HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markov unsure of his destiny..

Old
01-14-2011, 03:25 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Markov unsure of his destiny..

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...3_section_POS1

Lorsque Josh Gorges a mis fin à sa saison en raison d'un déchirement du ligament croisé antérieur, le dg Pierre Gauthier l'a assuré qu'il n'avait pas à craindre pour sa place avec le Canadien. Mais Markov, qui sera joueur autonome sans compensation le 1er juillet, n'a pas reçu le même son de cloche.

«Je nai pas encore eu de conversation en ce ce sens avec lui, a précisé le défenseur russe ajoutant qu'il ne voulait pas parler de sa situation contractuelle et qu'il préférait se concentrer sur sa convalescence.."

To make it short, when Gorges fell down with a season over injury, Gauthier talked to him letting him know he has a guarenteed spot on the team for next year while Markov still hasnt had any infos from Gauthier about his future with the Habs..

So take it for what it worth, I just thought it could be interesting to mention it.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:40 PM
gee

RFA vs. UFA ?

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:47 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
RFA vs. UFA ?
well, indeed, it makes sense.. thougth Gorges was Ufa..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Also it's easier to guarantee a spot to a guy that'll make peanuts as opposed to the guy who will probably be in your top 3 salaries

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 04:26 PM
OneSharpMarble

I don't even want to think about our defense if Markov is gone. We would have zero top pairing dmen. Hamrlik is garbage and spacek doesn't belong in the top 4. Subban is coming along but not ready.

I don't want to think about it.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 04:40 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Also it's easier to guarantee a spot to a guy that'll make peanuts as opposed to the guy who will probably be in your top 3 salaries
Gorges won't make peanuts next year... he'll have a pretty expensive contract.

Markov... I certainly hope he'll be back... you can see each and every game how important he is to this team.

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 04:51 PM
FeelsLike93

there's no question you need to bring Markov back sign this guy for 1-2 years and give him the oppurtunity because if you don't and he goes somewhere else and stays healthy we look stupid. Besides without him are defense will be average especially next year when Hammer and Spacek are a year older. Keep him

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Belso

well maybe that is why he's saying he will be better.. Trying to protect his future with at least one team..

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=864956

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Teufelsdreck

Markov has had a repeat injury of the same knee. Gauthier doesn't have enough information to know whether Markov can rso eturn at near-100% mobility. If I were Gauthier I would make contingency plans in case Markov loses a lot. Unfortunately, the Habs don't have any sure-thing D prospects. next season could be scsry.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Shabutie

Gorges, I hope we sign him for 2-2.5 and fear that we'll overprice him at 3.5. Markov, I hope we can re-sign at 5-5.5m, he's worth more, but his 2 recent injuries might have set him back.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:20 PM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I don't even want to think about our defense if Markov is gone. We would have zero top pairing dmen. Hamrlik is garbage and spacek doesn't belong in the top 4. Subban is coming along but not ready.

I don't want to think about it.
I agree with everything but the bolded part. Hamrlik is far from garbage in my opinion and even helps a lot while Markov wasn't/isn't on the roster. He's obviously spending too much time on the ice nowadays, but who else could play top minutes besides him?

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Choose your destiny

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

it look to me like :''I will sign here if they give me the money and a long term deal.''

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Markov's knee, not too swelled up and looking like he really is a good healer. That s from a screen freeze of his interview today wich can be seen on Youtube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU38-...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Ice Poutine: 01-14-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Plante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
it look to me like :''I will sign here if they give me the money and a long term deal.''
You'd make a good cop.

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post

Markov's knee, not too swelled up and looking like he really is a good healer. That s from a screen freeze of his interview today wich can be seen on Youtube at:

Nice shave.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 07:37 PM
fergiesbeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Markov has had a repeat injury of the same knee. Gauthier doesn't have enough information to know whether Markov can rso eturn at near-100% mobility. If I were Gauthier I would make contingency plans in case Markov loses a lot. Unfortunately, the Habs don't have any sure-thing D prospects. next season could be scsry.
i agree he is a risk and would not sign him to any long term deal.One year contract and then see what happens.

fergiesbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 07:58 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:

At the beginning of the video does he tell Subban to move his stuff, that's his spot and then points to his name tag. I thought it was funny. Hopefully everything goes awesome and he is back in a Habs uniform in September.

NLHabsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:03 PM
hsing

Quote:

When did he underwent surgery?

By the way he walks and the look of his knee during the video, he is in the 2nd phase of 4 in rehabilitation from ACL sugery, which should occur during the 2-12 weeks following the surgery.

hsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsing View Post
When did he underwent surgery?
Dec. 8, 2010: Has right ACL repaired in Birmingham, Ala., surgery performed by orthopedic surgeon James Andrews
He's meeting the doctor that operated on him next week for a follow up.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:09 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
there's no question you need to bring Markov back sign this guy for 1-2 years and give him the oppurtunity because if you don't and he goes somewhere else and stays healthy we look stupid. Besides without him are defense will be average especially next year when Hammer and Spacek are a year older. Keep him
1-2 years ...get real some stupud team will give him 4 years

and it better not be us

HE IS FINISHED AS A TOP TIER PLAYER

look at Gaborik ...those injuries have taken a toll

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Prendan Brust

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
1-2 years ...get real some stupud team will give him 4 years

and it better not be us

HE IS FINISHED AS A TOP TIER PLAYER

look at Gaborik ...those injuries have taken a toll
Gaborik had 42 goals and 86 points in 76 games last year. How is he finished as a top tier player???

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
I agree with everything but the bolded part. Hamrlik is far from garbage in my opinion and even helps a lot while Markov wasn't/isn't on the roster. He's obviously spending too much time on the ice nowadays, but who else could play top minutes besides him?
I was going to say the same thing. Ideally Hamrlik is back as a #4 guy, right now he's forced into a #1 or 2 role(him and Wiz) with Markov out.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Difference between Gorges and Markov? Money. Clearly Gorges is a guy you could sign long term and save on the cap hit. The guy is able to play without an ACL so you figure that he's tough and chances are that it happen again might be slimmer. So of course Gauthier goes and say to him that they'll find a solution together. It's the best interest for both parties.

Then, Gauthier still needs to figure out if he wants to pay the big money to the guy who "might" be a litte less lucky. And the money is much bigger than Gorges. Once Gauthier figures out he can't move on without him, there's still the money thing to discuss about. Longer term, less money? Shorter term, big money? Honestly the Gorges and Markov negotiations are 2 different ball games....

In resume, the meeting between Gorges and Gauthier compared to the meeting between Markov and Gauthier, is going to be much quicker and much easier.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:39 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
At the beginning of the video does he tell Subban to move his stuff, that's his spot and then points to his name tag. I thought it was funny. Hopefully everything goes awesome and he is back in a Habs uniform in September.
He looked pissed....but I don't blame him...It's like being sick and off from work for a while, coming back and people have all their **** in your cubicle.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote