HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Price gets a shutout! Habs manage to Hurf-a-durf a win in OT

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2011, 11:39 AM
PyrettaBlaze

vCash: 500
Did I miss something? Who criticized Subban's celebration?

Old
01-18-2011, 11:52 AM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Of course People will make a big deal out of anything he does. He's a big-name rookie who plays for the Habs, is black, and has a big personality.

- Subban played for Team Canada at the WJC and was one of their top players. People all over Canada began to take notice.
- He plays for the greatest franchise in hockey history in Montreal (and we haven't had a prospect this exciting in how long?).
- We have the biggest fan base and get a ton of media coverage, so he's obviously going to get talked about a lot.
- He's black. People pretend it's not a factor, but it is. I don't think that people are necessarily racist, but you take notice because it's out of the ordinary to have really good black players in the NHL (different cultures and upbringing). So that makes him stand out from the rest in a way.
- He's got a big personality. He's energetic, exciting, confident, and in your face.

When you combine all those things, it's no wonder he gets the attention he does.
he's getting a lot of attention around the league, but look how much of it is coming from our own media and our fans.

every mtl media outlet is talking about this today, but I haven't heard anyone else around the league say anything.

last night after the game, montreal reporters tracked down tanguay and asked him specifically about pk's goal celebration. where else would this happen? did someone interview eric staal after chara celebrated scoring the 7th goal of the game yesterday afternoon?

this is just montreal media stirring **** up, nothing new. part of the reason pk is getting so much attention around the league is because of the media coverage here.

Old
01-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
if you dont like his celebrations stop him from scoring and making great plays
if you dont want to do that
then SHUT THE **** UP about it

Old
01-18-2011, 11:55 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Did I miss something? Who criticized Subban's celebration?
Was RDS's question of the day, what do you think about PKs' ****IN goal celebration ! And my god is Luc what ever the **** his name is UGLY !!! Gelinas yeah thats it !

Old
01-18-2011, 11:56 AM
PyrettaBlaze

MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin
Craig Rivet on PK Subban: I don't have a problem with celebrations (...) But he knows he's good and he likes to show it. He doesn't need to.

Old
01-18-2011, 12:02 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
MAGodin Marc Antoine Godin
Craig Rivet on PK Subban: I don't have a problem with celebrations (...) But he knows he's good and he likes to show it. He doesn't need to.
Craig who ? The same **** sucker that bashed Montreal the moment he left ?
The guy is an idiot !

Old
01-18-2011, 12:03 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Craig who ? The same **** sucker that bashed Montreal the moment he left ?
The guy is an idiot !
Why are your posts always filled with anger?

Old
01-18-2011, 12:05 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Why are your posts always filled with anger?
Talk bad about my Habs, deal with the fury ! Pretty simple no ?

Old
01-18-2011, 12:06 PM
CanadienErrant*

I p-refer P.K.'s celebrations than the no reaction clause that Plekanec and Cammy seems to have in their contracts.

When was the last time we saw Pleks with a smile on his face ? The guy is just too tense.

Old
01-18-2011, 12:15 PM
guest1467

Who gives a rats ass about the PK celebration.

Anyone else really stoked Eller finally finished a play? Hopefully he continues to finish out there. He is playing well.

Old
01-18-2011, 12:19 PM
phoque taupe

Yeah, i was real happy when Eller scored.
I hope he will stick in the top6

Old
01-18-2011, 12:26 PM
antoniojr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawktop View Post
Yeah, i was real happy when Eller scored.
I hope he will stick in the top6
Definitely deserves it, that's for sure.
Could have had another too.

Old
01-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Jigger77

All the rookies and young players are really starting to make their presense felt on this team. Eller, PK, MaxPac, Weber, Pouliot etc... Very promising.

Old
01-18-2011, 12:32 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
All the rookies and young players are really starting to make their presense felt on this team. Eller, PK, MaxPac, Weber, Pouliot etc... Very promising.
Even A.K. who is not that old... But will he continue ? I am not sure about Weber, though.

Old
01-18-2011, 12:33 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Young cheap depth and cheap veteran depth is how you have a competitive club year in and year out in the NHL. The recent management have definitely worked and succeeded at improving this aspect of the team.

Old
01-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Even A.K. who is not that old... But will he continue ? I am not sure about Weber, though.
Yup. Last two games anyway. Seems his chat with JM helped out. He looks like he's playing with a bit more of an edge for sure. When he's on we're that much more of a dangerous team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Young cheap depth and cheap veteran depth is how you have a competitive club year in and year out in the NHL. The recent management have definitely worked and succeeded at improving this aspect of the team.
That and personally I really like the way JM has handled these young players. I know he gets criticized a lot and sometimes rightly so but the way they are all playing right now and how they seem to be gaining in confidence is a testament to some of the good work he's done.

Old
01-18-2011, 12:39 PM
antoniojr

I really hope, for all parties involved, that AK keeps it up.
He's been playing with some extra 'umph' these past couple of games.
It's paying off

Old
01-18-2011, 12:40 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Yup. Last two games anyway. Seems his chat with JM helped out. He looks like he's playing with a bit more of an edge for sure. When he's on we're that much more of a dangerous team.

That and personally I really like the way JM has handled these young players. I know he gets criticized a lot and sometimes rightly so but the way they are all playing right now and how they seem to be gaining in confidence is a testament to some of the good work he's done.
Too bad they dumped O'Byrne and Lapierre.

Old
01-18-2011, 12:57 PM
guest1467

Quote:
He preaches patience and discipline. He lets them in slowly, and hammers fundamentals on them. You strip the player down, teach him how to be successful in the NHL, and then you let him bud as a player. Unfortunately, not all kids handle this way because they are not strong mentally. And a lot of fans don´t like it because people are notoriously impatient and compulsive.

Old
01-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
He preaches patience and discipline. He lets them in slowly, and hammers fundamentals on them. You strip the player down, teach him how to be successful in the NHL, and then you let him bud as a player. Unfortunately, not all kids handle this way because they are not strong mentally. And a lot of fans don´t like it because people are notoriously impatient and compulsive.
Foreign concepts for many nowadays indeed.

Old
01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
haburger

we have a real good mix of players on this team .i like our future.excellent job by pg an bob.cant believe people are slammin this team .we re 3 wins behind the league leader without our 2 best dmen. lol havent been this excited for the habs in 15 years.

Old
01-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Dharvey33

I tought weber played a good game the only problem with him is his shot they seem to always hit the skates or the pads of every player and never hits the net. he is has more confidence in his abilities and is making good plays in his zone. Even on the pp he didn't rush things.

Kind of like the hamrlik or Gill syndrome.

Spacek since playing on his good side has been really good his first pass is way better.
Really liked the pair tonight Weber Spacek Subban Gill Hamr Wiz.

Eller is a brut Diamond, the skills are their but it still needs shaping, we have seen this last night.

He deserves at least 15 minutes a night with good wingers and good things will happen.

Not talking about PK since he has been our best D since he Gorges Injury the kid as step up his game on both sides of the ice.
great work on the PK we might want to call him Penalty Kill Subban.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:03 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
If you don't think the flack PK gets has nothing to do with race, you're living in a land with flying unicorns.

I'm not pointing to last night's game in particular. I'm pointing to the dissection of everything the guy does....by media, players and fans....it's disgusting.

I personally like the Cammy reactions....but PK scored his first GWG in OT...let the kid have a little fun. Jeez.
Where did I say anything about race? Did I say it had anything or nothing to do with race? No I didn't.

Stick to the subject: Gomez was right to be pissed off. He was going to celebrate with him and he blew him off. He later said he was so excited that he did make a mistake. I just don't get why PK saw he screwed up and not some of you here.

On a team you need to go to bat for your team mates to get them to get your back. If he keeps acting like that he'll be as alone as he was after he celebrated the goal and the gathering was off where Price was.

I don't mind the celebration. He was deep in the zone after the shot he should have fist pumped back there and had the team come to him not fly into the middle of the ice and blow by the guys who helped him create the play.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:18 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Personally, I think there's more of a problem with a teamate being upset about how another teamate celebrates a goal. If Gomez was/is truly upset that PK Subban didn't acknowledge him after his pass led to the GWG, than I think that says more about Scott Gomez, than it does PK Subban.

I mean really...are we really going to criticise a guy who just lived out a scenario he probably dreamed of as a child growing up? Lets not forget, he's a lifelong Habs fans...scoring a goal in OT is probably a huge deal to him, just cause it's not for other people, it doesn't make it any less special for him.

There's a real problem in hockey when we're starting to analyze and criticise a players enthusiam for a game winning goal.
I disagree. Gomez was right to be ticked off. He deserved credit for his play and recognition by his team mate. He didn't deserve to get passed by en route to celebrate the goal by PK in front of 21K plus fans.

I am not criticizing his goal celebration BUT it isn't just Gomez that was ticked off. It's most of the team NOT joining his goal celebration and forming off to the side. Most players wanted nothing to do with him just then.

Afterward, PJ correctly pointed it out and was called an idiot by most on this forum. Then the post game interviews asked several players what they thought. Why I wonder? Later, PK himself explains and apologizes because he knows he screwed up. You ever hear him apologize to Richards, Cherry or anybody else he ever ticked off? No, but he did explain himself because this was HIS team he offended.

You can say it was a couple of players or the vets acting like girls but i see 75% of the team somewhere else during that celebration. They can't all be wrong.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:18 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
hahahahahahaha oh my goddddd

Closed Thread