HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Stars - 01/17/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
We have to be either some of the stupidest fans on earth for punishing ourselves; or the most loyal. Not sure which one it is so far.
I prefer the term sadistic over stupid in any form when it comes to the Kings...

Old
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

After going 12-17-1 in their last 30, this team needs to now go 21-12-4 over the next 37 to get into the playoffs.

This year = no playoffs.

My prediction success %'s are terrible. Here's to hoping that trend continues.

Who is ready to start talking draft? Just like old times.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
After going 12-17-1 in their last 30, this team needs to now go 21-12-4 over the next 37 to get into the playoffs.

This year = no playoffs.

My prediction success %'s are terrible. Here's to hoping that trend continues.

Who is ready to start talking draft? Just like old times.
Yup, looking pretty grim... On the bright side, we've got a top ten pick

Old
01-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Yup, looking pretty grim... On the bright side, we've got a top ten pick
Nice way for the new management team to get started fixing this mess.

Take the natural goal-scorer, the sniper the potential game breaking winger we don't have at the NHL level or in the system.

Old
01-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
MURRAY: “We get a power play in the third period, we dump the puck in and we don’t recover pucks. That’s something with the power play, even though we haven’t scored recently, we have recovered pucks much better than we did last night. We ended up turning it over and chasing the puck. That’s what needs to happen on a more consistent basis, more of those puck recoveries, holding onto it, making plays.”

Has Murray just gone "full retard"? He's complaining about his own system.

Old
01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
DeeMeck

LOL...when the other team knows that the puck is being dumped in...they are already 2 steps ahead of you.

Old
01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
OK Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Nice way for the new management team to get started fixing this mess.

Take the natural goal-scorer, the sniper the potential game breaking winger we don't have at the NHL level or in the system.
Who is even available at the spot that we might fall in, realistically that is? I'm not exactly a draft guru here, someone help me out.

Old
01-18-2011, 04:37 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
That's the full quote?
Full quote: "We did not come to play tonight" Kopitar said.

Old
01-18-2011, 04:55 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Full quote: "We did not come to play tonight" Kopitar said.
So is this on the players or on the coach and GM.

Seems to me that Kopitar hasn't exactly been on fire lately. If he isn't ready to play every game with a sense of urgency at this point in the season, why the hell not?

BTW, some of you that think a management change is in order might want to go here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=866330

to display your opinions and brand of hockey genius to other teams' fans.

Old
01-18-2011, 05:06 PM
fyrescorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Loyal + Stupid = Power
I feel like a Cubs fan.....

Old
01-18-2011, 05:18 PM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
So is this on the players or on the coach and GM.

Seems to me that Kopitar hasn't exactly been on fire lately. If he isn't ready to play every game with a sense of urgency at this point in the season, why the hell not?

BTW, some of you that think a management change is in order might want to go here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=866330

to display your opinions and brand of hockey genius to other teams' fans.
It is on the whole organization. We will soon find out if it is just a slump or if the problems run a lot deeper. They can still right the ship if they can win a few games.
If is the question right now.

Old
01-18-2011, 05:26 PM
SFKingshomer

Still a ton of hockey to be played. Firing Lombardi would be one of the largest mistakes the Kings have made. I'd hate to see where they would be without him. Probably the same position in the standings with a much older roster and no one in the farm worth mentioning.

Old
01-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
I feel like a Cubs fan.....
Yeah except the Cubs have actually won something I think (like 100 years ago but still..) and they make the playoffs more often.

Is sad as it is to say, the Kings are the Clippers of the NHL minus the owner shouting at his players from the stands.

I just got a friend into hockey this past month. He watched the Olympics with me last year and has recently taken a liking to the sport. He has been watching the Kings this past month and finally I told him today that he might be better off watching the Ducks. Granted, he was asking about the physical side of the game when I said that but it is friggin embarassing to be a Kings fan.

Old
01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Yeah except the Cubs have actually won something I think (like 100 years ago but still..) and they make the playoffs more often.

Is sad as it is to say, the Kings are the Clippers of the NHL minus the owner shouting at his players from the stands.

I just got a friend into hockey this past month. He watched the Olympics with me last year and has recently taken a liking to the sport. He has been watching the Kings this past month and finally I told him today that he might be better off watching the Ducks. Granted, he was asking about the physical side of the game when I said that but it is friggin embarassing to be a Kings fan.
Sounds like you and your buddy have it all figured it. Enjoy watching Ducks games!

Old
01-18-2011, 05:54 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Still a ton of hockey to be played. Firing Lombardi would be one of the largest mistakes the Kings have made. I'd hate to see where they would be without him. Probably the same position in the standings with a much older roster and no one in the farm worth mentioning.
If they fire DL and blow it all up again. I'll be done with the Kings, simple as that. Dean has done a good job replenishing the system, and I would like to see him finish out his contract with the Kings. Which is another 2 years with the Kings.

Old
01-18-2011, 05:58 PM
butthead666

Quote:
Lombardi should not be fired now anyway. Only time will tell in regards to his draft picks.

Old
01-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 280
Quote:
Sounds like you and your buddy have it all figured it. Enjoy watching Ducks games!
Try that again and at least make it funny next time

Old
01-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
If they fire DL and blow it all up again. I'll be done with the Kings.
Why do people keep saying this. The Kings would not be starting a rebuild, they would be bringing in someone who has a clue about post lockout hockey who would build this team to a championship level, something Dean Lombardi has never been able to accomplish in his 12 seasons as an NHL GM.

Chicago
Vancouver
Anaheim
Pittsburgh
San Jose

All these teams fired their GM's and became or remained contenders, with three of them winning the Stanley Cup within 3 years of changing GM's.

Old
01-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
I do enjoy watching them. I can't get center ice so any free televised hockey is fine by me.

Quote:
Why do people keep saying this. The Kings would not be starting a rebuild, they would be bringing in someone who has a clue about post lockout hockey who would build this team to a championship level, something Dean Lombardi has never been able to accomplish in his 12 seasons as an NHL GM.

Chicago
Vancouver
Anaheim
Pittsburgh
San Jose

All these teams fired their GM's and became or remained contenders, with three of them winning the Stanley Cup within 3 years of changing GM's.
First off, who is this magical person they need to hire? Secondly, why do you assume that AEG will hire this person? Remember they were the ones that hired your arch nemesis, Dean Lombardi. Assuming they are going to hire the new messiah is absurd.

This whole situation sucks big time because I don't think anyone really does have an idea what will happen if <fill in the blank>.

Old
01-18-2011, 06:17 PM
butthead666

Quote:

Chicago
Vancouver
Anaheim
Pittsburgh
San Jose

He has never even been out of the second round which is my biggest knock against him.

Old
01-18-2011, 06:17 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post

I've put a lot of thought into who the Kings compare to in the sports world and I have come up with one team-the Houston Astros. Both teams have been to the championships once and lost. The Astros had Nolan Ryan, the Kings Wayne Gretzky. And for the most part both teams don't matter. Most sports fans know who they are but when it comes to winning or being really bad both teams seem to just be in the continual toilet bowl flush while not going all the way down. If you've ever been to Chicago you would know the Kings don't compare to the Cubs.

Old
01-18-2011, 06:25 PM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I've put a lot of thought into who the Kings compare to in the sports world and I have come up with one team-the Houston Astros. Both teams have been to the championships once and lost. The Astros had Nolan Ryan, the Kings Wayne Gretzky. And for the most part both teams don't matter. Most sports fans know who they are but when it comes to winning or being really bad both teams seem to just be in the continual toilet bowl flush while not going all the way down. If you've ever been to Chicago you would know the Kings don't compare to the Cubs.
I'd go Texas Rangers (MLB) myself but Astros are a good comparable.

Old
01-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
That works for me. The Astros I guess are slightly less irrelevant than the Clippers.

Closed Thread