HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wild 6 Flames 0

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2011, 09:15 AM
  #1
StreakingRed
Win For Gio
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,149
vCash: 500
Wild 6 Flames 0

The Lines

A. Tanguay B. Morrison J. Iginla

R. Bourque O. Jokinen A. Kotalik

C. Glencross M. Stajan N. Hagman

D. Moss M. Backlund T. Jackman


The Pairings

R. Regehr J. Bouwmeester

M. Giordano C. Sarich/B. Mikkelson

A. Pardy A. Babchuk


The Goalies

M. Kiprusoff

H. Karlsson



Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...#ixzz1BUizxyr6


Last edited by StreakingRed: 01-19-2011 at 11:03 PM.
StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:24 AM
  #2
papaphilly
Registered User
 
papaphilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
The Lines

A. Tanguay B. Morrison J. Iginla

R. Bourque O. Jokinen A. Kotalik

C. Glencross M. Stajan N. Hagman

D. Moss M. Backlund T. Jackman


The Pairings

J. Bouwmeester A Pardy

M. Giordano C. Sarich/B. Mikkelson

A. Pardy A. Babchuk


The Goalies

M. Kiprusoff

H. Karlsson



Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...#ixzz1BUizxyr6
How come I don't see Reggie anywhere? Is he still hurt?

papaphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:52 AM
  #3
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaphilly View Post
How come I don't see Reggie anywhere? Is he still hurt?
he returned against Montreal, SR likely just pasted the lineup from a previous thread

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:58 AM
  #4
StreakingRed
Win For Gio
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
he returned against Montreal, SR likely just pasted the lineup from a previous thread

Nope, it's the lineup from the Game Day article in the Herald. See link.

Although these lineups in the Herald are never set in stone, so Regehr will likely be playing.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:07 AM
  #5
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Nope, it's the lineup from the Game Day article in the Herald. See link.

Although these lineups in the Herald are never set in stone, so Regehr will likely be playing.
i never click the links

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:38 AM
  #6
bigchief12
Registered User
 
bigchief12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
DailyFaceoff.com lineups:

Tanguay-Morrison-Iginla
Bourque-Jokinen-Kotalik
Glencross-Stajan-Hagman
Moss-Backlund-Jackman

Regehr-JBo
Gio-Sarich?
Pardy-Babchuk

Goal could be a coin toss. I think Sarich is still a game time decision and Staios has been cleared for a couple of games too so who knows if they throw him into the mix.

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:54 AM
  #7
Triple Deke
Registered User
 
Triple Deke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Wild played last night vs Oilers. So hopefully they'll be a bit tired.

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:16 PM
  #8
haQ Loob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Anyone else think Pardy should have been scratched for this game? He figured in directly on 2 goals against last game, and I also think he botched his defensive duties on the Subban OT goal.

I know you can't make lineup decisions on skaters solely based on their play last game, especially when some events could be attributed to bad luck, but I think he really stunk up the joint.

haQ Loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:19 PM
  #9
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haQ Loob View Post
Anyone else think Pardy should have been scratched for this game? He figured in directly on 2 goals against last game, and I also think he botched his defensive duties on the Subban OT goal.

I know you can't make lineup decisions on skaters solely based on their play last game, especially when some events could be attributed to bad luck, but I think he really stunk up the joint.
If anything this is the opposite of what they should do with him. The kid has played pretty well for the flames lately and everyone wants to throw him under the bus after a bad outing. The only thing I would 100% fault him for was the OT goal, the other plays had some bad luck mixed in.

Pardy is starting to show promise, the coaches should foster him through his mishaps at this stage. He needs more confidence to make the right decisions and he won't get that in the pressbox.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:25 PM
  #10
StreakingRed
Win For Gio
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
If anything this is the opposite of what they should do with him. The kid has played pretty well for the flames lately and everyone wants to throw him under the bus after a bad outing. The only thing I would 100% fault him for was the OT goal, the other plays had some bad luck mixed in.

I agree 100%.

Pardy didn't have a good game in Montreal, but he was excellent in Ottawa and Toronto.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
  #11
haQ Loob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
If anything this is the opposite of what they should do with him. The kid has played pretty well for the flames lately and everyone wants to throw him under the bus after a bad outing. The only thing I would 100% fault him for was the OT goal, the other plays had some bad luck mixed in.

Pardy is starting to show promise, the coaches should foster him through his mishaps at this stage. He needs more confidence to make the right decisions and he won't get that in the pressbox.
Point taken. JayBo turnovers and missed assignments from time to time haven't cost him a place in the lineup, so it's fair not to punish Pardy for an off game. But while he's just starting to show promise, do you not think it would be wiser to go a little lighter on the critical minutes? It would have been huge for team confidence if the Flames completed the comeback from down 4-0.

haQ Loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
  #12
getoverit
Registered User
 
getoverit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Pardy was brutal last game, although as a whole, he has been playing much better as of late.

So who on Minnesota is in a slump??
Be nice to see a game where we dominate both on ice and on the scoreboard. I know, a pipe dream but a guy can dream.
3-2 Minny, OT

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 04:46 PM
  #13
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
did you know if the teams ranked 9th to 15th in the West repeat the records from the last 10 game over their next 10 games we would be in a 3way tie for 9th

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:23 PM
  #14
SaintMorose
Registered User
 
SaintMorose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
did you know if the teams ranked 9th to 15th in the West repeat the records from the last 10 game over their next 10 games we would be in a 3way tie for 9th
10th Minne would still have a jump on us.

Also LA fans would be pissed....

Nice find though goes to show how close we could be by the deadline

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
  #15
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 23,318
vCash: 50
fourth game in six nights for the Wild...they looked tired last night so I can hardly wait to watch them shuffle listlessly around the rink tonight. You guys should have an easy one. Just dump and chase--no way we're going to be able to skate with you.

rynryn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:52 PM
  #16
MK9
Registered User
 
MK9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Andover, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
fourth game in six nights for the Wild...they looked tired last night so I can hardly wait to watch them shuffle listlessly around the rink tonight. You guys should have an easy one. Just dump and chase--no way we're going to be able to skate with you.
Wild have also been pretty crappy in the 2nd of back to backs this year. As usual.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
  #17
Flames 1st pick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,271
vCash: 500
Kipper cant stop anything remotely difficult...good job.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
  #18
StreakingRed
Win For Gio
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,149
vCash: 500
Good start boys...

Wake the **** up!

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:10 PM
  #19
King In The North
Sean Bennett
 
King In The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
fourth game in six nights for the Wild...they looked tired last night so I can hardly wait to watch them shuffle listlessly around the rink tonight. You guys should have an easy one. Just dump and chase--no way we're going to be able to skate with you.
I wish Calgary listened to your advice...

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
  #20
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,643
vCash: 50
completely ignored the period after the goals. ****ing boring when the flames face the wild. kipper needs the pick his game up..

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:25 PM
  #21
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Stewie Hockey™
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 8,082
vCash: 1451
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
completely ignored the period after the goals. ****ing boring when the flames face the wild. kipper needs the pick his game up..
This will entertain you - found it on the main boards. http://fuldans.se/?v=xapeifcwtg

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:44 PM
  #22
StreakingRed
Win For Gio
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,149
vCash: 500
That's the kind of PK that can turn a game around. Nice work.

Glencross owes the team a round of beers.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
  #23
crazyforhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
This will entertain you - found it on the main boards. http://fuldans.se/?v=xapeifcwtg
that is so addictive......i wonder if his teamates put in on to bug him

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:08 PM
  #24
Grannys
Registered User
 
Grannys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London, UK
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
holy moly the Flames look like a pile of serious cow dung out there!!!! they were skating around like a bunch of 95 year old grandpas with bad hips. JEEEEEEBUS!!!!!!

game over.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:08 PM
  #25
StreakingRed
Win For Gio
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
That's the kind of PK that can turn a game around.

... or not.

3-0.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.