HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wisnewski wants to stay in Montreal

Old
01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
I don't really care how much we give him. Markov, if re-signed, will not get more money, and Hamrlik contract will be off the book. Georges will get what Gill will leave in term of cap space. So all in all, it shouldn't cost us more money than right now.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man what is wrong with this fanbase? A player says something nice about our city and some of you can only think otherwise. So what if its UFA "mumbo-jumbo", it's nice to hear a player wants to play here. We all know its cliché, but I'll take it.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:45 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
One thing is clear.. Trade for Saku!
That's the first thing that poped out of this article. Great words from Saku... I hope fans will show their gratitude towards him.

As for Wiz... come on people Streit got 4,1mil playing on the 4th line and Souray 5,4mil for being a cone.

If anything, he'll get 4+ years around 5mil/year.

I'd still sign him at that price...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:52 AM
QuietReign

He'll get somewhere between 3.5 and 4 mill for like 3-4 years ... at best...

QuietReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietReign View Post
He'll get somewhere between 3.5 and 4 mill for like 3-4 years ... at best...
yeah right... on which planet??

Some fans are ridiculous in how they lowball UFAs in spite of years of similar quality UFA D men getting more than 3.5 to 4 mill.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Anything over 3.5 is too much.
Mike Komisarek

last year in montreal 66 games played, 2 goals, 9 assists, 11 points

got him a 4.5 million a year contract

first year of contract 34 games played, 0 goals, 4 assists 4 pts

this year 41 games 1 goal, 8 assists, 9 points

James Wisniewski 10 games played as a hab, 2 goals, 8 assists, 10 points

your DREAMING if you dont think hell get 4 or close to 4

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:16 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

watching l'antichambre right now. I know I know, I should'nt lol. But anyways, they are talking about how Wiz is a steal so far and I agree with them. They are also saying something in the lines of that he could be hard to sign and it's the reason he changed teams alot chicago - anaheim - NYI while he's only 25 yet really talented. I know he's not amazing defensively but gee, why would neither of those team kept him. Is it cuz of money? BTW I would totally offer this guy a multi-year contract averaging 4-4.5 per

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
watching l'antichambre right now. I know I know, I should'nt lol. But anyways, they are talking about how Wiz is a steal so far and I agree with them. They are also saying something in the lines of that he could be hard to sign and it's the reason he changed teams alot chicago - anaheim - NYI while he's only 25 yet really talented. I know he's not amazing defensively but gee, why would neither of those team kept him. Is it cuz of money? BTW I would totally offer this guy a multi-year contract averaging 4-4.5 per
Money is why he left Anaheim. He took them to arbitration last summer and they didn't like the decision so they sent him to the Isles.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Jigger77

I'm not sure if this was asked already (sorry if that's the case) but does anyone know what kind of stick Wizzy uses?

The entire blade and half of the shaft is white. It looks invisible on the ice. At first I thought he taped his shaft almost all the way up but that seems a bit rediculous to me.

My buddies and I call him the wizard because his has a magical invisible stick. Anyone know what make it is?

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I'm not sure if this was asked already (sorry if that's the case) but does anyone know what kind of stick Wizzy uses?

The entire blade and half of the shaft is white. It looks invisible on the ice. At first I thought he taped his shaft almost all the way up but that seems a bit rediculous to me.

My buddies and I call him the wizard because his has a magical invisible stick. Anyone know what make it is?
From the same wood than Gandalf staff

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
From the same wood than Gandalf staff
I think Gandalf went composite with the rest of the world 10 years ago.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:05 AM
deandebean

Wiz's career stats aren't exactly to the level of what he's doing right now.

So this may just be a freak accident.

I'm still not sure if Montreal will tender him an offer. Because he plays on the right side, I'm guessing they will probably want a physical presence there, because they have nobody on the right that can carry the load physically. They have Subban, Gorges and Weber. They will need a physical guy on that part of the ice, thus the reason why I don't believe he will be signed. If he is, then great. But I suspect they will give his cash to Gorges and Markov.

They will need to find a replacement for Hamrlik, because he won't be back. So they have Markov and Spacek on the left. I just don't see Gill back, unless he gets a cheap deal. And if Gill signs, they will need a journeyman for the 4th spot on the left.

That's why I'm not convinced by Wiz. He won't be there. No place on the right side in the top 3. He's in Montreal only because Gorges is out for the season. He can't play top-3 minutes when Gorges is there. Because on the right side, it's going to be Subban and Gorges with the most minutes. The 3rd right-man will be a physical one.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:22 AM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post

It's a Warrior Dolomite.

He used to spray paint his stick, but I think that he's now getting it white directly from Warrior.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 01:35 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Money is why he left Anaheim. He took them to arbitration last summer and they didn't like the decision so they sent him to the Isles.
And the Isles were going nowhere. They knew he would not re-sign with them so they traded him to the first team available.

Hawks also traded him to Anaheim for some cap relief.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 02:31 AM
LesHabsRock

2 goals and 10 assists in 11 games as a hab. Very good if you're a forward. Nothing short of amazing if you're a defenceman.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 02:35 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i don't see why we can't have 3 pairings with PMD's. it sounds ideal. maybe not the definition of pucking mover. but you know, offensive guy with a boom shot paired with a stay at home shutdown guy. we have the ability to run 3 very deep and mobile pairings next season and to an extent right now.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 03:45 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post

I'm still not sure if Montreal will tender him an offer. Because he plays on the right side, I'm guessing they will probably want a physical presence there, because they have nobody on the right that can carry the load physically. They have Subban, Gorges and Weber. They will need a physical guy on that part of the ice, thus the reason why I don't believe he will be signed. If he is, then great. But I suspect they will give his cash to Gorges and Markov.

They will need to find a replacement for Hamrlik, because he won't be back. So they have Markov and Spacek on the left. I just don't see Gill back, unless he gets a cheap deal. And if Gill signs, they will need a journeyman for the 4th spot on the left.

That's why I'm not convinced by Wiz. He won't be there. No place on the right side in the top 3. He's in Montreal only because Gorges is out for the season. He can't play top-3 minutes when Gorges is there. Because on the right side, it's going to be Subban and Gorges with the most minutes. The 3rd right-man will be a physical one.
or it may be him being 26 and entering his prime, who knows!

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 04:32 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
That's what the word is. Both Chicago and Anaheim wanted to keep him but he priced himself out of their budgets. In Anaheim's case it was simply a money issue and while Chicago could pay him what he wanted, they chose other players over him. He has always been known to play hard ball come contract negotiations and I see no reason to believe this trend won't continue with him reaching UFA status this summer.

I don't see us keeping him beyond this year, as he's bound to get 4.5+ on a multi-year term from a desperate team needing offense from the blue line.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 05:19 AM
Marksman

Quote:

Well, with Hawks defence corps he wasnt the top PP defenceman, but still put some point. With the Ducks he was about .5 ppg guy for a 1½ seasons, better than that with Isles and now a with proper role AND good powerplay unit he really started to bloom. Hes 26 years old now, so could it just be he has matured into better player over couple seasons?
I dont see this is accident ... a lot of people thought so with Streit too.

Quote:
I wouldnt worry about too. Obviously hes not a big guy, but you cannot argue he doesnt play with physical edge (has a bit of a history going overboard with it even). Same for Subban.

As for the money part ... Markov is already making top dollars, signing him wont take millions more... and Gorges is RFA, so he shouldnt become that expensive either.

Quote:

In my books Markov will take back Hamrlik minutes, Gorges will move into his natural side to take over from Gill and Spacek plays the 3rd pairing.

Then get some stay-at-home type defencemen for 7th-8th guys.

Last edited by Marksman: 01-22-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 05:24 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

I think he will resign here. Hopefully not for a huge lump though.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 06:51 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Well, with Hawks defence corps he wasnt the top PP defenceman, but still put some point. With the Ducks he was about .5 ppg guy for a 1½ seasons, better than that with Isles and now a with proper role AND good powerplay unit he really started to bloom. Hes 26 years old now, so could it just be he has matured into better player over couple seasons?
I dont see this is accident ... a lot of people thought so with Streit too.

I wouldnt worry about too. Obviously hes not a big guy, but you cannot argue he doesnt play with physical edge (has a bit of a history going overboard with it even). Same for Subban.

As for the money part ... Markov is already making top dollars, signing him wont take millions more... and Gorges is RFA, so he shouldnt become that expensive either.

In my books Markov will take back Hamrlik minutes, Gorges will move into his natural side to take over from Gill and Spacek plays the 3rd pairing.

Then get some stay-at-home type defencemen for 7th-8th guys.
Gill is getting resigned next season for sure. He's the type of player who doesn't get worse with age, he's slow as **** already lol. His reach and his hockey smarts, and his leadership is what keeps him going.

Markov Wiz
Gill Subban
Spacek Gorges
Weber

Is what I think we will be looking at next season... and that is a good looking d corps

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 07:30 AM
dcal64

Quote:

Did you notice how the power play seems to be working ever since we got the Wiz (even without Markov)?

Do you think it is a coincidence?

If we don't resign Wiz, then we need to find someone who can blast one from the point. Montreal's power play only works when we have a booming shot from the point (Souray, Streit, Bergeron). And no Weber is not the answer.

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 07:35 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Habs are 7-2-2 since the Wiz came to town, what a huge addition he has become.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 08:20 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
And he has already stated he wants to STAY.......a real hockey market has this guy excited! Let's hope his agent is too...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Chemistry is the word.

And when he has the taste of winning in the PO... he will love it here.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote