HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton and Buffalo

Old
01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
oilerplanet

vCash: 500
Edmonton and Buffalo

Edmonton Trades

Andrew Cogliano,
Jason Strudewick, and
5th rounder

To

Buffalo for,

Andrej Sekera, and
3nd rounder.

Don't know if the value is there but i would like to see a decent defenceman to edmonton that isn't gonna start with trading Hall, Eberle or MPS.

Flame away

Last edited by oilerplanet: 01-21-2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Obviously everyone thinks Tyler Myers is out our reach so how about a player like Sekera.
oilerplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:35 PM
iCanada

I think Buffalo would want... significantly more for a kid like Myers.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Elbowpad

Ya, I can understand wanting Myers, but the guy won the Calder Trophy last year. It'll be more than a 7th d-man, a 3rd line winger and a mid round draft pick.

They'll want a top end prospect that is of equivalent value back as a start.

Elbowpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
umwoz

This is beyond Awful. A trade between the two just won't work, it would take at least one of the "big 3" rookies.(MPS, Eberle, Hall)

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilerplanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post
I think Buffalo would want... significantly more for a kid like Myers.
Then how about a kid like Andrej Sekera. Hes slightly older not quite as skillfull as Myers but still worth of being a top four d-man in Edmonton.

Old
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

I know Myers is in a sophomore slump this year, but come on...

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Mark Stuart*

Probably have to deal MPS+ to get Myers, maybe even Eberle, depending on how highly Buffalo values him... And I assume it'd be quite high.

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

my lord...

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:42 PM
oilers92

this trade proposal brought to you by edmonton psychiatric ward, were anything is posible

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Idaho

Did I read this right?

Cogliano, Strudwick & a 5th for Myers & a 3rd.

You seriously don't know if the value is there? Sorry Buffalo fans....let's not make this thread any longer than it needs to be.

Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Mr Forever

Dear Buffalo fans and Tyler Myers,

On behalf of the Edmonton Oilers fanbase I would like to sincerely apologize for this offensive trade proposal. Tyler myers is an excellent young talent and shouldn't even be considered in a trade with these players. I hope you accept our apology..

Sincerely, Edmonton.

Old
01-21-2011, 01:47 PM
oilerplanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
this trade proposal brought to you by edmonton psychiatric ward, were anything is posible
This post brought to you by edmonton duchebag association, were nothing is possible.

Like come on man I am trying here, I suggested swapping Myers for Sekera that should make it more fair. Alright so cut me some slack.

Old
01-21-2011, 01:49 PM
oilers92

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerplanet View Post
This post brought to you by edmonton duchebag association, were nothing is possible.

Like come on man I am trying here, I suggested swapping Myers for Sekera that should make it more fair. Alright so cut me some slack.
you want myers one of the best young defenseman in the game for: a vet who should have retired last year if not earlier, a struggling 3rd line center, and the 5th round draft pick...think before you post if you dont want to get flamed

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Great One

I'm an Oilers fan and this proposal even made me cringe a little. With this proposal we'd be lucky enough to land Montador.

Great One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:52 PM
oilerplanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
you want myers one of the best young defenseman in the game for: a vet who should have retired last year if not earlier, a struggling 3rd line center, and the 5th round draft pick...think before you post if you dont want to get flamed
Then instead of bashing why not make a suggestion, I already scrapped Tyler Myers from the deal and replaced him. Alright i am trying to make it more reasonable alright just chill

Old
01-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Great One

Quote:

You were the one who made this atrocious proposal, now you sit there and take it like a man.

Old
01-21-2011, 01:56 PM
umwoz

Okay new proposal in there. Unfortunately Buffalo isn't in the market for diminutive forwards, despite the glaring hole Derek Roy left in the lineup with his injury.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 01:58 PM
oilerplanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One View Post
You were the one who made this atrocious proposal, now you sit there and take it like a man.
Yes mother. Dude don't quite your day job, if you even have one.

Like I said to the last guy. I adjusted the proposal to make it more fair. So instead of making derogatory coments about. Build on the trade as you see fit.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:01 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:

DID You not realize, Oilerplanet, you would've had drafted Myers, had your club President, and former GM, Kevin Lowe, not targeted Thomas Vanek w/ an offer sheet that Vanek rejected but under the rules of the offer sheet, Edmonton lost that pick to Anaheim as a result of the Oilers signing Dustin Penner.... Anaheim then swapped the pick to Buffalo.......

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:21 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Quote:

He is right to apologize on your behalf. Your purposal is terrible and embarrassing and I'm the biggest Oiler homer on the board.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Great One

Quote:
Yes mother. Dude don't quite your day job, if you even have one.

Like I said to the last guy. I adjusted the proposal to make it more fair. So instead of making derogatory coments about. Build on the trade as you see fit.

Look dude, i understand you are new to this but let me help you out a bit. Maybe 1 out of 20 trade proposals will ever be approved on these boards which is why i rarely make a proposal. I'll admit that your 2nd proposal wasn't that bad, but when you make a proposal like your first one you better be prepared to take some s**t and not get so defensive about it. Especially when your team wins the trade by a landslide. It's called homerism and fans hate that around here.

As for your request to build on the trade i doubt there is much we can offer outside of Hall or Eberle that will land a player so key to a teams future as Myers is to Buffalo but i'll give it a shot.

If i were Edmonton management i wouldn't offer any more than Penner and MPS for Myers and middle to later round pick. Oilers may even be willing to include a pick as well.
For the record i have my doubts either team touches this deal but it is as close as i can come up with for either team to agree to it.

Now Oilerplanet watch how Oiler fans tell me how much of an overpayment this is by Edmonton and Sabre fans saying that Buffalo would be crazy to accept such a deal. Just the way it works around here.

Old
01-21-2011, 02:26 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
DID You not realize, Oilerplanet, you would've had drafted Myers, had your club President, and former GM, Kevin Lowe, not targeted Thomas Vanek w/ an offer sheet that Vanek rejected but under the rules of the offer sheet, Edmonton lost that pick to Anaheim as a result of the Oilers signing Dustin Penner.... Anaheim then swapped the pick to Buffalo.......
A 1st,2nd, and 3rd isn't a bad price to pay for a player who leds your team in scoring for 3 years. Chances are we woudn't have drafted Myers with the pick anyway.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Edmonton lost that pick to Anaheim as a result of the Oilers signing Dustin Penner.... Anaheim then swapped the pick to Buffalo.......
Are you serious....

that is so depressing

Old
01-21-2011, 02:29 PM
section 218

Quote:
Edmonton Trades

Andrew Cogliano,
Jason Strudewick, and
5th rounder

To

Buffalo for,

Andrej Sekera, and
3nd rounder.

Don't know if the value is there but i would like to see a decent defenceman to edmonton that isn't gonna start with trading Hall, Eberle or MPS.

Flame away
Ha Ha Buffalo laughs at this proposal also. Start with your 1st pick and add a little
Sekera has been our best d-man this year really started coming into his own during last year olympics

section 218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:35 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by section 218 View Post
Ha Ha Buffalo laughs at this proposal also. Start with your 1st pick and add a little
Sekera has been our best d-man this year really started coming into his own during last year olympics
To clarify, you're suggesting:

Edm 2011 1st pick
+ another asset

for Sekera

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote