HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Stars - 01/17/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
  #201
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
We have to be either some of the stupidest fans on earth for punishing ourselves; or the most loyal. Not sure which one it is so far.
I prefer the term sadistic over stupid in any form when it comes to the Kings...

RAZZIE King is online now  
Old
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
  #202
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,008
vCash: 500
After going 12-17-1 in their last 30, this team needs to now go 21-12-4 over the next 37 to get into the playoffs.

This year = no playoffs.

My prediction success %'s are terrible. Here's to hoping that trend continues.

Who is ready to start talking draft? Just like old times.

TonySCV is online now  
Old
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
  #203
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
After going 12-17-1 in their last 30, this team needs to now go 21-12-4 over the next 37 to get into the playoffs.

This year = no playoffs.

My prediction success %'s are terrible. Here's to hoping that trend continues.

Who is ready to start talking draft? Just like old times.
Yup, looking pretty grim... On the bright side, we've got a top ten pick

BigBrown is online now  
Old
01-18-2011, 04:08 PM
  #204
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Yup, looking pretty grim... On the bright side, we've got a top ten pick
Nice way for the new management team to get started fixing this mess.

Take the natural goal-scorer, the sniper the potential game breaking winger we don't have at the NHL level or in the system.

Herby is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 04:27 PM
  #205
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
MURRAY: “We get a power play in the third period, we dump the puck in and we don’t recover pucks. That’s something with the power play, even though we haven’t scored recently, we have recovered pucks much better than we did last night. We ended up turning it over and chasing the puck. That’s what needs to happen on a more consistent basis, more of those puck recoveries, holding onto it, making plays.”

Has Murray just gone "full retard"? He's complaining about his own system.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
  #206
DeeMeck
Registered User
 
DeeMeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 500
LOL...when the other team knows that the puck is being dumped in...they are already 2 steps ahead of you.

DeeMeck is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
  #207
OK Computer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Nice way for the new management team to get started fixing this mess.

Take the natural goal-scorer, the sniper the potential game breaking winger we don't have at the NHL level or in the system.
Who is even available at the spot that we might fall in, realistically that is? I'm not exactly a draft guru here, someone help me out.

OK Computer is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 04:37 PM
  #208
The Judge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
That's the full quote?
Full quote: "We did not come to play tonight" Kopitar said.

The Judge is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 04:55 PM
  #209
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
Full quote: "We did not come to play tonight" Kopitar said.
So is this on the players or on the coach and GM.

Seems to me that Kopitar hasn't exactly been on fire lately. If he isn't ready to play every game with a sense of urgency at this point in the season, why the hell not?

BTW, some of you that think a management change is in order might want to go here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=866330

to display your opinions and brand of hockey genius to other teams' fans.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 05:06 PM
  #210
fyrescorp
Registered User
 
fyrescorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Loyal + Stupid = Power
I feel like a Cubs fan.....

fyrescorp is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 05:18 PM
  #211
butthead666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
So is this on the players or on the coach and GM.

Seems to me that Kopitar hasn't exactly been on fire lately. If he isn't ready to play every game with a sense of urgency at this point in the season, why the hell not?

BTW, some of you that think a management change is in order might want to go here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=866330

to display your opinions and brand of hockey genius to other teams' fans.
It is on the whole organization. We will soon find out if it is just a slump or if the problems run a lot deeper. They can still right the ship if they can win a few games.
If is the question right now.

butthead666 is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 05:26 PM
  #212
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,134
vCash: 500
Still a ton of hockey to be played. Firing Lombardi would be one of the largest mistakes the Kings have made. I'd hate to see where they would be without him. Probably the same position in the standings with a much older roster and no one in the farm worth mentioning.

SFKingshomer is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 05:28 PM
  #213
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrescorp View Post
I feel like a Cubs fan.....
Yeah except the Cubs have actually won something I think (like 100 years ago but still..) and they make the playoffs more often.

Is sad as it is to say, the Kings are the Clippers of the NHL minus the owner shouting at his players from the stands.

I just got a friend into hockey this past month. He watched the Olympics with me last year and has recently taken a liking to the sport. He has been watching the Kings this past month and finally I told him today that he might be better off watching the Ducks. Granted, he was asking about the physical side of the game when I said that but it is friggin embarassing to be a Kings fan.

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
  #214
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Yeah except the Cubs have actually won something I think (like 100 years ago but still..) and they make the playoffs more often.

Is sad as it is to say, the Kings are the Clippers of the NHL minus the owner shouting at his players from the stands.

I just got a friend into hockey this past month. He watched the Olympics with me last year and has recently taken a liking to the sport. He has been watching the Kings this past month and finally I told him today that he might be better off watching the Ducks. Granted, he was asking about the physical side of the game when I said that but it is friggin embarassing to be a Kings fan.
Sounds like you and your buddy have it all figured it. Enjoy watching Ducks games!

SFKingshomer is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 05:54 PM
  #215
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Still a ton of hockey to be played. Firing Lombardi would be one of the largest mistakes the Kings have made. I'd hate to see where they would be without him. Probably the same position in the standings with a much older roster and no one in the farm worth mentioning.
If they fire DL and blow it all up again. I'll be done with the Kings, simple as that. Dean has done a good job replenishing the system, and I would like to see him finish out his contract with the Kings. Which is another 2 years with the Kings.

DryIslandBartender is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 05:58 PM
  #216
butthead666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Still a ton of hockey to be played. Firing Lombardi would be one of the largest mistakes the Kings have made. I'd hate to see where they would be without him. Probably the same position in the standings with a much older roster and no one in the farm worth mentioning.
Lombardi should not be fired now anyway. Only time will tell in regards to his draft picks.

butthead666 is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 06:01 PM
  #217
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 21,414
vCash: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Sounds like you and your buddy have it all figured it. Enjoy watching Ducks games!
Try that again and at least make it funny next time

Flour Child is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 06:03 PM
  #218
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
If they fire DL and blow it all up again. I'll be done with the Kings.
Why do people keep saying this. The Kings would not be starting a rebuild, they would be bringing in someone who has a clue about post lockout hockey who would build this team to a championship level, something Dean Lombardi has never been able to accomplish in his 12 seasons as an NHL GM.

Chicago
Vancouver
Anaheim
Pittsburgh
San Jose

All these teams fired their GM's and became or remained contenders, with three of them winning the Stanley Cup within 3 years of changing GM's.

Herby is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 06:15 PM
  #219
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Sounds like you and your buddy have it all figured it. Enjoy watching Ducks games!
I do enjoy watching them. I can't get center ice so any free televised hockey is fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Why do people keep saying this. The Kings would not be starting a rebuild, they would be bringing in someone who has a clue about post lockout hockey who would build this team to a championship level, something Dean Lombardi has never been able to accomplish in his 12 seasons as an NHL GM.

Chicago
Vancouver
Anaheim
Pittsburgh
San Jose

All these teams fired their GM's and became or remained contenders, with three of them winning the Stanley Cup within 3 years of changing GM's.
First off, who is this magical person they need to hire? Secondly, why do you assume that AEG will hire this person? Remember they were the ones that hired your arch nemesis, Dean Lombardi. Assuming they are going to hire the new messiah is absurd.

This whole situation sucks big time because I don't think anyone really does have an idea what will happen if <fill in the blank>.

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 06:17 PM
  #220
butthead666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Why do people keep saying this. The Kings would not be starting a rebuild, they would be bringing in someone who has a clue about post lockout hockey who would build this team to a championship level, something Dean Lombardi has never been able to accomplish in his 12 seasons as an NHL GM.

Chicago
Vancouver
Anaheim
Pittsburgh
San Jose

All these teams fired their GM's and became or remained contenders, with three of them winning the Stanley Cup within 3 years of changing GM's.
He has never even been out of the second round which is my biggest knock against him.

butthead666 is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 06:17 PM
  #221
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,434
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Yeah except the Cubs have actually won something I think (like 100 years ago but still..) and they make the playoffs more often.

Is sad as it is to say, the Kings are the Clippers of the NHL minus the owner shouting at his players from the stands.

I just got a friend into hockey this past month. He watched the Olympics with me last year and has recently taken a liking to the sport. He has been watching the Kings this past month and finally I told him today that he might be better off watching the Ducks. Granted, he was asking about the physical side of the game when I said that but it is friggin embarassing to be a Kings fan.
I've put a lot of thought into who the Kings compare to in the sports world and I have come up with one team-the Houston Astros. Both teams have been to the championships once and lost. The Astros had Nolan Ryan, the Kings Wayne Gretzky. And for the most part both teams don't matter. Most sports fans know who they are but when it comes to winning or being really bad both teams seem to just be in the continual toilet bowl flush while not going all the way down. If you've ever been to Chicago you would know the Kings don't compare to the Cubs.

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 06:25 PM
  #222
butthead666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I've put a lot of thought into who the Kings compare to in the sports world and I have come up with one team-the Houston Astros. Both teams have been to the championships once and lost. The Astros had Nolan Ryan, the Kings Wayne Gretzky. And for the most part both teams don't matter. Most sports fans know who they are but when it comes to winning or being really bad both teams seem to just be in the continual toilet bowl flush while not going all the way down. If you've ever been to Chicago you would know the Kings don't compare to the Cubs.
I'd go Texas Rangers (MLB) myself but Astros are a good comparable.

butthead666 is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 06:27 PM
  #223
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I've put a lot of thought into who the Kings compare to in the sports world and I have come up with one team-the Houston Astros. Both teams have been to the championships once and lost. The Astros had Nolan Ryan, the Kings Wayne Gretzky. And for the most part both teams don't matter. Most sports fans know who they are but when it comes to winning or being really bad both teams seem to just be in the continual toilet bowl flush while not going all the way down. If you've ever been to Chicago you would know the Kings don't compare to the Cubs.
That works for me. The Astros I guess are slightly less irrelevant than the Clippers.

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.