HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gomez not a fan of Subban?

Old
01-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Hahahaha oh my god this "CHECK OUT THE 36 SECOND MARK" has become the most ridiculous Habs non-story in the past ten years.

This make's the whole "Hossa's gloves" thing look like Watergate in comparison.
lol wow, calm down

people are allowed to speculate whatever they want

even the media picked up on it, so people are entitled to think something of it

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I dont know why some people wanna close their eyes on something looking obvious.. I guess they prefer to think everything goes right in this world..

If you really watched the video, its obvious Subban is trying to get to Gomez and Gomer turned down to Subban, while Subban doesnt look confortable with the situation..

I dont think Gomer is so used to win hockey games that he would fly this way in the locker room, not taking the time to touch gloves with the one who scored the GWG... If so, I would say that he just dont care and then we have a real problem..
Even if you want to say there is something there, how is it remotely a story?
So what if Gomez was pissed because PK didn't jump in his arms right away when he approached him?..
Maybe they were eating breakfast together this morning. Who cares.
I want to punch my friend in the face at times when we argue because he's so darn stubborn and it takes over his logic, but 2min later we're laughing together.
Gomez went to celebrate with PK. PK was busy doing his celebration and zoomed by Gomez. So it annoyed Gomez at the time, perhaps. Awright, so what?
This is news worthy?
Are we supposed to think all 23 men get along 100% of the time and never do a thing that annoy each other?

Geez, Imagine he would have pulled a Fleury..

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM
phoque taupe

vCash: 152
Quote:
I dont know why some people wanna close their eyes on something looking obvious..
to me it seems Gomez just made some attitude to PK coz he didnt thank him for the pass before celebrating

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Galchenkel

Send a message via MSN to Galchenkel
Quote:
I dont know why some people wanna close their eyes on something looking obvious.. I guess they prefer to think everything goes right in this world..

If you really watched the video, its obvious Subban is trying to get to Gomez and Gomer turned down to Subban, while Subban doesnt look confortable with the situation..

I dont think Gomer is so used to win hockey games that he would fly this way in the locker room, not taking the time to touch gloves with the one who scored the GWG... If so, I would say that he just dont care and then we have a real problem..

Finally a clever answer from someone who took the time to read my posts. Strangely this same person is an old timer on HF. This board is now victim of it's own success. So many no brainer posts these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
nothing here folks

thank hf for thread ignore !!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Hahahaha oh my god this "CHECK OUT THE 36 SECOND MARK" has become the most ridiculous Habs non-story in the past ten years.

This make's the whole "Hossa's gloves" thing look like Watergate in comparison.

Take some time to read everybody's point before posting dumb answer. You don't need hundreds of thousands post to gain credibility.

Galchenkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

I don't think it is ludicrous by any means to think Gomez was angered by Subban's move. After all, he made a great play to put Subban in the position to shoot and didn't deserve to be shut down by Subban's showboat. It does look like Gomer gave PK the cold shoulder when he went to celebrate with him after.

HOWEVER, he's a grown man. He might have been pissed for the 15 minutes afterwards and probably told PK what he thought. That's where it ends.

Like many others have pointed, sometimes your friends get on your nerves. Still, you know better than to go crazy and mess up the friendship. Same thing here.

BTW, R.I.P. to the "Eller not a fan of Subban?" and "Price not a fan of Subban?" threads. As ridiculous as they were, this one is not much better.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Jedrik

Now I'm just thinking about which userame here belomgs to this Mathias Brunet character.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Garner View Post
Finally a clever answer from someone who took the time to read my posts. Strangely this same person is an old timer on HF. This board is now victim of it's own success. So many no brainer posts these days.

Take some time to read everybody's point before posting dumb answer. You don't need hundreds of thousands post to gain credibility.
Or maybe most people on a hockey forum like hockey as opposed to reality tv shows and soap operas

Even IF Gomez was mad. Ok he was mad, now what?

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
I dont care what Gomez think ... I just want PK to stay PK ... Gomez can get the **** out if he dont like him.
+1 well said

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

This topic is a no-brainer, as it's already been discussed to death in the PGT. Forgive us for not acting like you or Brunet split the atom with this astonishing revelation.

Not to mention the fact that, at the end of the day, people are still trying to analyze players' attitudes, feelings, and relationships based off a 3 second "heat of the moment" Youtube clip. Give me a freaking break.

If you can't understand why this discussion is so patently absurd, it's not even worth explaining.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Or maybe most people on a hockey forum like hockey as opposed to reality tv shows and soap operas

Even IF Gomez was mad. Ok he was mad, now what?
Exactly...even IF this is all true. So freakin' what?!!!

Do people honestly believe players on team get along everyday? Do people here get along with their co-workers everyday? their friends, hell even family?

Who the hell cares!

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Flylotus

Quote:

The problem isn't closing the eyes on something obvious, it's using it as fastfood for the masses that actually crave on such petty overblown lockerroom dramas. I love Mathias Brunet's blog, he's one of the few journalists out there that are actually providing something more with their analysis and knowledge, but this is very corny and low.

He scored many commentaries on this one, and I think he might have regretted it a bit, cause he went and posted the wildwest celebration pretty quickly afterwards.

Bah, for the record, I enjoyed PK's reaction as most of the fans, but even if there is something to the way we see Gomez going away from him, its effect on the team's mood probably faded minutes after the game. And if not, Gomez is gonna have to swallow his pride anyhow, and he will, as any member of a team must do on a daily basis when there's a shared objective.

Man do we strive on that kind of reality show bull****... this is TVhebdo stuff.

Flylotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Galchenkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
I don't think it is ludicrous by any means to think Gomez was angered by Subban's move. After all, he made a great play to put Subban in the position to shoot and didn't deserve to be shut down by Subban's showboat. It does look like Gomer gave PK the cold shoulder when he went to celebrate with him after.

HOWEVER, he's a grown man. He might have been pissed for the 15 minutes afterwards and probably told PK what he thought. That's where it ends.

Like many others have pointed, sometimes your friends get on your nerves. Still, you know better than to go crazy and mess up the friendship. Same thing here.

BTW, R.I.P. to the "Eller not a fan of Subban?" and "Price not a fan of Subban?" threads. As ridiculous as they were, this one is not much better.
Glad to see that you have a high sense of pragmatism. So you can go beyond the simplicity of human relations to raise the reflcetion to a higher level which will bring you to the conclusion that is yours.

But for those who think that relationships between players is among the numerous keys of success, maybe they won't find ridiculous to notice that their No 1/2 center may not be high on our most promising prospect in years.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Coldplay
Courage

I think you guys are overanalyzing things just a teensy weeny bit.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Gomez <3

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Erik Estrada

Probably happy with the goal, not happy with the celebration... I hope PK stays himself and doesn't change a thing.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Glad to see that you have a high sense of pragmatism. So you can go beyond the simplicity of human relations to raise the reflcetion to a higher level which will bring you to the conclusion that is yours.

But for those who think that relationships between players is among the numerous keys of success, maybe they won't find ridiculous to notice that their No 1/2 center may not be high on our most promising prospect in years.

Dude, it's not that serious.

Just because Gomez didn't like PK's celebration doesn't mean he "may not be high" on him. It just means that he was annoyed that Subban didn't go to him to celebrate, end of the story. There's nothing else to be said about this. It doesn't mean he hates Subban, that's the conclusion you came to.

There's nothing else besides this "incident" that indicates that Gomez has a problem with Subban. In that light, I believe that my conclusion is way more logical than yours. This is a non-story, however pragmatical that opinion way seem to you.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:27 PM
hockey8888

damn...PK should jump into Gomez' arms & give him a french kiss.
May be we can a PK-Rama TV series or something
I never thought hockey was this much fun with the habs + this PK kid

hockey8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Galchenkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post

Dude, it's not that serious.

Just because Gomez didn't like PK's celebration doesn't mean he "may not be high" on him. It just means that he was annoyed that Subban didn't go to him to celebrate, end of the story. There's nothing else to be said about this. It doesn't mean he hates Subban, that's the conclusion you came to.

There's nothing else besides this "incident" that indicates that Gomez has a problem with Subban. In that light, I believe that my conclusion is way more logical than yours. This is a non-story, however pragmatical that opinion way seem to you.
I don't know if it's that serious. Neither do you. But if you look at Subban's reaction it clearly appears like he was expecting it.

With this thread I was just looking for your thoughts on the scene. As far as I know no one here has a dregree in "behaviorism" so we won't find any precise answer.

But if this episode had to hide a deeper trouble between the two, it could have it's part of importance.

Damn. How can you guys think your science is so exact that you can despise any divergent opinion?

Old
01-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Was surprised to read that comment by Brunet. From the clips he linked to, I thought he was reaching. He usually has higher standards than this. To me there was nothing offensive or suspicious about Gomez' reaction.
Yeah, but with Koivu back in town im not sure many people like Gomez right now....

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Also makes me laugh that some people think teamates have to be in quasi love with each other for the team to have success.
Yes I agree......How many people in any other workplace hug each other at the water cooler or are all friendly. Most people that work together usually just tolerate one another in order to get the job done. I believe to a certain extent pro sports are the same way, some people click and some people don't. I am not saying that Gomez likes or dislikes Subban and nor do I care, I just want them to do their job and win hockey games, we are in a playoff race not a soap opera.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Uber Coca

So is this how the journalism works nowadays?

Player X scores an overtime goal + Player Y doesn't seem to happy about it = Therefor player Y is pissed at player X.

But why is he pissed? We, journalists, ''know'' that Subban has a bad attitude, therefor it must be because of it. There, we have it!

As a passionate hockey fan I can't stand this anymore.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I don't care for Gomez or how he feels and this sums it up:

Gomez will be gone and forgotten in a few years and Subban will be the first Hab in a long time to win the Norris trophy.

+

Subban is here to stay and I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez is traded or bought out sooner than later.
This is what really pisses me off... stop overrating the kid and put so much pressure on him... right now, there's a dozen better as yound defencemen in the league that have more chances to win the Norris than him, please stop it.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:40 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flylotus View Post
The problem isn't closing the eyes on something obvious, it's using it as fastfood for the masses that actually crave on such petty overblown lockerroom dramas. I love Mathias Brunet's blog, he's one of the few journalists out there that are actually providing something more with their analysis and knowledge, but this is very corny and low.

He scored many commentaries on this one, and I think he might have regretted it a bit, cause he went and posted the wildwest celebration pretty quickly afterwards.

Bah, for the record, I enjoyed PK's reaction as most of the fans, but even if there is something to the way we see Gomez going away from him, its effect on the team's mood probably faded minutes after the game. And if not, Gomez is gonna have to swallow his pride anyhow, and he will, as any member of a team must do on a daily basis when there's a shared objective.

Man do we strive on that kind of reality show bull****... this is TVhebdo stuff.
Mathias Brunet pointed out a situation, that video could be watched on NHL.com where alot of people could see what happened, so he reported it, nothing wrong here... Brunet is also the one who reported Kovalev's comments given to a russian journalist some years ago.. Personally I dont think its being low journalism, he just reports what I think should be knew by everyone, sometimes there is nothing better than the thruth becoming public so that things change.. The proof, Kovalev came back with something to prove and had without a doubt his best season after that famous summer.. Thats the only year where we saw him skate, giving a more consistent effort and using his linemates better...

And just in case Gomez is still irritated about Subban's celebration, he knows pretty well the fans are all behind Subban...

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 01-18-2011 at 03:45 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Leo Getz

I was hoping there was going to be a "Subban not a fan of Subban?" Thread.

You all let me down.

Leo Getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Jigger77

Stay tuned tonight for the riveting part 2 of "does he love him, does he not, the PK Subban vs Scott Gomez Saga! (oh and there will be a hockey game too for those who like that)

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote