HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 2-1 in OT and 2-4 players...

Old
01-18-2011, 09:52 PM
hockey8888

vCash: 500
Gomez should learn something from Eller
The kid took a series of beating but still keep going
But Gomez, no, he needs to retaliate

Wonder what is Gomez IQ ?

hockey8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:54 PM
InglewoodJack

... So I assume I missed a doozie?

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Habit11

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but right before the Gomez penalty, Wiz got crosschecked from behind into the boards. You can hear the conversation clearly on the ice on the Vs. feed after the stoppage, and the Habs ask the ref why that wasn't a hit from behind penalty on Wiz? The ref (not sure which one) responds, "He turned into it"... meaning Wiz turned into the hit, and therefore no penalty should be called.

I'm no referee, but is this at all right?

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:57 PM
NewHabsEra*

Anyway who cares about the Sabres, not only they wont make the playoffs but their position at the draft wont be that good either..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Come on, even if Gomez's stick didn't touch Gerbe's face, he deserved that penalty, maybe not high-sticking but roughing. Don't even try to defend Gomez on that play. Eller was shoved on the ice and push face first to the board but still manage to kept his temper and took the hit like a man. Gomez can't keep his temper on a 5'5 player. You can't punch a guy with the hand that hold your stick. It was blatant, refs will always call that.
Eller probably thought Myers would get a penalty, why wouldn't he?

The Refs knew Gerbe and Gomez were going at it, both of them. If they're fed up of it, call them both. Why give a team a very, very, undeserved advantage?

Gomez is a hot head at times, this isn't the first time. It's stupid and ya, he definitely took a penalty on that play. But the refs had a chance to call about 10 Sabres penalties before that, and they know the Habs are playing with 3 men down. Want to hide your whistle? Fine, do it all game. If not, then be freaking consistent. That's all people want. As much as Gomez is an idiot, the Refs are worse, and so is this ridiculous league.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron View Post

Are you serious? So, it's ok to get pushed around? To hell with that, if anything, Eller should have turned around and clocked Myers right on the chin.

Then again, Myers and Gerbe should have both been called before either Gomez or Eller needed to defend themselves.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron View Post

I'm no Gomez fan, but someone has to start sticking up for this team or there won't be anyone left. It's no ****ing secret why we have so many injuries. Just ****ing with our players, injure them, highstick, slash, slam head first into the boards. And nothing happens. As in the Eller example you just said there. It won't be long before he is injured also. Call up White, Henry, whomever I don't give a ****. Someone takes out one of your players, you send them in no matter what. I ****ing miss Chris Nilan greatly.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Souvenirs

These boards are so animated after a loss

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:00 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Considering the amount of Canadian fans that attend Sabre games they are an American franchise but supported by a lot Canadian fans..
I have been to a ton of Habs game in Buffalo and the border is busy and the stands are almost 50-50. The fans travel all across southern Ontario to see our boys, if the southern Ontario population wasn't going to Buffalo that team would be gone already to Hamilton or Toronto...same goes with the Bills.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:00 PM
DDIHH

Gomez said he was sorry for the dumb penalty to his teamates after the game (per l'Antichambre). He, for one, thinks he lost his temper...

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:01 PM
compile

What BS!!
Eller literally was boarded by Myers and took 2 cross-checks. Wiz got clearly hit from behind, Gomez was tackled by Gerbil in that scrum that the SABRES started for something THEY DID (Gionta was trying to avoid Miller, who played the part of a dying goalie perfectly).

This reffing bs needs to end. The NHL has the worst officiating of any pro-sports league. There are 2 sets of rules. 1 for the regular season and 1 for the playoffs. That is total bs.

PG AND Martin need to call out the refs and the NHL. It seems like any team that makes a profit suffers HARD at the hands of officiating. I see it in Leafs games, Bruins games, Habs, Ranger etc. Its like the NHL picks at after then 20 game mark who they want in the playoffs that year.

I still remember Kubina (Tampa) literally kicking his legs out tripping Iginla who was trying to clear the zone, no call was made (just before that a really really weak call was made). Tampa ended up scoring and winning game 6 (which the Flames would have won the Cup), and then game 7 the Flames were completely out of it. Since then, I've come to the conclusion that NHL is a bush league run by 30 moronic owners (actually only 12 of them run the league).

There is no consistency in this league at all. Going from player signings to games to supplementary discipline. The OHL does things right believe it or not. They don't wait for the off season to make rule changes (see Fighting and headshots). Players of any caliber get the EXACT same treatment.

P.S this excerpt is from NHL.com...
"Cammalleri was hurt 45 seconds earlier and did not return after being crosschecked to the back of the neck by Sabres defenseman Mike Weber."

Cammer was cross-checked in the NECK!!!!!!!! Do you know how dangerous that is...he could have been paralyzed (and believe me I've seen it happen while playing in the MTHL). That constitutes as a head shot. Weber SHOULD get 3 games (which i think is peanuts for any suspension like this).

****ing horse sheeeet. This league continues to get worse and worse. Bettman and his moronic friend Campbell need to be removed and insert a guy that LOVES hockey and is a business man and a hire David Branch to had out supplementary discipline.

If I were the Molson's I'd personally call Martin and tell him next time this bs happens, call the players to the bench and call it a night.

I want to throw up literally.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:02 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Anyway who cares about the Sabres, not only they wont make the playoffs but their position at the draft wont be that good either..
Not only that, they keep their coach and GM year after year no matter how bad they are cause they are so damn cheap!

Buffalo is the Edmonton of the USA NHL market for UFA's.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
... So I assume I missed a doozie?
It wasnt a classic by any means... but there was a full moon outside, and alot of weird things were happening.

Just a really bizarre game..... and I thought it was gonna be tough to match the bizarr-o-meter reading from the calgary game.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Canadian_Brewtality

games like this make me nuts

just not the habs year

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

JM just saying penalties cost us the game...nothing like putting it on Gomez when we had three lines and were getting man handled by the other team!

That guy is a load of crap and spineless.

Old
le_sean

Congratulations Buffalo, you beat a Habs team down 3 wingers and Halpern, some guys have the flu, a second of back-to-back games and on the road. You should be real proud of that win, it was like they won the ****ing Cup. But I guess that's what happens when you live in that dirt town of zero championships.

Huge point tonight, great game.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:06 PM
NewGuy

Referees at the NHL level shouldn't be intimidated by coaches like Kimmerly was by Ruff.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Congratulations Buffalo, you beat a Habs team down 3 wingers and Halpern, some guys have the flu, a second of back-to-back games and on the road. You should be real proud of that win, it was like they won the ****ing Cup. But I guess that's what happens when you live in that dirt town of zero championships.

Huge point tonight, great game.
And they needed a 4 on 3 PP to win it.

HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
I didn't think you would bite on the troll bait Mike8.

It's a poem I just wrote.
Sorry to disappoint.

Well, the guy seems to be trying to be objective, for whatever that's worth. If it's to avoid being given infractions and just give some passive aggressive trolling, that's fine. Best to respond to 'rational' trolls with rational points, and see them avoid them altogether (see: his response to my post).

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:07 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIHH View Post
Gomez said he was sorry for the dumb penalty to his teamates after the game (per l'Antichambre). He, for one, thinks he lost his temper...
You think PK gave him shlit in the room?

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:07 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
And they needed a 4 on 3 PP to win it.
No idea why people are so upset. That was a huge point considering the circumstances.

Don't be mad at Gomez either, they let **** go all night and call that garbage?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:09 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIHH View Post
PK shouldn't accept his apology and just ignore him.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
compile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but right before the Gomez penalty, Wiz got crosschecked from behind into the boards. You can hear the conversation clearly on the ice on the Vs. feed after the stoppage, and the Habs ask the ref why that wasn't a hit from behind penalty on Wiz? The ref (not sure which one) responds, "He turned into it"... meaning Wiz turned into the hit, and therefore no penalty should be called.

I'm no referee, but is this at all right?
No. Wiz was going to the puck with his back towards Goofstad. In no way did Wiz "turn" his back to him.

IMHO that shouldn't matter. Its still a very dangerous play, and a 4 minute minor.

They need to change the rules in the NHL. I feel another Bertuzzi incident is bound to happen in the next 2 years. They won't make any drastic changes until someone A)is paralyzed or B)dies.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Pacioretty flys home with the team apparantly & Halpern/Cammy have seperated shoulders (Dave Stubbs)

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:10 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
Referees at the NHL level shouldn't be intimidated by coaches like Kimmerly was by Ruff.
I recall quite well last Buffalo games Ruff dishing on the refs and we ended up having lots of penalties... Not only Kimmerly bro! That's why I have a hard time understanding Jacques Martin, his inactivity towards the refs and unemotional self... I can't stand it to be honest!

PhysicX is online now   Reply With Quote