HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bogosian for Hemsky

Old
01-18-2011, 04:45 PM
HemskyToHall*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSean View Post
# of players drafted in 2007 with more points then Sam Gagner = 1

So Sammy is doing better then 99% of his draft class....I think i'm ok with that.
Couture, Subban, etc.

But this is getting off topic and derailing this thread.

I say Atlanta adds to the original deal, but no way do they trade Kane for Hemsky.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:46 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsmra2010 View Post
Pechkam's probably not a blue chipper. He's Exelby before the injury.
although i would agree he is not a blue chipper... lets take alook at numbers

peckhams rookie season this year... on 29th place edmonton
41 gp 2g 5a 7pts -4 on the worst defensive team in the league at 19:13 a game

bogosian
1st year decent team
81gp 10g 13a 23pts -18
2nd year playoff team
39gp 3g 5a 8pts -12

LOL.

Now i wouldnt even trade Cogs for that. the only reason he even gets a look is because he is a right shot...but we have gilbert petry and plante. next larsson.

oilinblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Retsmra2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
antropov is 6"6' center who had close to 70 pnts last year. Kane arguably has more or equal the value of Eberle.
Or you could put it into context and see that Antro did it once and did it with Kovalchuk as his linemate.....comparing Antropov to Hemsky is laughable.

hemsky does it often enough without linemates of note.

Retsmra2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Retsmra2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post

I say Atlanta adds to the original deal, but no way do they trade Kane for Hemsky.
You're right they don't but I'd say that's fair value right now.

Old
01-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
although i would agree he is not a blue chipper... lets take alook at numbers

peckhams rookie season this year... on 29th place edmonton
41 gp 2g 5a 7pts -4 on the worst defensive team in the league at 19:13 a game

bogosian
1st year decent team
81gp 10g 13a 23pts -18
2nd year playoff team
39gp 3g 5a 8pts -12

LOL.

Now i wouldnt even trade Cogs for that. the only reason he even gets a look is because he is a right shot...but we have gilbert petry and plante. next larsson.
Or you could compare him To schenn in tor they were drafted same year

Schenn gp 193 G 9 A31 40 -13
Bogo gp 167 g22 a28 50 - 18

He maybe having a bad season but is 20 years old and playing behind Buf and Enstrom but he is far from being a bust

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Horrible horrible deal for atlanta, Hemsky is a free agent in one year, Bogosian is controllable for 4 years.

I wouldnt even consider this as the Thrashers

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Retsmra2010*

Quote:

He maybe having a bad season but is 20 years old and playing behind Buf and Enstrom but he is far from being a bust
I don't think anyone is suggesting he's a bust.

That said, you can't compare Schenn and Bogosian without understanding that offense is not Schenn's game.

You want to equalize it, compare him to Doughty.

Old
01-18-2011, 05:01 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilsburnsclean View Post

bogos numbers are nearly identical this year to last defensively and offensively hes dove. I dont expect much from Bogos career.

Pecks is the nastiest defender we have, he hits, fights, yaps, backs it up, scores, logs minutes and for a green rook he looks better than most of our vets AND to alot of oiler fans has been the best rookie out of the 5 rookies we have played.

Pecks also has a screw loose. when avery suckered smid, pecks reminded me of Stevens when tucker/domi elbowcharged Nieds and Stevens was practically ripping the penalty box doors down trying to get out.
I like that

Old
01-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:

That said, you can't compare Schenn and Bogosian without understanding that offense is not Schenn's game.

Why compare him 2 Doughty Bogo has averged 10 goals and 25 points prorated first 2 seasons for a dman and thats at 19 and 20 years of age he was taken 3rd overall for a reason and his first season alot of people in Hf were saying he was going to be better than Doughty. Bogo still has good Value

Old
01-18-2011, 05:09 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Why compare him 2 Doughty Bogo has averged 10 goals and 25 points prorated first 2 seasons for a dman and thats at 19 and 20 years of age he was taken 3rd overall for a reason and his first season alot of people in Hf were saying he was going to be better than Doughty. Bogo still has good Value
doughty and bogosian were almost ranked equal in their draft seasons.

imagine atlanta with doughty, enstrom, buff, set on the blue line for the next decade.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:

Then by the same token you have to compare Hemsky to Ovechkin, and with Hemskys numerous injuries, its just as foolish a comparison.

Some Edmonton fans are so clueless about Hemsky. The fact is the only reason youre offering him around is in order to keep him you have to pay him top dollar, next year and you dont want to tie up that much money when you have Hall Eberle MPS and all your talented kids to pay and give ice time to.

Hemsky is a rental for anyone else, and his value must be adjusted accordingly

Old
01-18-2011, 05:13 PM
GDU

as an oiler fan i can honestly say that i am pretty intrigued by bogosian, he has always looked good to me, but is obviously having a tough year...

that being said, hemsky is an established talent in this league, yes he's injury prone, but he also produces, bogosian would be a good pickup for the oil, but he's not enough at this point to get hemsky straight up, atlanta would have to add... albeit prob not much

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
Then by the same token you have to compare Hemsky to Ovechkin, and with Hemskys numerous injuries, its just as foolish a comparison.

Some Edmonton fans are so clueless about Hemsky. The fact is the only reason youre offering him around is in order to keep him you have to pay him top dollar, next year and you dont want to tie up that much money when you have Hall Eberle MPS and all your talented kids to pay and give ice time to.

a 1.5 yr rental with negotiation rights.
and seeing as Katz (billionaire owner) and Hemmer are buddies texting eachother... im sure a deal can be worked out that fits the needs of the cap situation. Hemsky might get a gift of a house or something. Friends give gifts... christmas etc. Not a worry in the world. Plus Katz has i heard 15-20 estates thru out the world for Hemmer to use. Meh. concerns are nil.
Im not even a hemsky fan but to think the team would ever be ruled by the cap from now on is the thinking of people that dont know Katz.

Atlanta will be moved to St John or saskatoon or something and the oilers will be ready to go with Petry and Peckham and Marincin and Larsson joining Smid and Whit.
*yawn*

Old
01-18-2011, 05:17 PM
BattleGuy

vCash: 50
Quote:

This is so false is hilarious. Why compare Hemsky to Ovechkin? Ovechkin was projected to be a superstar talent and he it's. Hemsky was projected to be a top line player and he is. Doughty was projected to be a franchise dman and he is. Bogosian was projected to be a franchise dman and he's little better then a pylon. I'm afraid the tool he is missing is brains. And you can't fix stupid.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:20 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
This is so false is hilarious. Why compare Hemsky to Ovechkin? Ovechkin was projected to be a superstar talent and he it's. Hemsky was projected to be a top line player and he is. Doughty was projected to be a franchise dman and he is. Bogosian was projected to be a franchise dman and he's little better then a pylon. I'm afraid the tool he is missing is brains. And you can't fix stupid.
lmao
i was big on bogosian when he was drafted but playing in the weakest division in the league still cant help this guys numbers.

Old
01-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
bogos numbers are nearly identical this year to last defensively and offensively hes dove. I dont expect much from Bogos career.

Pecks is the nastiest defender we have, he hits, fights, yaps, backs it up, scores, logs minutes and for a green rook he looks better than most of our vets AND to alot of oiler fans has been the best rookie out of the 5 rookies we have played.

Pecks also has a screw loose. when avery suckered smid, pecks reminded me of Stevens when tucker/domi elbowcharged Nieds and Stevens was practically ripping the penalty box doors down trying to get out.
I like that
Was Buff on the team last year is he getting first pp oppurtunity's he did last year look at the whole pic and not just stats His Numbers are declining because he is not getting the offensive time he did in his first 2 years he is 20 with tons of offensive upside left

Old
01-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
bogosian wasnt projected to be Doughty. Hemsky is a good player, but then so is Bogosian,

you just dont give up those type of players for a rental. Bogosian for MPS or Eberle, sure that makes sense, but Hemsky or Penner, no way, its terrible asset management

As I said horrible deal. Dudley would deserve to be fired for that

Old
01-18-2011, 05:40 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
bogosian wasnt projected to be Doughty. Hemsky is a good player, but then so is Bogosian,

you just dont give up those type of players for a rental. Bogosian for MPS or Eberle, sure that makes sense, but Hemsky or Penner, no way, its terrible asset management

As I said horrible deal. Dudley would deserve to be fired for that
Its not worth talking about. Hemmer will re-sign with the oil for another discounted contract and he will have an estate in italy waiting for him...as a christmas gift. meh. We stack our ahl team next year with; Larsson, Lander, pitlick, roy, marincin, Omark, etc etc etc, sign worthless guys again like Foster and Fraser Vandermeer for the NHL etc and get another top 3 pick. Then we ice whos ready in 2012-13. MAke a big move for it in 2013-14 and open the new arena in 2014-15 with a cup winning season. YAY!

Last edited by btn: 01-18-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: OT
Old
01-18-2011, 05:54 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Right now, the value isn't there for Edmonton IMO. You want Hemsky, be prepared to give up Kane.
Fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
not enough coming back for bogo. add mps.
Ummm, I don't know about that. Not much better then wanting to add Kane to the proposal

Quote:
Why? It's fair value a better player now for a good player now that you hope becomes at least as valuable as hemskey.
I really hope your not talking about Kane, because I feel bad for you if you are.

Quote:
As a fan of neither team, I suggest you watch hemsky.

As a fan of neither team, the overrating of prospects is hilarious if not illuminating.
And I suggest you watch Kane.

Quote:

Was Buff on the team last year is he getting first pp oppurtunity's he did last year look at the whole pic and not just stats His Numbers are declining because he is not getting the offensive time he did in his first 2 years he is 20 with tons of offensive upside left
Hey look! A sensible Oilers fan. Good to see. And yeah, Bogo is barely getting any PP time this year thanks to Buff.

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:59 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Fail.

Ummm, I don't know about that. Not much better then wanting to add Kane to the proposal

I really hope your not talking about Kane, because I feel bad for you if you are.

And I suggest you watch Kane.

Hey look! A sensible Oilers fan. Good to see. And yeah, Bogo is barely getting any PP time this year thanks to Buff.
I don't know why you are scoffing at Hemsky for Kane, it is quite common for star players to be moved for young guys with potential. Kane would be a heavy price, but that's what the Oil would need to move Hemsky. End of story.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:09 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I don't know why you are scoffing at Hemsky for Kane, it is quite common for star players to be moved for young guys with potential. Kane would be a heavy price, but that's what the Oil would need to move Hemsky. End of story.
Kane would fetch Hemsky+. Maybe not a lot, but Hemsky alone would not do it.

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:10 PM
oilinblood

No team gives up a known commodity for potential unless they dont figure that known commodity to fit the plans. Hemsky is on board for the rebuild. he will resign at a discount and katz will give him 1 of his 20 estates in the world as a christmas gift.

done and done.

Old
01-18-2011, 06:13 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Right now, the value isn't there for Edmonton IMO. You want Hemsky, be prepared to give up Kane.
Have you had your temperature taken lately? That gibberish you just coughed up made absolutely no sense.

Hemsky is injury prone and only has 1 year left on his contract before he goes UFA.

Bogosian is a young star d-man in the making. At worst he's going to end up with a skill set of a damn good #2 d-man.

If anything, Edmonton needs to add something like Petry or Omark to make this deal fair.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
it may be what edmonton would need but it certainly isnt close Value wise.

as much as you dont want to admit it contract status and renumeration affect value, I wouldnt give Kane for Hemsky and Penner, let alone separately.

you wouldnt trade Hall for Iginla would you? until you consider cost and control and the effect on value, there is no way you'll be even close

Old
01-18-2011, 06:21 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
it may be what edmonton would need but it certainly isnt close Value wise.

as much as you dont want to admit it contract status and renumeration affect value, I wouldnt give Kane for Hemsky and Penner, let alone separately.

you wouldnt trade Hall for Iginla would you? until you consider cost and control and the effect on value, there is no way you'll be even close
if iginla was in his prime years i wouldnt hesitate...other than the fact we arent competing for a playoff spot and therefor not on that time line. Heck we still have one more dropped year in the plans to let our prospects develop together and draft more lotto picks.

apples to oranges
hemsky 27 in prime
iginla 33

6 years ago if im not rebuilding i make that trade.