HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill X

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Scottkmlps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
If both where available who would you want the Kings going after??

Iginla or Vanek???
Easily Iginla.

Old
02-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Anjae11Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Easily Iginla.
Not so easy a decision for me. Sure Iginla's style of play can be a bit more appealing come play-off time, but the age difference is 7 years. In that 7 years Vanek could become a play-off horse, while Iginla declines. Contracts would also HAVE to be a factor.

Old
02-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Jungle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Booth hasn't been the same since his concussion, both his GM and coach agree. He gets like 10 shots a game but he can't score like he did.
If that´s really the case forget it. I´ve had my share of head injuries with Allison and Deadmarsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I don't see FLA moving Booth, young cap friendly forward with skill and some grit. FLA really doesn't have a reason to move him. Weiss is the guy FLA will probably move.
Actually i disagree with you. I think (and there are rumours) that FLA will go in full rebuilding mode and they don´t have much assets to trade on prospects and picks (just like Tallon did in CHI), so we could see Weiss, Reasoner, Booth, Higgins, Hordichuk, Dvorak, Allen, McCabe, Vokoun and Clemmensen moved by late February, play the kids for the rest of the season (guarantee a top 3 pick). and then sign some over priced free agents to play (while teaching the kids) until them are ready.

Old
02-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
If we were making a cup run, then Iginla, but if we are planning to compete for it for the long haul, then Vanek. I don't think Iginla will win us the cup before he fades.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Kings are not a team that is close to contending for the Cup, so I don't think they're in any position to trade for Iginla.

Old
02-09-2011, 01:02 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Iginla most likely wouldn't have been traded even if Calgary was still sucking. He definitely won't be traded now that they are fighting for a playoff spot.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:13 AM
johnjm22

I'm not going to argue about Vanek because it doesn't matter. He will never be a King as along as Dean Lombardi is GM.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:29 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

The Ducks just acquire Francois Beauchemin for RW Joffrey Lupul, D Jake Gardiner and a conditional 2013 draft pick.

It's on their twitter page

Old
02-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
The Ducks just acquire Francois Beauchemin for RW Joffrey Lupul, D Jake Gardiner and a conditional 2013 draft pick.

It's on their twitter page

The Ducks got robbed. In fact, I'm actually surprised the League allowed such a robbery to transpire.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:50 AM
johnjm22

Regardless if it was an overpayment or not, the Ducks needed a stay at home defensive defenseman, and that's what they got. Anaheim just got better.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Wow, what a bonehead move by the Ducks... How absolutely terrible can you get? Makes no sense whatsoever, it is like they believe they are going to compete for the cup this season... That is a top flight defensive prospect going the other way... For freakin' Beauchemin.....

Old
02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

You should see some of the proposals the Rangers want from us for Gaborik...YIKES way over payment.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:06 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Definite overpayment by the Ducks but improves them greatly for now. Also getting rid of Lupul is huge. This trade also shows once again how much HF over-rates prospects and futures. I think its definitely an overpayment but year in and year out you see these type of deals come again and GMs throwing "top prospects" for quick answers with their respective team fans complaining.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:14 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
You should see some of the proposals the Rangers want from us for Gaborik...YIKES way over payment.
WOW, you were not kidding:
Schenn/Forbort/Toffoli/1st
Williams or Simmonds, Brown, a 1st, and a prospect
Schenn + Simmonds + LA 1st + LA 2nd

So Dean is going to give-up all this for Gaborik on a contract that he refused to match a year and a half ago?

Old
02-09-2011, 12:19 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Wow, what a bonehead move by the Ducks... How absolutely terrible can you get? Makes no sense whatsoever, it is like they believe they are going to compete for the cup this season... That is a top flight defensive prospect going the other way... For freakin' Beauchemin.....
You underestimate Anaheim. They have good forwards and goaltending. If they get hot at the right time they can go far. Beachamin addresses a need they have right now.

This trade demonstrates two things IMO: (1) How overrated the trade value of prospects is on HF, and (2) How valuable defensive dmen are considered around the league.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
You underestimate Anaheim. They have good forwards and goaltending. If they get hot at the right time they can go far. Beachamin addresses a need they have right now.

This trade demonstrates two things IMO: (1) How overrated the trade value of prospects is on HF, and (2) How valuable defensive dmen are considered around the league.
Perhaps, but it is still a King's ransom to pay in a deal meant for a contender. I understand that they are slipping in the standings and are at risk of missing the playoffs, but this deal is something for a true cup contender. It screams mismanagement from the Ducks. There was no reason to throw away one of their top defensive prospects on one of the weakest teams defensively in hopes of a pipe dream this season. If the Ducks win the cup, I stand corrected, but in all likeliness, this deal is going to bite them in the ass in two years.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

I have to say, if I were Dean, I would be taking a long look at Gaborik. Glass or not, he can still score 40 goals even if he misses 10 games. It would be a little bitter trading for someone you could have signed for free a couple of years ago, but there were other options at the time, now there aren't... If his name comes up at the deadline, he is instantly the top winger available. I would use Vanek as a fallback point if I missed out on Gaborik. If you already admitted you would be willing to take on a contract like Gaborik's, then Vanek's comes into play. We need a stupid bonehead Ducks deal to get us back in the fight. It is time to get that winger... Then if all else fails, get Penner.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:29 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Perhaps, but it is still a King's ransom to pay in a deal meant for a contender. I understand that they are slipping in the standings and are at risk of missing the playoffs, but this deal is something for a true cup contender. It screams mismanagement from the Ducks. There was no reason to throw away one of their top defensive prospects on one of the weakest teams defensively in hopes of a pipe dream this season. If the Ducks win the cup, I stand corrected, but in all likeliness, this deal is going to bite them in the ass in two years.
Anaheim has been playing very well lately. They've been climbing the standings over the past month or so. They're 7-3-0 in their last 10, and this is without Getzlaf. Hiller has been out too.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:30 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:

Would you trade Derek Forbort, Justin Williams and a 4th RD pick for Francois Beauchemin lol? Or Wayne Simmonds instead of Williams? Nah.. none of us would, let's be realistic, this was the furthest thing from an even deal, the Ducks for ROBBED

Old
02-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Anaheim has been playing very well lately. They've been climbing the standings over the past month or so. They're 7-3-0 in their last 10, and this is without Getzlaf. Hiller has been out too.
And yet, they are only two points from playing with Tiger Woods. They need help to stay in this crazy race and they just got it, but at what cost? They may end up as fodder for the Canucks and then what? It is a crazy deal, no way is Beauchemin worth a roster player, 1st round pick, and a 4th.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
They're still slipping because they had about five more games played than everyone up until December/January and other teams are starting to catch up.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:35 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
If we were making a cup run, then Iginla, but if we are planning to compete for it for the long haul, then Vanek. I don't think Iginla will win us the cup before he fades.
What he said.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:37 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Would you trade Derek Forbort, Justin Williams and a 4th RD pick for Francois Beauchemin lol? Or Wayne Simmonds instead of Williams? Nah.. none of us would, let's be realistic, this was the furthest thing from an even deal, the Ducks for ROBBED
Completely different situation.

I'm not saying they didn't overpay. But they did address a specific need, and right now they're a better team for it.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

This was a merchant selling a bottle of water for $100 to a thirsty man in the desert. The only thing is that I hope this sparks Lombardi. The west is very ridiculous right now and these are the measures some teams are taking just to stay in it. He needs to be aggressive this deadline and take a mentality of not letting that deadline go by without a key offensive acquisition. I am liking the Sabres more and more looking at them. Vanek or Stafford would be an excellent pickup for us and I bet they are willing to deal. Using our treasure chest is becoming a need more than an option right about now. We can't wait around forever and keep telling the kids that they need to step up and get better, at some point, they are going to need something here to give them that boost up.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Completely different situation.

I'm not saying they didn't overpay. But they did address a specific need, and right now they're a better team for it.
Well let's just say we were in need of a defensive defenseman? Scuderi or Mitchell out for the year, hypothetically, would you make that trade?

Closed Thread