HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brock Trotter

Old
01-10-2011, 10:44 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Brock Trotter

Trotter isn't ripping up the KHL and probably would have in the AHL with Patches and DD. The kid would have probably got a fair cup of coffee in the NHL, anyone believe he comes back to Hamilton/Montreal next year and have a legit chance of getting a shot in the NHL if DD can't establish himself as the 3rd line guy?

I see the Habs potentially trading AK and Eller getting switched to the wing to make room for DD.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Trotter isn't ripping up the KHL and probably would have in the AHL with Patches and DD. The kid would have probably got a fair cup of coffee in the NHL, anyone believe he comes back to Hamilton/Montreal next year and have a legit chance of getting a shot in the NHL if DD can't establish himself as the 3rd line guy?

I see the Habs potentially trading AK and Eller getting switched to the wing to make room for DD.
Trotter is just more of what the Habs already have : smallish forwards

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Depends what the KHL offers him.

As far as not ripping up the KHL, I think he's doing as good as anyone expected him too. I don't think anyone expected him to go and rip up the league in his first year. He's playing 3rd line minutes and producing right around that clip.

If the KHL team offers him $1M+ and he likes the style of living in Russia, he won't be coming back to the North America without getting a 1-way contract, in my opinion.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:18 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:

Switching Eller to the wing for DD? Yeah, right!

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:24 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
If the KHL team offers him $1M+ and he likes the style of living in Russia, he won't be coming back to the North America without getting a 1-way contract, in my opinion.
Didn't he sign for like 250k? I think if he gets another contract for 250k he probably takes it. Its a lot of money.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Guilliam

Didn't he sign for 2 years?

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 06:51 AM
SakuSauce
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Didn't he sign for like 250k? I think if he gets another contract for 250k he probably takes it. Its a lot of money.
yeah you are right, 60K(ahl) vs 250K (khl)...he will stick in the KHL cauz money talks.

SakuSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:04 AM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Switching Eller to the wing for DD? Yeah, right!
Crazier things have happened. We'd save over $2mil against the cap without much of a talent downgrade.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

DD has done nothing to establish himself as a future top 6 NHLer. Until he does no way Eller gets moved to wing.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
DD has done nothing to establish himself as a future top 6 NHLer. Until he does no way Eller gets moved to wing.
An NHLer period if you ask me. A long way to go and lots of work still needed to be done, has the potential for sure but isn't there yet

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
You haven't watched much of him have you?

He's played as solid as we could ask for. He creates opportunities, he fights for the puck, he's going into the corners and he backchecks.

If he doesn't get a full-time position on the Habs he's going to get it elsewhere and I'd much rather see him succeed on our team than on any other team. But he will succeed, that's what I know.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:19 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Eller has?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
You haven't watched much of him have you?

He's played as solid as we could ask for. He creates opportunities, he fights for the puck, he's going into the corners and he backchecks.

If he doesn't get a full-time position on the Habs he's going to get it elsewhere and I'd much rather see him succeed on our team than on any other team. But he will succeed, that's what I know.
He hasn't done any more than Eller did...and Eller brings a lot more upside, plus he's bigger(5'6" vs 6'2") and younger(21 vs 24).

Old
01-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Eller has?
Eller brings more size, is younger and has a higher upside.

Old
01-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Yet Desharnais uses his size (or lack thereof) better than Eller. Weird.

Old
01-11-2011, 12:45 PM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Define "uses his size."

If you're looking for bonecrushing body checks, you're looking in the wrong place. Eller uses his size and strength extremely well, especially when protecting the puck low in the zone. That's what I've liked the most about him.

No sense in writing either of them off, there's room for both in the organization. People expecting either one of them to make a huge impact this season are off their rocker.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:29 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
DD wouldn't be a top 6, there are two centres named Gomez and Plekanec ahead of him.

Quote:
He hasn't done any more than Eller did...and Eller brings a lot more upside, plus he's bigger(5'6" vs 6'2") and younger(21 vs 24).
We are arguing to get both of these guys in the line up, skill and size...plus Eller would be better served being with skilled players even if it means playing the wing.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Huh? Not sure where you are pulling that one from. Quickness is the biggest edge that Deshanrais has on Eller.

Old
01-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
DD wouldn't be a top 6, there are two centres named Gomez and Plekanec ahead of him.

We are arguing to get both of these guys in the line up, skill and size...plus Eller would be better served being with skilled players even if it means playing the wing.
Before he challenges those guys or anybody else(on other clubs) he'll need to prove he belongs in the NHL. I'm glad the Habs are giving him an extended look, but it won't be indefinite.

I don't mind Eller playing the wing short term, but long term his position should be as a center.

Old
01-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Turboflex*

great job people, arguing about 2 rookies each with less than 40 games in the NHL. Both are works in progress. Hopefully this benching will at least teach Eller to stop taking so many stupid penalties.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
great job people, arguing about 2 rookies each with less than 40 games in the NHL. Both are works in progress. Hopefully this benching will at least teach Eller to stop taking so many stupid penalties.
You're joking, right? He has 13 minors in 38 games.

Old
01-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
You're joking, right? He has 13 minors in 38 games.
13 minors in limited ice-time. Statistically speaking, he'd probably have 10 more with the added icetime.

Old
01-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
13 minors in limited ice-time. Statistically speaking, he'd probably have 10 more with the added icetime.
So what? There are 7 guys with more PIMs than him and it has nothing to do with him sitting out.

Old
01-12-2011, 08:13 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:

Sure wish we had Trotter down in Hamilton right now to call up and send somebody down. He should have be better than Desnarhais, given that he is younger and a little bigger.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:21 AM
rigarocks

Trotter has had 10 points in his last 5 games from what I can see and now getting regular power play and about 17 mins of ice...... he is making over 300k tax free so why play for 70 k in the AHL with the odd game being called up the big club.

http://en.khl.ru/players/17060/

Last edited by rigarocks: 01-18-2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: forgot website link
rigarocks is offline   Reply With Quote