HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Wigge Article

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2004, 12:53 AM
guitaraholic*

vCash: 500
Interesting Wigge Article

-- Blues have a lot of interest in Dubnyk.

-- Pleau has been talking to a lot of teams about trades. Wants to replenish the teams offensive depth.

-- Pleau feels Aaron Mackenzie, Trevor Byrne and Mike Stuart will ALL be NHLers some day, therefore Belle was part of a 'surplus' of defensive prospects.

-- Alexei Shkotov has turned pro.

Old
06-26-2004, 07:35 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wigge
Pleau also indicated that the Blues also consider former draft choices Konstantin Barulin and Tuomas Nissinen comers in the organization. However, the team has tried to get them over to North America and been turned down.
Considering what Barulin had to deal with from his management last year and what we've heard about Barulin being very motivated in becoming an NHL goaltender, I find this news quite surprising.... pretty much tells me that Pleau is lowballing them.

Not that that's a new thing or anything.

Quote:
Some pundits predict that the Blues are very high on Devan Dubnyk from Calgary of the Western Hockey League.
Wigge typically knows what he's talking about, but I have to wonder what pundits he's referring to.

Quote:
Pleau also announced that right winger Alexei Shkotov, who was the team’s top draft choice in 2002 (a second rounder) played in the Quebec Major Junior League last season, would be turning pro.
That's just odd thing to report. Why not report DJ King too?

Old
06-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stich
Considering what Barulin had to deal with from his management last year and what we've heard about Barulin being very motivated in becoming an NHL goaltender, I find this news quite surprising.... pretty much tells me that Pleau is lowballing them.
That accusation seems to come up a lot, from a lot of different people.

If it's true -- and the circumstantial evidence seems to point that way -- then maybe it really is time to kick LP upstairs (or out the door) and turn over the GM duties to Jarmo Kekalainen.

If the Blues consider Barulin and Nissinen "comers," but they're "turning down" offers to come over and play here, there's a disconnect somewhere. If they're "comers" in the organization, then why not offer them a decent salary? I seem to recall the same thing happening with Cajanek; he eventually came over, but it was a year after he should have been here.

Barulin and Nissinen won't become NHL goalies by playing in Russia and Finland, no matter how good the competition is in their respective leagues... they need to be over here playing in the Blues' system, against the other developing pros, in order to reach their full NHL potential.

B.

Old
06-26-2004, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Weidler
That accusation seems to come up a lot, from a lot of different people.
I've heard that from a few different IceCats too...

Closed Thread