HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-Calgary

Old
01-19-2011, 02:07 PM
BurnEmUp

vCash: 500
This is the best deal I think, if the Flames decide to sell....

Iginla

for

Krejci
Ryder
TO's 1st

and...

Tanguay

for

Colborne or Boston's 1st

...because of cap reason's you are taking two key forwards out of your line-up in Krejci and Ryder....so we add Tanguay, who in my mind is worth a late first or a good prospect as a rental.

Before you scoff at Tangs, please realize he would be the second highest scorer on your team right now and would bring much of the same element that Krecji brings with his play making abilities, except it would be from the wing position instead of center, which is OK because you still have Savard, Bergeron and Seguin.

So....

To Bruins: Jarome Iginla, Alex Tanguay (8,700,000 total)
To Flames: Ryder, Krejci (7,750,000 total), TO's 1st, Colborne or Boston's 1st

Lucic - Savard - Iginla
Tanguay - Bergeron - Horton
Rechhi - Seguin - Wheeler

That's as deadly a top nine as there is in the NHL, IMO.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewEnglandSportsFan*

Send a message via AIM to NewEnglandSportsFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Wheeler, Colborne, BOS 1st and MIN 2nd for Iginla

IMO that's a fair deal, if they want TOR 1st then remove the 2 draft picks and CGY would have to send their 1st.
See, now that just sounds like a huge overpayment to me. I honestly know very little to nothing about Colborne but from what I've heard he could be a similar player to Joe Thornton. So to me him and perhaps your Boston 1st would be good value; I don't see the point to adding a player like Blake Wheeler who is young with loads of potential and size, as well as another 2nd rounder. It seems like overkill for a player declining like Iginla. Not that the Bruins shouldn't try to get him. They would be a legit superpower if they acquired him in my opinion.

NewEnglandSportsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blankall

Quote:

IMO that's a fair deal, if they want TOR 1st then remove the 2 draft picks and CGY would have to send their 1st.
Some decent assets going Calgary's way, however:

Toronto has actually been playing a lot better and at this point Calgary's 1st is not that much worse than Toronto's.

Calgary's 1st, Boston's 1st, Min 2nd is not a fair trade for Toronto's 1st.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:11 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Some decent assets going Calgary's way, however:

Toronto has actually been playing a lot better and at this point Calgary's 1st is not that much worse than Toronto's.

Calgary's 1st, Boston's 1st, Min 2nd is not a fair trade for Toronto's 1st.
You're probably right, I have said all along that if Iginla is to be moved that it would be at the draft or in the summer sometime, so I guess which ever picks CGY values more then that would be the option they would go for. This is a draft day deal not a deadline one.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerLeagueFanatic View Post
See, now that just sounds like a huge overpayment to me. I honestly know very little to nothing about Colborne but from what I've heard he could be a similar player to Joe Thornton. So to me him and perhaps your Boston 1st would be good value; I don't see the point to adding a player like Blake Wheeler who is young with loads of potential and size, as well as another 2nd rounder. It seems like overkill for a player declining like Iginla. Not that the Bruins shouldn't try to get him. They would be a legit superpower if they acquired him in my opinion.
Joe Colborne plays the same style as Thornton, but I doubt you'll see Colborne putting up similar numbers to him.

I don't think it's an overpayment at all, Iginla is still one of the best wingers in that game.

Old
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:

so what you are saying is for the flames to move up 2 or 3 spots in the draft we would essentially have to give up the bruins 1st and the wild 2nd?

thats asenine

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:23 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
so what you are saying is for the flames to move up 2 or 3 spots in the draft we would essentially have to give up the bruins 1st and the wild 2nd?

thats asenine
First of all the season is not over yet so we don't know where the teams are going to finish and second of all this is a draft day/off-season deal.

Old
01-19-2011, 02:27 PM
foshizzle11

only way we trade Iggy this year is a top prospect (ie Schenn style) or a top 5 pick in this year's coming draft. This is the only good deal. You can keep your mediocre 2nd and 3rd liners we have plenty of those to go around.

foshizzle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
its close... but i could take colborne and the bos 1st... we will already have likely a top 10 pick in this draft, we could package the 2 together to move up if needed
My thoughts exactly. As soon as Calgary isn't in the lottery I think they take the Boston 1st and Colborne.

Afterall, Boston was able to move their 1st and Wideman for Horton so imagine what Calgary could do with the pick!

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle11 View Post
only way we trade Iggy this year is a top prospect (ie Schenn style) or a top 5 pick in this year's coming draft. This is the only good deal. You can keep your mediocre 2nd and 3rd liners we have plenty of those to go around.
Hence me asking what is more valuable; the top five or the 20-30 pick and the blue-chip prospect Calgary native.

Colborne is a great prospect and tops on the Bruins depth chart. Ahead of Knight, Spooner or Hamill. He has the disadvantage of looking for a job in Boston.

Old
01-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
My thoughts exactly. As soon as Calgary isn't in the lottery I think they take the Boston 1st and Colborne.

Afterall, Boston was able to move their 1st and Wideman for Horton so imagine what Calgary could do with the pick!
I also think Colborne and Nemisz would play very well together... neither is overly physical, but both have very good hands and good size... put them with a pure sniper like Ryan Howse and it could be an amazing line down the road

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:03 PM
blankall

Quote:
You're probably right, I have said all along that if Iginla is to be moved that it would be at the draft or in the summer sometime, so I guess which ever picks CGY values more then that would be the option they would go for. This is a draft day deal not a deadline one.
With the pure suckage coming out of Edm, NYI, and NJD, it's going to be very tough for either Toronto or Calgary to get a lottery pick.

Toronto's pick just isn't as valuable as many Bruins fans are making it out to be. It's not going to be Seguin part 2.

IMO it will take both that Toronto pick and a prospect like Coburne to make an Iggy deal happen. Boston's pick will probably be in the 25-30 range. Players drafted in this range usually have less than a 50% chance of ever becomming NHL players of any capacity, let alone potential first liners. This year is expected to be a very shallow draft. Boston's pick is worth very little IMO.

Old
01-19-2011, 03:57 PM
patty59

Quote:
With the pure suckage coming out of Edm, NYI, and NJD, it's going to be very tough for either Toronto or Calgary to get a lottery pick.

Toronto's pick just isn't as valuable as many Bruins fans are making it out to be. It's not going to be Seguin part 2.

IMO it will take both that Toronto pick and a prospect like Coburne to make an Iggy deal happen. Boston's pick will probably be in the 25-30 range. Players drafted in this range usually have less than a 50% chance of ever becomming NHL players of any capacity, let alone potential first liners. This year is expected to be a very shallow draft. Boston's pick is worth very little IMO.
I think if you go and take a look back at former big names that have been moved you'll find that they are very rarely moved for a lottery pick and top prospect. It's usually a prospect, young roster guy and a 1st or 2nd.

Also, I think you should take a look at some of the write-ups on this years draft, it's not as shallow as some seem to believe.

Old
01-19-2011, 04:16 PM
blankall

Quote:
I think if you go and take a look back at former big names that have been moved you'll find that they are very rarely moved for a lottery pick and top prospect. It's usually a prospect, young roster guy and a 1st or 2nd.

Also, I think you should take a look at some of the write-ups on this years draft, it's not as shallow as some seem to believe.
That's kind of my point. There is no lottery pick in play. Toronto's pick probably won't be a lottery pick, and it may not even be top 5. I just don't see Toronto falling behind Edm, NYI, or the NJD. As such, there pick is 4th at worst, which only yields a 10% chance at a #1 pick. Toronto, who has been playing better lately IMO, probably will see themselves finish around 23rd, which gives them a 0% chance of that #1 pick.

Also, when was the last time a player of Iginla's calibre was moved, without the teams hand being forced.

Old
01-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:

Still, nothing is guaranteed.

If the kid selected with that pick turns out to be half as good as Jarome is right now, it will be a decent selection.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
SaintMorose

vCash: 50
Wheeler/Krejci, Ryder, Colbourne, BOS 1st is and interesting package

for

Iggy/tangs, Iggy/Morrison, Iggy/babchuck
( not throwing in garbage just a low-cost player to balance contracts and give NHL depth )

I've left Wheeler/Krejci out thinking the B's were pretty high on them would they be on the block for a player like Iginla?

SaintMorose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMorose View Post
Wheeler/Krejci, Ryder, Colbourne, BOS 1st is and interesting package

for

Iggy/tangs, Iggy/Morrison, Iggy/babchuck
( not throwing in garbage just a low-cost player to balance contracts and give NHL depth )

I've left Wheeler/Krejci out thinking the B's were pretty high on them would they be on the block for a player like Iginla?
For Iginla Wheeler would be available. I could even see Krejci if the other parts are minimal. To me, it makes more sense for Calgary to go after a 1st, Colborne and Wheeler with Ryder tossed in.

Imagine Calgary adding Toronto's 1st, their own 1st (Two top 10 picks) Colborne and Wheeler to their team next year? Four young talented prospects/players for one?

That is making the prudent move for a franchise before it is too late.

Boston gets to replace Wheeler with Caron and Ryder with Iginla at the cost of Toronto's 1st and Colborne.

Calgary replaces Iginla this year with Ryder and Wheeler, and adds Colborne and the 1st to their future next season. Hell, having Wheeler and Colborne develop in Calgary at the same time with that size would be an impressive response to Edmonton's 1st line. That is also saying nothing about what they get in this years draft with the two 1sts.

Now, is Feaster smart enough to make a move this bold?

Old
01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
SaintMorose

Quote:
For Iginla Wheeler would be available. I could even see Krejci if the other parts are minimal. To me, it makes more sense for Calgary to go after a 1st, Colborne and Wheeler with Ryder tossed in.

Imagine Calgary adding Toronto's 1st, their own 1st (Two top 10 picks) Colborne and Wheeler to their team next year? Four young talented prospects/players for one?

That is making the prudent move for a franchise before it is too late.

Boston gets to replace Wheeler with Caron and Ryder with Iginla at the cost of Toronto's 1st and Colborne.

Calgary replaces Iginla this year with Ryder and Wheeler, and adds Colborne and the 1st to their future next season. Hell, having Wheeler and Colborne develop in Calgary at the same time with that size would be an impressive response to Edmonton's 1st line. That is also saying nothing about what they get in this years draft with the two 1sts.

Now, is Feaster smart enough to make a move this bold?
tbh I'm shocked you'd be willing to give up the TO first with that package most Bruins fans seem to think it's untouchable.

I'm guessing the B's would rather lose Wheeler than Krejci then as depth down the middle is going to be huge in the playoffs.

I don't know how many Bruins fans like Ference he's another possibility as a salary dump (instead of Ryder) if you wanted back Anton.

If the package is Colbourne + TOR 1st + young roster player Calgary is getting enough to start the rebuild agree'd there

My question is mostly which low cost player from Calgary helps the Bruins get Iggy his much deserved cup

and who do the Bruins need to lose salary-wise to fit Iggy in (pref. not Savard as he would be most of the reason Iggy plays in Boston)

Old
01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
That's kind of my point. There is no lottery pick in play. Toronto's pick probably won't be a lottery pick, and it may not even be top 5. I just don't see Toronto falling behind Edm, NYI, or the NJD. As such, there pick is 4th at worst, which only yields a 10% chance at a #1 pick. Toronto, who has been playing better lately IMO, probably will see themselves finish around 23rd, which gives them a 0% chance of that #1 pick.

Also, when was the last time a player of Iginla's calibre was moved, without the teams hand being forced.
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the bottom 10 teams get a chance to participate in the lottery? I thought that is how it works and that any of those teams, if they win the lottery can move up 4 places. So if Toronto finishes out of the bottom 5 teams they wouldn't have a chance to pick 1st overall but could move up 4 places in the draft. I think that is how it works anyway. Anyone know for sure?

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the bottom 10 teams get a chance to participate in the lottery? I thought that is how it works and that any of those teams, if they win the lottery can move up 4 places. So if Toronto finishes out of the bottom 5 teams they wouldn't have a chance to pick 1st overall but could move up 4 places in the draft. I think that is how it works anyway. Anyone know for sure?
All non-playoff teams have a chance to move up 4 spots

Old
01-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMorose View Post
tbh I'm shocked you'd be willing to give up the TO first with that package most Bruins fans seem to think it's untouchable.

I'm guessing the B's would rather lose Wheeler than Krejci then as depth down the middle is going to be huge in the playoffs.

I don't know how many Bruins fans like Ference he's another possibility as a salary dump (instead of Ryder) if you wanted back Anton.

If the package is Colbourne + TOR 1st + young roster player Calgary is getting enough to start the rebuild agree'd there

My question is mostly which low cost player from Calgary helps the Bruins get Iggy his much deserved cup

and who do the Bruins need to lose salary-wise to fit Iggy in (pref. not Savard as he would be most of the reason Iggy plays in Boston)
I could see Wheeler and Ryder being enough.

Colborne
Wheeler
Ryder
Toronto's 1st in 2011

for

Iginla

Three young pieces for Calgary to build upon that would make the 2011-2012 Flames but Wheeler would be the only Bruin next year due to the young depth already in place.

I could also see Bruins fans trying to replace Wheeler with Ference in this deal as well.

Old
01-19-2011, 07:19 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
while I don't have an issue with your proposal i think people need to realize this is not a Hossa or Kovalchuk situation... this is closer to the situation Pronger was in when he went from Anaheim to Philadelphia...

this is not a rental where you have 1 shot at the cup... its a situation where you get a 30-35 goal scorer who is labelled as one of the great leaders in the game for 3 tries at the cup... so not only could you have teams that think they can win this year bidding for his services... you could have teams that think they will be able to win in the next 3 years bidding...

this has potential to be a true bidding war... thats why the Toronto 1st could easily be in play... because one of your biggest rivals in Montreal can likely match anything you put in a deal except that pick... that pick puts you in the drivers seat in any bidding war and you do it without crippling your franchise
Except Pronger lead many teams to the cup win or lose he has a ton of cup experience. Iginla not so much

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:

Colborne
Wheeler
Ryder
Toronto's 1st in 2011

for

Iginla

Three young pieces for Calgary to build upon that would make the 2011-2012 Flames but Wheeler would be the only Bruin next year due to the young depth already in place.
As A Flames fan, I would take that. (If that was the direction the team wanted to go)

Cant expect anymore than that.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:23 PM
SaintMorose

Quote:

Colborne
Wheeler
Ryder
Toronto's 1st in 2011

for

Iginla

I could also see Bruins fans trying to replace Wheeler with Ference in this deal as well.
If that enough to make Iggy fit Calgary takes it; assuming we lose a few more games and Iginla okays it

Old
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
As A Flames fan, I would take that. (If that was the direction the team wanted to go)

Cant expect anymore than that.
Boston is about to realize the unique window that they have now of having:

Krejci
Seguin
Kampfer
Boychuk
Rask
Marchand

...all at less than 4.0 million annually. Add in the twilight years of:

Savard
Chara
Thomas

and the players coming into their prime of:

Lucic
Horton
Bergeron
Seidenberg

...and you begin to see how valuable this year and next is to make that push to go over the top.

Realistically, how many openings do you see in next years lineup for a young player to make the Bruins?

Lucic - Savard -Horton
Wheeler - Krejci - ______
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
______ - Campbell - Thornton

Now, Add in Caron and you have one spot for Knight, Colborne, Arniel, Hamill, Spooner, and the 2011 Toronto 1st to find jobs.

At some point you need to move prospects that are developing or players that have already established their career into better single players. In this case, Iginla.

I fully believe Wheeler is going to get even better. Same goes for Colborne. I also believe the Leafs pick will be in the 4-10 range and be a great prospect. That is what it takes to get a player like Iginla for your Cup run.

At some point you cash in five quarters for a dollar because you need the dollar right then and there, even if those quarters may be worth more down the line. You need the one player to put you over the top and you give a high compensation.