HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Why am I complaining

Old
01-17-2011, 04:16 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Why am I complaining

Why are any of us complaining?

Some of us don't like Gomez, others don't like Kostitsyn or Spacek or (name almost anyone) yet the team is doing better than last year.

I think we have to realize that every player will not be at the top of his game for every game every year but when one falters another has stepped in to pick up the slack. It seems like everyone has gone through some kind of a slump but when you look at the season to date it hasn't been that bad. And that is in spite of the injuries.

We all expect perfection but these guys are human.

I know there will be frustrations and we will vent our complaints on the board... but we need to recognize that everyone here is a fan and wants only the best for the team. A team that isn't doing that badly right now.

I guess no one really needs to be thrown under the bus considering what has been accomplished and that includes Gomez... who I have been particularly critical of. Sure there could be improvements but we have who we have... and I think they would all like to win for the Habs.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:24 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

I do complain but in the end, what I wanna see is a team that is continually growing and improving. It's the best way to to get ready for the playoffs. Also, what really matters for me is the playoffs and I know these guys will step up their game.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Why are any of us complaining?

Some of us don't like Gomez, others don't like Kostitsyn or Spacek or (name almost anyone) yet the team is doing better than last year.

I think we have to realize that every player will not be at the top of his game for every game every year but when one falters another has stepped in to pick up the slack. It seems like everyone has gone through some kind of a slump but when you look at the season to date it hasn't been that bad. And that is in spite of the injuries.

We all expect perfection but these guys are human.

I know there will be frustrations and we will vent our complaints on the board... but we need to recognize that everyone here is a fan and wants only the best for the team. A team that isn't doing that badly right now.

I guess no one really needs to be thrown under the bus considering what has been accomplished and that includes Gomez... who I have been particularly critical of. Sure there could be improvements but we have who we have... and I think they would all like to win for the Habs.
Very well said and also quite true.

I have done my share of complaining, but at times I just want to see our beloved Habs play at the top of their game. We have all seen these players play better than they have for periods of time this season, but like you pointed out our players and all hockey players for that matter do not play at the top of their game every minute of every game.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Its because most fans can see that if Cammy, Gio, Pools, AKost, Gomez, and Pleks are at their very best... then the team is kick ***

As well, if rookies like Pax, Eller, Subban and Weber are developing fast... then the team is kick ***

Most complainers just want the best for their team

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:47 PM
goman

It seems like being a hockey fan is a bit like being a player. It's a funny process going from rookie to vet and like players the biggest difference is you think you know more but you also know not to get too up when things are up and too down when things are down.

Goal scorers not scoring doesn't bother you as much, you don't make silly statements like "Tom Pyatt is the most useless player in the NHL" and you get over the fact that some players have contracts that it seems they will never live up to. You understand that no NHL GM or coach (much less those who work for the Canadiens) is an idiot that knows nothing of hockey, but that doesn't mean they don't make mistakes here and there.

The only thing being a "vet" hockey fan doesn't change is your inability to actually affect anything that happens on or off the ice.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:51 PM
coolasprICE

when I was a small kid, I use to cry after loss

as an adult, I post on hf instead

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
triplecitizen

Complaining is fun and is a natural coping mechanism. I don't see why this is a mystery.

triplecitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:02 PM
BLONG7

Honestly guys, as fans we have to be happy where the team is right now, without Markov for most of the season, and now Gorges for the rest of the season.......for a second, think, how good would Boston be without Chara, and any other dman? Take any team, and take away their best offensive dman, and the teams best defensive dman, shot blocking machine, and where would that team be?

It's been a pretty good season to date, the brutal Xmas road trip hurt, but honestly, no complaining....if we start scoring goals...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:37 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Complaining is the sport national des Quebecois !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote