HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Injuries Thread - READ OP FOR UPDATES

Old
02-21-2011, 04:51 PM
GoodKiwi

vCash: 500
My guess is the management knew about this earlier hence Paul Mara trade.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Wow...more cap space I guess...we love cap space right!??!!
Is that the case if Spacek is out for the year? He has a 35+ contract, so that does prevent his salary from coming off the cap?

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:53 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Is that the case if Spacek is out for the year? He has a 35+ contract, so that does prevent his salary from coming off the cap?
Nothing comes off the cap, but if he's put on LTIR we can exceed our team cap by Spacek's.

Last edited by GoodKiwi: 02-21-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old
02-21-2011, 04:57 PM
habspinner

The only way Spacek's salary comes off the cap is with LTIR (but it never really comes off the cap, we just can replace him by someone else). Philly did it with Rathje who wasn't ever coming back to hockey, they just kept him on payroll as his body just gave out.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 04:58 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Cap hit stays. It was a 35+ contract.
Can you trade the cap hit to a team like the Isles? I'm guessing if he's retired you don't pay the wages right?

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:00 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Can you trade the cap hit to a team like the Isles? I'm guessing if he's retired you don't pay the wages right?
No, you can't trade cap hits under current CBA. If he retires while with the Habs, the cap hit stays. Period.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Maliki2

Well there yah go many of you wishing hate on Spaceman. I'm no fan but his injury and his cap hit have really put the screws to us. Not to mention all the other injuries. Speaking of injuries it was a few years ago we have numerous injuries and our injury guy was let go if I remember correctly. So what now?

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:02 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Spacho out for the rest of the year ffs this sucks balls

King Woodballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:07 PM
googlymoogly

Markov
Gorges
Spacek

No wonder they can't win, that is some of our best shut down D. Everybody gives Spacek a hard time but he still was one of the better defensive D we had. How did he injure his leg? I don't remember seeing it, if it was from the hockey fight in Boston then Montreal better wake up and get some tougher players in the bottom 6, guys like Spacek shouldn't be getting jumped.

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:11 PM
JayBee*

But i thought this was the year injuries wouldn't be an issue.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:13 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Don't you know, this is a "cursed" year. I swear it hasn't been the same before.

Old
02-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Andy

Quote:
For the last time no one said it wouldn't be an issue. They said that the team improves just on players not being as injured.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Nothing comes off the cap, but if he's put on LTIR we can exceed our team cap by Spacek's.
That's what I meant. I thought maybe teams' couldn't do that when the player injured has a 35+ contract... guess they can.

Habit11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:17 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
The trick is to trade him BEFORE he retires!

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:21 PM
haburger

gonna b real tough if we lose jaro for the rest of the year.unreal.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:22 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
For the last time no one said it wouldn't be an issue. They said that the team improves just on players not being as injured.
Dude, people were making calculations and propping this team up by an extra 50 goals and turning that into an extra 10 wins. Give me a break. I can up that thread but I'd just be called a hater, a whiner, etc...

Old
02-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Andy

Quote:
Dude, people were making calculations and propping this team up by an extra 50 goals and turning that into an extra 10 wins. Give me a break. I can up that thread but I'd just be called a hater, a whiner, etc...
They said if players don't get injured they are better. They never said we will not get injured. It's two different things how can you not see that?

I mean are we going to blame Vancouver's GM also because of the injuries they've had?

Injuries happen sure, but they are unpredictable. I don't even remember the last time we lost 3 defensemen for an entire season.

If a team stays healthy they are better, that's what people said. They didn't guarentee that there won't be injuries. I don't see how it's so hard to see the difference between the two statements.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:31 PM
habspinner

Quote:
I can admit to this. I thought we would have been a much better offensive team this year with Markov and Subban on the back end on a fulltime basis.

To be honest, our defense has been pretty good this year in terms of scoring, I think we are top 5 or 6 in the league. It's our offense that has been putrid.

We just don't have the horses to run this stifling defensive system and score a lot of goals. For those of you who always compare the Sens that Martin coached, I'd like to remind you that the talent level in those teams was exponentially higher than anything we have on our team.

BTW - Martin must be ****ing with people as he had Halpern on a line with Cammy and Pleks today

Old
02-21-2011, 05:32 PM
BigHabs

This is getting pretty bad.......

I know we are still 6th right now.

Are defense isn't that bad given our injuries.

Hamrlik Wisniewski
Gill Subban
Mara Weber

ex. Picard

Looks decent for a team with half their regular defense gone.

IMO a trade isn't going to help us, a few might, but just 1 won't solve anything.

Like some are saying this just don't look to be our year and should hold off and trying to grab a playoff spot. We can look forward to next year when we get our full defense back.

Here's to hoping Markov and Gorges are 100% ready, not 90% or play too early. They need to be 100%. We need faster and a stronger backend IMO.

Darche, you wouldn't of thought it at the beginning of the year but man he is a key guy for us. Goes to the net and works along the boards. A week isn't long, but we are having a tough time all year scoring.

Gauthier I think has to hope for the best and clinch a playoff spot. I don't think its worth our while to get involved in bidding wars at the TDL. Our farm has taken a hit with all the callups we have been doing.

Trade deadline is usually pretty straight forward for the Habs at deadline.

Hold a press conference at the end of the day, Gauthier will say a few mumbles of some of the players or deals looked at, but cost too much for their liking and move on.

It looks like it will be the same this year, unless Gauthier is convinced we can make a strong push again with key dman out.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 05:37 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
I can admit to this. I thought we would have been a much better offensive team this year with Markov and Subban on the back end on a fulltime basis.

To be honest, our defense has been pretty good this year in terms of scoring, I think we are top 5 or 6 in the league. It's our offense that has been putrid.

We just don't have the horses to run this stifling defensive system and score a lot of goals. For those of you who always compare the Sens that Martin coached, I'd like to remind you that the talent level in those teams was exponentially higher than anything we have on our team.

BTW - Martin must be ****ing with people as he had Halpern on a line with Cammy and Pleks today
The D wouldn't look so bad if the offense could actually score. I don't think the D is really that bad... I also think the D works harder than a lot of other D's in this league when you consider they spend most of their time in their zone. The forwards just can't sustain any pressure in the offensive zone, they can't ge tthe puck on the dump and chase. They can't win any puck battles...most lines can't cycle the puck. The BAD O makes the D look far worse.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:48 PM
habspinner

Francois Gagnon just tweeted that Martin said that yes he has a knee injury, and no his season is not over. Take it with a grain of salt obviously.

Old
02-21-2011, 06:57 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Cap hit stays. It was a 35+ contract.
Yes I know - force a move .

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 07:27 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Yes I know - force a move .
I understood it as if you thought that Spacek retiring or being loaned to a EU club will wipe his cap hit, which it won't.

Old
02-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If he goes to Europe it doesn't stay.

What's wrong with him anyways ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2011, 08:26 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If he goes to Europe it doesn't stay.

What's wrong with him anyways ?
He has a knee injury.

The 35+ contract is the absolute worst. Can't do anything with it other than leave him on IR. Nobody is going to take Spacek on, and especially not if this injury is of the serious nature.

It would be nice to have him back though. I think many underestimate his defensive game which can be very, very solid 5 on 5.