HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville - Ottawa

Old
01-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
He is on pace for what 40 points? actually, not even that. He has 19 points through 46 games. Over 70 hits and over 50 blocks for a forward. Sounds like a grinder to me. And grossly overpaid at 4.2 million for a grinder. Nashville already has one of those with Legwand.

Last year was his career high in goals at 25. Good top 6 stuff. But before that never cracked 50 points. A top six forward should be able to crack 50 points more than once before 30. Or are Ottawa's expectations for a top six forward lower than Nashville's? (and Nashville has low expectations, look at the forwards)

So what was so funny about him being a grinder?
I hate Fisher more than any Sen fan, but calling him a grinder is ridiculous. He does not play like a grinder anymore. He plays like a top 6 forward, even if its not necessarily a good one. He does not grind. He was better when he was a grinder. He scored more when he was a grinder. You absolutely missed the point. I never called Fisher a top 6 forward. If he plays like he used to, he's a sick 50 point pace guy with amazing physicality and top 5 defensive play. That was when he was a grinder. I thought I spelt it out clearly enough last time, so sorry if I'm repeating myself repeating myself.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:56 AM
token grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
I hate Fisher more than any Sen fan, but calling him a grinder is ridiculous. He does not play like a grinder anymore. He plays like a top 6 forward, even if its not necessarily a good one. He does not grind. He was better when he was a grinder. He scored more when he was a grinder. You absolutely missed the point. I never called Fisher a top 6 forward. If he plays like he used to, he's a sick 50 point pace guy with amazing physicality and top 5 defensive play. That was when he was a grinder. I thought I spelt it out clearly enough last time, so sorry if I'm repeating myself repeating myself.
so he is making 4.2 million to suck at what he does, is what you are telling me? he is a grinder trying to play a top 6 role, but is failing as a top six centerman. He should really be on a checking line, but isn't a checker, even though he has the hits a checker does. sounds like a real tradeable chip there. sounds like an overpaid grinder forced into a top six role. I don't think 19 points on the year is gonna get muchh more than a 2nd round pick, and def. not a teams 1st round pick and their top pick from the last entry draft. If that is the case, send us your first this year and your first last year (traded for rundbald, so send rundbald) for david legwand. See how silly the offer looks?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

the problem is mike fisher gets paid like an elite offensive talent and he simply isnt that at all.

is he a 45-55pt player, well if so bertuzzi makes 1 million. i would rather big bert at 1million for one year over fisher at 4.5million for the next 2-3.

is he a 3rd line grinder heart and soul kinda guy? well good lord if so, no other such players signs a 20million plus 5 year deal.

fisher to nashville for a 1st and 4th round pick maybe.

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
the problem is mike fisher gets paid like an elite offensive talent and he simply isnt that at all.

is he a 45-55pt player, well if so bertuzzi makes 1 million. i would rather big bert at 1million for one year over fisher at 4.5million for the next 2-3.

is he a 3rd line grinder heart and soul kinda guy? well good lord if so, no other such players signs a 20million plus 5 year deal.

I think he's probably a bit overpaid, but I suspect it's only by about $500,000 a year, not millions.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
I think he's probably a bit overpaid, but I suspect it's only by about $500,000 a year, not millions.
money is everything.

look at other 4-5million dollar players on 5 year deals and see the offensive upside difference.

fisher isa great heart and soul character guy no doubt, but, that dosent transcend very much when your talking millions.

at best fisher will land the sens 1 1st and mid round pick/prospect however what they really would gain is more cap flexability.

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:18 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:

His cap hit is 69th among forwards this season.

69th in scoring last season had 55 points and 69th in scoring is on pace for 55 points again this year.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
money is everything.

look at other 4-5million dollar players on 5 year deals and see the offensive upside difference.

fisher isa great heart and soul character guy no doubt, but, that dosent transcend very much when your talking millions.

at best fisher will land the sens 1 1st and mid round pick/prospect however what they really would gain is more cap flexability.
There isn't one, to be honest. I agree in principle with you, but when people did the math last summer (I was in favour of trading Fisher), it was established pretty convincingly that his numbers are par for the course (actually slightly above that) for a second line center.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
so he is making 4.2 million to suck at what he does, is what you are telling me? he is a grinder trying to play a top 6 role, but is failing as a top six centerman. He should really be on a checking line, but isn't a checker, even though he has the hits a checker does. sounds like a real tradeable chip there. sounds like an overpaid grinder forced into a top six role. I don't think 19 points on the year is gonna get muchh more than a 2nd round pick, and def. not a teams 1st round pick and their top pick from the last entry draft. If that is the case, send us your first this year and your first last year (traded for rundbald, so send rundbald) for david legwand. See how silly the offer looks?
Are you illiterate? I never said that Fisher is worth that. He's having an off year, but he has an established reputation as a decent scoring, oft hitting good defensive center. I said myself the offer was too much. Seriously, read more, it'l do you good. I'm not going to waste my time justifying what someone else said that I disagree with as well.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Are you illiterate? I never said that Fisher is worth that. He's having an off year, but he has an established reputation as a decent scoring, oft hitting good defensive center. I said myself the offer was too much. Seriously, read more, it'l do you good. I'm not going to waste my time justifying what someone else said that I disagree with as well.
apologies. thought you were defending the mindless drivel of an offer.

however, what is bolded is a grinder...

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote