Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2011, 02:51 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
I'm curious about the bolded part. I saw someone else mention this in the thread on the trade board. This is the first I've heard about Eager being a problem in the locker room. Is there some evidence to support this claim? I'm not trying to call you out, just curious.
It's speculation/rumor than anything. This is from Rawhide's Blog a few weeks back:

Quote:
A few weeks back, someone close to the organization clued me in that Ben Eager has not made a lot of friends in the Thrashers locker room. After his actions Friday night I don’t think he’s won over many more. As the good coach said, you want hard-nosed, gritty players…players that are even willing to drop the mitts in defense of a teammate who may have been treated unkindly by an opponent. But you don’t need someone who will put you in the kind of spot Eager did by losing governance of his sense and reasoning.
http://blogs.ajc.com/iceman-thrasher...thrasherville/

Old
01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
It's speculation/rumor than anything.
For now, sure. I doubt anyone is going to ask "was Eager a cancer?" I also doubt any teammate would respond with "HELL YES HE WAS." However, if you go back and look at some of the on-ice reactions from the players, you could tell something wasn't right between them and Eager. The two players here who knew him best often had some of the most obvious reactions on-ice to Eager's shenanigans.

If he wasn't a full out cancer, he was a problem at the slightest.

Old
01-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Psyfer
Thrashers forever

Called that happening he wrote his ticket after that game against TO.

Old
01-18-2011, 09:17 PM
fatschoonerrat

You need those extra draft picks to help sweeten future trades. This won't be the last trade this year. Nor are we going to sell the stable to land a fancy horse.

Closed Thread