HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bogosian for Hemsky

Old
01-18-2011, 03:17 PM
woody

vCash: 500
Bogosian for Hemsky

How about Bogosian for Hemsky

Atlanta is in 8th place and would add 1st line winger who is signed for 1 more year. Edmonton could also add another contract to make the money work.

woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Retsmra2010*

Right now, the value isn't there for Edmonton IMO. You want Hemsky, be prepared to give up Kane.

Retsmra2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Ross Rhea
Nathan Flomm

not enough coming back for bogo. add mps.

Ross Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:20 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsmra2010 View Post
Right now, the value isn't there for Edmonton IMO. You want Hemsky, be prepared to give up Kane.
Overpayment by thrashers.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:20 PM
oilinblood

Bogosian + Stewart

Hemsky will re-sign in edmonton. He is excited about the rebuild.

is bogo a shutdown d? -12 says no
is bogo an offensive d? 8pts says LMAO.
is bogo mediocre at best? Yes. a MAJOR project.
does he have his right shot working for him? thats the only reason hed get any interest.

An RHD with size and potential but results so far are negative. Definently not showing what his draft position forcasted.

Last edited by oilinblood: 01-18-2011 at 03:26 PM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
Hmmmmm...Edmonton's best winger for Atlanta's worst Dman. Why am I not excited about this.

PS> I wouldn't give you MPS"s jock strap for Bogosian.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
Oh wow.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:22 PM
LucicTrain*

seems fair to me, though both sides will try to say they arent giving up enough

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Other then his draft position give me 1 reason why Bogosian should get a young PPG winger? He's terrible.

Old
Retsmra2010*

Quote:
Why? It's fair value a better player now for a good player now that you hope becomes at least as valuable as hemskey.

also, LOL at not enough for Bogosian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russians View Post
seems fair to me, though both sides will try to say they arent giving up enough
I'm not a fan of either team and while I wouldn't laugh at Edmonton if they made the trade I'd suggest they could have earned a far better return, say something closer to a sure thing.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:27 PM
woody

I think its mades sense for both team right now and the future.

Oilers get d-man who might not be playing well today but could be a building block of their future. The Oilers also do not have any blue chip d-men in the org.

Atlanta gets help and adds I player today that will help them now and possible the future. Altanta has lots of money tried up on their d-men and might have to move one.

woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Ricky Bobby

Hmmm. A 27 year old forward who has only played one full season that can be a UFA after next season and is not likely to resigned in Atlanta vs. a 20 year old Dman who has averaged over 20 minutes a game with top 2 potential that you hold the rights to for at least 4 years.

As a fan of neither team Atlanta laughs at this one.

Atlanta needs an upgrade more at the center position than at winger anyways with Ladd, Kane, Cormier, Bergfors and Antropov (spending most of his time at the wing) already in there system. Ideally they could get somebody to upgrade over Peverley at the center ice position.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Retsmra2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post

As a fan of neither team, I suggest you watch hemsky.

As a fan of neither team, the overrating of prospects is hilarious if not illuminating.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Why? It's fair value a better player now for a good player now that you hope becomes at least as valuable as hemskey.

also, LOL at not enough for Bogosian.

I'm not a fan of either team and while I wouldn't laugh at Edmonton if they made the trade I'd suggest they could have earned a far better return, say something closer to a sure thing.
Well that's the thing with prospects, they have the potential to be just as good.

How would you feel if Hall or Eberle were traded for Nik Antropov?

Old
01-18-2011, 03:30 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Hmmm. A 27 year old forward who has only played one full season that can be a UFA after next season and is not likely to resigned in Atlanta vs. a 20 year old Dman who has averaged over 20 minutes a game with top 2 potential that you hold the rights to for at least 4 years.

I have the potential to win the lottery too. Doesn't mean i'm going to sell everything i own for at ticket. If Bogosian hits his ultimate upside he's worth a Hemsky. As of right now he's not 1 or 2 Dman. He's not a 3 or 4 dman. We have a rookie who has played 7 games who is playing much better then Bogosian.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSean View Post
I have the potential to win the lottery too. Doesn't mean i'm going to sell everything i own for at ticket. If Bogosian hits his ultimate upside he's worth a Hemsky. As of right now he's not 1 or 2 Dman. He's not a 3 or 4 dman. We have a rookie who has played 7 games who is playing much better then Bogosian.
same thing can be said with hall and eberle, let's trade them for injury prone wingers.

Old
Retsmra2010*

Quote:
Well that's the thing with prospects, they have the potential to be just as good.

How would you feel if Hall or Eberle were traded for Nik Antropov?
Well, as a Leafs fan, I'd lmfao at that trade. Antropov isn't even in the same ballpark as Hemsky. Secondly, you've thrown a scenario at me where the prospects are better than the one in question and the player being return is worse.

Let me do the same to you: How would you feel if Brayden Schenn were traded for Sidney Crosby?

The point I'm making here is that you can't throw out a different scenario when these things need to be taken on an individual basis.

Are prospects really this overrated? Draft position = automatic star or?

Old
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
I think its mades sense for both team right now and the future.

Oilers get d-man who might not be playing well today but could be a building block of their future. The Oilers also do not have any blue chip d-men in the org.

Atlanta gets help and adds I player today that will help them now and possible the future. Altanta has lots of money tried up on their d-men and might have to move one.
BS
Marincin, Plante, Petry, and Peckham plus the vets that will be staying in Smid and Whitney...

then we draft Larsson this year.

I also believe management will let kids go to a and not nhl next year. we will get cheap useless UFAs and grab one last lotto pick while our prospects play together in OKC preparing for 2012-13. In 2012-13 we will ice the team we plan to have... thats after 3 top 3 picks in a row.
Hemsky will be on his new contract. Penner might still be here. And Khabi will be on his last year with Dubs and Roy awaiting.
We arent in need of ANYTHING. We even have centre covered thru Lander Pitlick and VV. good try. No lackings or needs here.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Retsmra2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
BS
Marincin, Plante, Petry, and Peckham plus the vets that will be staying in Smid and Whitney...

then we draft Larsson this year.

We arent in need of ANYTHING. We even have centre covered thru Lander Pitlick and VV. good try. No lackings or needs here.
Pechkam's probably not a blue chipper. He's Exelby before the injury.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:35 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
same thing can be said with hall and eberle, let's trade them for injury prone wingers.
Hall and Eberle are two of our Teams top scorers. It's not really the same thing as a player drafted 3 years ago playing like total Sh%^

Old
01-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Magnus Fulgur

It's not going to happen, but Atlanta would be in some good shape with Hemsky. Bogosian's been horrible (and constantly injured) over the past two seasons.

With Zach it's not "oh, let's see if he can develop" it's more "what the heck is wrong with this guy mentally and physically and why can't he even do the fundamentals"?

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Well, as a Leafs fan, I'd lmfao at that trade. Antropov isn't even in the same ballpark as Hemsky. Secondly, you've thrown a scenario at me where the prospects are better than the one in question and the player being return is worse.

Let me do the same to you: How would you feel if Brayden Schenn were traded for Sidney Crosby?

The point I'm making here is that you can't throw out a different scenario when these things need to be taken on an individual basis.

Are prospects really this overrated? Draft position = automatic star or?
antropov is 6"6' center who had close to 70 pnts last year. Kane arguably has more or equal the value of Eberle.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:40 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Hall and Eberle are two of our Teams top scorers. It's not really the same thing as a player drafted 3 years ago playing like total Sh%^
so was sam gagner.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Right now he actually is the # 4 dman in ice time on the season in Atlanta as a 20 YEAR OLD. So he absolutely does have the potential to be a top 2 dman on a team in the future.

I know it is hard for people to understand but Hemsky is a UFA after next season with no loyalty to Atlanta. Atlanta is a small market team that can't spend to the cap and would be outbid for his services.

And people expect Atlanta to give up a very good young player with even higher upside playing a position that takes a while to learn who they can retain his rights for 4 years after this year for a forward who is injury prone and they will only get one year out of him after this year. Not a chance it will ever happen!

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
so was sam gagner.
# of players drafted in 2007 with more points then Sam Gagner = 1

So Sammy is doing better then 99% of his draft class....I think i'm ok with that.