HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TB/TOR Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Lexicon

vCash: 50
TB/TOR Trade Proposal

To Toronto:
Vincent lecavalier

To Tampa Bay:
Ben scrivens
Clarke mcarthur
Mike komisarek
Jerry D'amingo

Old
01-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Hulk Hogan*

vCash: 500

Old
01-17-2011, 09:49 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quality>Quantity

Old
01-17-2011, 09:50 PM
kurtcobang

Awesome!

Old
01-17-2011, 09:51 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 182
I actually laughed out loud at this deal

this is one of those deals where the OP needs to explain his logic beyong the usually "for cap reasons"

Old
01-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Oh man there's no comment needed.

Old
01-17-2011, 09:52 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Realistically, it would take:

Kaberle + Reimer + 2012 1st if the Lightning even thought about trading Lecavalier. But they likely aren't, therefore, this is absolutely god awful.

01-17-2011, 09:53 PM
The Vinstar

Did you happen to get hit by a bus within a 24 hour people before you thought of this?

Old
01-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post

Kaberle + Reimer + 2012 1st if the Lightning even thought about trading Lecavalier. But they likely aren't, therefore, this is absolutely god awful.
Haha they wish they could get that for him. Try Kaberle + 2nd 2011 + prospect.

Old
01-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Flyers Fan Forever

Honestly I think this is alright...

Lecavalier gets $7.7M a season until 2020, I think Tampa has to trade him.

Old
01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
TYayo

Old
01-17-2011, 10:01 PM
seanlinden

A simple no from Toronto. Lecavalier makes $7.7m for the next 8 years (7 at big money) , is 30 years old, and has been a fair bit off a point per game in the last 3 seasons. Toronto obviously needs a #1 centre, but not at that kind of dollar figure.

I suspect that the most Toronto would offer up is Komisarek because he's overpaid (especially for the role he's playing), but even that's a real tough sell because of how substantial Vinny's contract is. Komisarek could problably be ditched much easier and for a contract that doesn't last 8 years.

Old
01-17-2011, 10:07 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agi View Post
You know your proposal is bad when even the guy with the troll avatar is facepalming.

Old
01-17-2011, 10:09 PM
leafmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post

Yeah it was but personally I wouldn't take that contract on for free and I understand some people will disagree however I suspect Yzerman would dump him in a minute if he could. How many declining years and how many left .

Old
01-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Flyers Fan Forever

Lecavalier is still a very good player, but that $7.7M until 2020 is just too much. Maybe the original trade isn't that good, but I agree with jfried that Toronto would say no.

Maybe I'm undervaluing Lecavalier?

Old
01-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
To Toronto:
Vincent lecavalier

To Tampa Bay:
Ben scrivens
Clarke mcarthur
Mike komisarek
Jerry D'amingo
I would love if the Leafs could get Vinny, Maybe for a different package though. I know his cap hit is expensive but he is a very talented player. I wonder if he would actually waive to come to Toronto. The cap hit doesn't bother me because I think Vinny is going to be a good player until the end. He might be overpaid but it feels like most of the NHL is overpaid. Obviously near the end of the deal he may/regress a bit, but thats when you trade him to Montreal.

Old
01-17-2011, 10:45 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Why would the Leafs trade a very productive, low salary forwards, good goalie prospect, great forward prospect and an underachieving D for a VERY UNDERACHIEVING, waaaayyyy too overpaid centre, who quite frankly Grabovski is doing far better that

Old
01-17-2011, 10:52 PM
HappyGilmourr

I would Consider Komisarek + Mitchel + Lebda for Vinny, but probably not...

Vinny's contract makes him have zero value... can't see any team taking on that contract. Lol at the people who actually think he has value... Go Look at his numbers the past 2 years, he's getting older, his numbers are declining and although he is a legit number 1 centre his contract that pays him over 7.5 million through 2020 makes him impossible to move.

Old
01-17-2011, 10:54 PM
brevard*

As I often note Leaf fans add entertainment value to this place. They are a prime reason I come to the trades board.
One Leaf fan offers a deal that sends nothing of real value to another team for a proven top end player (who as such makes top end money). it should be noted that they included a bottom end player of their own who makes top end money just for ***** and giggles (disguised as for cap purposes).
Then other Leaf fans come in and trash it as an overpayment.

GAWD I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Old
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
As I often note Leaf fans add entertainment value to this place. They are a prime reason I come to the trades board.
One Leaf fan offers a deal that sends nothing of real value to another team for a proven top end player (who as such makes top end money). it should be noted that they included a bottom end player of their own who makes top end money just for ***** and giggles (disguised as for cap purposes).

GAWD I LOVE THIS PLACE!!
That happens with all fanbases, I haven't seen one fanbase on the same page in terms of valuing opposing players, their own players ect... Its good to know though that we provide you some entertainment. Thanks for the feedback.

Old
01-17-2011, 11:06 PM
seanlinden

Quote:

GAWD I LOVE THIS PLACE!!
Vinny Lecavalier is not a top end player anymore, and hasn't been for the past 2 1/2 seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Fan Forever View Post
Lecavalier is still a very good player, but that $7.7M until 2020 is just too much. Maybe the original trade isn't that good, but I agree with jfried that Toronto would say no.

Maybe I'm undervaluing Lecavalier?
You've gotta ask yourself a pretty simple question.... would Toronto take Lecavalier for free? The answer to which I really don't know. He might return to being a good #1 centre, but he'll likely never actually earn his paycheque unless the cap skyrockets quickly. That's a very big 8 year risk, especially when Toronto has some potential in the system.

The package originally proposed is well beyond the "take him for free category", as MacArthur & d'Amigo are pretty valuable to the Leafs, while Komisarek could most likely be ditched for a guy like Andy Sutton at the very least.

Old
01-17-2011, 11:07 PM
leafsfuture

Quote:

GAWD I LOVE THIS PLACE!!
Proven top end players dont go 3 years without getting over 70 points. Even if Vinny played all 82 games this season, no way he gets 70.

Not only is Vinny the highest paid player in the league this season, and his cap hit is 7th.

Vinny is not a top 30 player in this league any more.

As for value, Clarke Macarthur is having a career season, and his raise for next season wont be that much. Scrivens as a very good goalie prospect, evident by his 920 save % sharing time with Rynnas and having to sit for periods behind Reimer and recent AHL goalie of the month Rynnas

Old
01-17-2011, 11:08 PM
mohare

Everyone and their mother knows that Vinnys contract is the 2nd worst in the NHL (behind Kovalchuks). The upside of having Vinny is that he strikes me as more of a team player. And he's a center, which is more valuable.

You can't make a trade for that contract without thinking about compensation for every year that you have the 7.7 mil burden. In a realistic world Tampa would have to send a truckload of picks with lecavalier (3rd-4th rounders for the duration of the contract?) to have someone handicap their franchise with that disaster of a contract.

Old
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
had a good laugh. This one won't last much longer...

Old
william_adams

Although I think the op's proposal is a little off, I find this trading of lecavalier talk interesting. His contract is MASSIVE.

How much does he get on the open market if he's a free agent? 5 years X 6mm per year sound about right? So his current contract is an overpaymen of about 2pm per year for the next 5 years and THEN you still have 4 more gian cap hits of 7.7 per... And acc'd to capgeek's buyout calculator, buyouts don't help much, even towards the end of his contract because his salaries are sonlow by that point. (he's a good candidate for a cash poor team in 2017 to reach the cap floor without spending much.)

So vinny the 5 years X 6mm per guy is worth quite a bit still, but the rest of him isn't with much at all. Certainly it could be argued that there are very few teams who would even accept vinny for FREE at the moment. Given his historic value to the franchise (not to mention that he remains a very useful player), it's tough to think that Tampa could give him up without getting a valuable piece in return.

For bolts fans I hope the new owners don have any cash flow issues (vinny's salary at 10mm is significantly higher than his cap hit), because if you really are forced to trade him, it might get ugly.

Closed Thread