HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

yormark's ticket renewal program received

Old
01-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Slick Cat

vCash: 500
yormark's ticket renewal program received

Have any of you recevied your renewal packages yet? Well, unless there is a huge mistake they have increased my full season ticket prices by over 15%. Many other perks are much less attractive than last year. As a long time season ticekt holder I am very dissapointed. For a team assured of breaking the record of futility in the sport, in one of the worst economic times, this is a joke. The blueprint package highlights tallon more than anything. If he would suit up and put the puck in the net I might be more excited, but so far it is just long term plans with no short term accountability which we've heard before. Looking forward to hearing if anyone else received their invoices and your thoughts. George, any insight?

Last edited by Slick Cat: 01-18-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typos
Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:27 PM
drwmike

It is a joke, no big perks, bonus tickets are ok, panther bucks are nice, they really want you to buy two seasons. I personally did not see a big increase in price, pretty flat.

Last edited by drwmike: 01-18-2011 at 06:44 PM.
drwmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:41 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
Have any of you recevied your renewal packages yet? Well, unless there is a huge mistake they have increased my full season ticket prices by over 15%. Many other perks are much less attractive than last year. As a long time season ticekt holder I am very dissapointed. For a team assured of breaking the record of futility in the sport, in one of the worst economic times, this is a joke. The blueprint package highlights tallon more than anything. If he would suit up and put the puck in the net I might be more excited, but so far it is just long term plans with no short term accountability which we've heard before. Looking forward to hearing if anyone else received their invoices and your thoughts. George, any insight?
I'm with you. Completely underwhelming.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:48 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Got the package, ironically, after last nights debacle. However, my price did not increase. I would call your rep first thing in the AM, and then Hoffman if the rep is of no help. Feel free to PM me if i can help otherwise.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:53 PM
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Did it start with "Dear Habs/Rangers fan"?

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:58 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbanana View Post
Did it start with "Dear Habs/Rangers fan"?

Old
01-18-2011, 06:59 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

As an aside, it really annoys me that they feel the need to capitalize the word Blueprint each and every time they use it. We get it. Tallon has a plan... or is it a Plan?

Old
01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
As an aside, it really annoys me that they feel the need to capitalize the word Blueprint each and every time they use it. We get it. Tallon has a plan... or is it a Plan?
Didn't we get 5% bucks back last year, or am I "misremembering" ?

Old
01-18-2011, 07:05 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Didn't we get 5% bucks back last year, or am I "misremembering" ?
Yes. I believe that is 'Correct'.

Old
01-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
The whole blueprint/plan thing really irks me from the start. All this does is buy tallon years of no accountability because no one is expecting playoffs since we are looking at what might be in the future. I remember when the future was luongo, bouw, Horton and Weiss and all we have left is Weiss with very little to show and no playoffs. Would have much preferred getting Buff and one of many other available players. He won't have the luxury here of signing guys like Hossa and Campbell, so the blueprint he used in Chicago cannot really be compared.

Old
01-18-2011, 07:19 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
The whole blueprint/plan thing really irks me from the start. All this does is buy tallon years of no accountability because no one is expecting playoffs since we are looking at what might be in the future. I remember when the future was luongo, bouw, Horton and Weiss and all we have left is Weiss with very little to show and no playoffs. Would have much preferred getting Buff and one of many other available players. He won't have the luxury here of signing guys like Hossa and Campbell, so the blueprint he used in Chicago cannot really be compared.
I think we all agree on most of this, and we are maybe are one of the most frustrated group of fans in sports (and i used to complain about my rags until 94...that was nothing)

But product aside, what else can the ticket side do. They (apparently) haven't increased ticket prices in years; they give us basically an extra ticket for one purchased, they give us bonus tickets and food $$, and personally, they couldn't be nicer.

Now don't get me wrong. I would give all the frills, and pay 50% more per ticket for a winning product. And thats been my argument forever...spend, win,sellout,raise tkt prices, rinse, repeat...but i digress ...

Old
01-18-2011, 08:02 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
I think we all agree on most of this, and we are maybe are one of the most frustrated group of fans in sports (and i used to complain about my rags until 94...that was nothing)

But product aside, what else can the ticket side do. They (apparently) haven't increased ticket prices in years; they give us basically an extra ticket for one purchased, they give us bonus tickets and food $$, and personally, they couldn't be nicer.

Now don't get me wrong. I would give all the frills, and pay 50% more per ticket for a winning product. And thats been my argument forever...spend, win,sellout,raise tkt prices, rinse, repeat...but i digress ...
They need to do a better job of making the season ticket holder feel important.

They need to create a reason why you'd want to have season tickets for this team instead of buying the same tickets online for a fraction of the price.

IMO, they fail at this. Example: a couple of seasons ago they promised a meet and greet with players for early renewals. The meet and greet consisted of waiting after a game... for a surly Anthony Stewart. He showed up, signed autographs for the line of suckers... I mean season ticket holders... and that's that. Noone else showed up. Is it a big deal? Not really in and of itself. I was just curious to see what this "meet and greet" would be like. I expected it to be disappointing so at least it met expectations. I did learn from that not to waste any more time on Panther "events".

Old
01-18-2011, 08:11 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
They need to do a better job of making the season ticket holder feel important.

They need to create a reason why you'd want to have season tickets for this team instead of buying the same tickets online for a fraction of the price.

IMO, they fail at this. Example: a couple of seasons ago they promised a meet and greet with players for early renewals. The meet and greet consisted of waiting after a game... for a surly Anthony Stewart. He showed up, signed autographs for the line of suckers... I mean season ticket holders... and that's that. Noone else showed up. Is it a big deal? Not really in and of itself. I was just curious to see what this "meet and greet" would be like. I expected it to be disappointing so at least it met expectations. I did learn from that not to waste any more time on Panther "events".
Good point. I remember that post game one we had frolik..who was real nice but it was like you describe a wam bam thank you mam.

One year that my kids enjoyed was in the arena on an off day players were in different sections and you went around the stands and got as many autographs as you liked. Do you recall that?

Old
01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Good point. I remember that post game one we had frolik..who was real nice but it was like you describe a wam bam thank you mam.

One year that my kids enjoyed was in the arena on an off day players were in different sections and you went around the stands and got as many autographs as you liked. Do you recall that?
That was many years ago, and I recall meeting Sillinger and Luongo in his first year. The bottom line is, does it make sense to keep spending the money? While they give you the extra set of tickets for now, the reality is that you can pick up lower bowl seats for $20 or less almost any night. Where is the value to commit to a whole season and now they want two years in advance? To raise prices is absolutely insulting, in today's economy and with a team with no star power at all. Even when we're doing well on a mini winning streak we can't close out a critical home game against a team we are chasing.

Last edited by Slick Cat: 01-18-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old
01-18-2011, 08:20 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:

Don't remember that one. Was it on a weekend?

BTW, Stewart was not "unfriendly", but it was clear that he really, really didn't want to be there. To be entirely honest, I didn't either...

Old
01-18-2011, 08:29 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
That was many years ago, and I recall meeting Sillinger and Luongo in his first year. The bottom line is, does it make sense to keep spending the money? While they give you the extra set of tickets for now, the reality is that you can pick up lower bowl seats for $20 or less almost any night. Where is the value to commit to a whole season and now they want two years in advance? To raise prices is absolutely insulting, in today's economy and with a team with no star power at all. Even when we're doing well on a mini winning streak we can't close out a critical home game against a team we are chasing.
Didn't they sell 10,000 season tickets this year? Probably a reaction to that and nothing else. Or the front office thinks the team will be more competitive over the next two years and feels it can sell some seats at face value instead of having them sold by STHs to visiting fans (lose/lose).

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:09 PM
panthersfan751

The STH experience is just completely underwhelming. There are some good reps, but the service overall is to the point where once I have my tickets I'm happy. Why should fans buy season seats when we can pay cheaper prices by buying tickets in the parking lot?

To raise prices when we're in a bad economy, on the verge of making NHL history for a playoff drought and have not had a player score 70 points since Jokinen left is just a really poor business decision by this team.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:20 PM
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I was promised a signed puck with my season tickets a couple of seasons ago. Never got it. As someone who doesn't collect autographs, it's not even that I want a damn puck that much, but I was disappointed that they would promise and not deliver. I even asked my ticket rep about it twice when we spoke halfway through and toward the end of the season and still no puck. Like I said, it isn't not having the puck itself that bugs me...

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:05 PM
KWGoon

Quote:

I'm 100% with you. I would upgrade from half season to full with a better team and be willing to pay more per ticket. If they iced a winner.

Yorkman you F***ing idiot!!! Are you even LISTENING you fool?? A pretender of a president!! Sea-gherkin!! Ectoplasm!! Neanderthal!! Deep water plankton!! Bashi-bazouk!!

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:42 AM
jol

They are asking commitment for two years? I guess they need cash. Does anybody remember what happened to season ticket holders when various teams declared bancrupty (Phoenix, Buffalo, Ottawa), were STHs able to keep season tickets?

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:44 AM
16Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
I'm 100% with you. I would upgrade from half season to full with a better team and be willing to pay more per ticket. If they iced a winner.

Yorkman you F***ing idiot!!! Are you even LISTENING you fool?? A pretender of a president!! Sea-gherkin!! Ectoplasm!! Neanderthal!! Deep water plankton!! Bashi-bazouk!!
haha I love your insults.

16Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:45 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
They are asking commitment for two years? I guess they need cash. Does anybody remember what happened to season ticket holders when various teams declared bancrupty (Phoenix, Buffalo, Ottawa), were STHs able to keep season tickets?

JOL
They are giving you a 2 year option. If you sign one year you get one years "bonus tkts; 2 yrs gets you two. And they claim its the last year of the extra ticket giveaway.

There is no bankruptcy issue with the Panthers.

Old
01-19-2011, 04:54 PM
jol

Quote:
They are giving you a 2 year option. If you sign one year you get one years "bonus tkts; 2 yrs gets you two. And they claim its the last year of the extra ticket giveaway.

There is no bankruptcy issue with the Panthers.
How many are "bonus tickets", one/two year?

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 04:55 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
How many are "bonus tickets", one/two year?

JOL
40 games of bonus for one year and double that for 2.

Old
01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Damn, with all the complaining I do about the Cats, I wish I lived in S. Florida so I could have season tickets to my Panthers. My one trip a year just isnt enough.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote