect of capitalism.

__________________

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline  
Old
03-12-2011, 03:52 PM
  #314
Josh Deitell
Registered User
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Best website ever...this guy goes on Craigslist and just F's with people. Click "top rated" and cancel the rest of your afternoon.

www.dontevenreply.com
I know this guy. He started this gag on a message board and it exploded into a six-figure book deal for him. Good stuff.

Josh Deitell is offline  
Old
03-12-2011, 04:07 PM
  #315
Alternate Jersey
Registered User
 
Alternate Jersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
So who feels like playing a game of Fallout? A couple of those I haven't seen yet, but a few of them I saw last year. It is pretty sad, but a necessary aspect of capitalism.
seriously, haha. or bioshock, from the art deco room.

Alternate Jersey is offline  
Old
03-12-2011, 04:27 PM
  #316
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Check out the ruins of Detroit...these are recent photos as I understand it. It was sent to me by a friend who is also a retired judge.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured...-detroit/2672/
Thanks for posting those! I was just in Detroit a month ago for my grandmother's funeral.

I was looking through an album on flicker recently that had a ton of pics of the Packard Plant.

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Old
03-12-2011, 08:23 PM
  #317
Alternate Jersey
Registered User
 
Alternate Jersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
http://www.hulu.com/watch/98344/satu...short-the-date

just saw this on a rerun today...thought it was friggin' hilarious. make sure you watch all the way to the end.

edit: tried to get it to embed...but it didn't work. just check out the link.

Alternate Jersey is offline  
Old
03-12-2011, 11:26 PM
  #318
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
The UFC bought Strikeforce today. Major news to the fight fans.

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
03-13-2011, 12:12 PM
  #319
Chruceg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Near Philadelphia,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
I didn't know where else to post this ... for the most part I ignore commentators hyperbole but Pierre McGuire just said "Hossa is the most complete player in the NHL." He went on to laud his play in all three zones and also say that "there are a lot of very good players in all three zones, and I've watched the all, but Hossa is the best."

Really? Hossa? Don't get me wrong he's very, very good. But better than Datsyuk the perennial Norris winner? Better than Toews? (Whose on his team!!!??) Better than Kesler? Better than M. Richards?

PS - I realize those are all centers and Hossa is a wing but McGuire didn't make that caveat so I won't.

Chruceg is offline  
Old
03-13-2011, 01:48 PM
  #320
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 16,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Check out the ruins of Detroit...these are recent photos as I understand it. It was sent to me by a friend who is also a retired judge.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured...-detroit/2672/
The next time they make a post apocalyptic film they really should just shoot it there. It really looks like the aftermath of WWIII.

It's really a shame because at one point Detroit was the wealthiest city in America and was absolutely run into the ground by the elected officials.

Herby is offline  
Old
03-13-2011, 03:41 PM
  #321
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,989
vCash: 500
I was in Detroit after hell night years ago staying downtown at a nice hotel. It was dark when I got there so I thought Det was a pretty nice place.

I woke up the next day to the sound of fire engines and the entire greater Det area on fire. The ghetto stretches on forever. Picture the Staples Center being nice and then an area of about 15 square miles of what is there now only at least two or three houses buildings buss are all burned to the ground. Other than that its pretty close.

That place is so far for me the the second worst major American city that I have been to, the first being FresnohmygawdiminFresno!

Frestucky

etc.

etherialone is offline  
Old
03-13-2011, 03:50 PM
  #322
Alternate Jersey
Registered User
 
Alternate Jersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I was in Detroit after hell night years ago staying downtown at a nice hotel. It was dark when I got there so I thought Det was a pretty nice place.

I woke up the next day to the sound of fire engines and the entire greater Det area on fire. The ghetto stretches on forever. Picture the Staples Center being nice and then an area of about 15 square miles of what is there now only at least two or three houses buildings buss are all burned to the ground. Other than that its pretty close.

That place is so far for me the the second worst major American city that I have been to, the first being FresnohmygawdiminFresno!

Frestucky

etc.
hahahaha @ the fresno comment. i went to 5th-12th grades in bakersfield, so it's funny to hear you say that.

Alternate Jersey is offline  
Old
03-13-2011, 04:08 PM
  #323
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,989
vCash: 500
You have lake Ming (isn't that what its called?) and the Kern river up to lake Isebella going for you in Bakersfield to the best of my memory oh and the Basque community is great.

Freshell has nothing but criminals and cops imo. Not to mention it makes Bakersfield seem like a tropical paradise in comparison.

etherialone is offline  
Old
03-13-2011, 10:02 PM
  #324
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,323
vCash: 500
I might be a little late on this one, but pretty hilarious.


Shellz is offline  
Old
03-13-2011, 10:47 PM
  #325
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I might be a little late on this one, but pretty hilarious.

How have I not seen that video yet? That was awesome

Telos is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.