HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2010-2011 (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Toro

vCash: 500
Trotter coming back is better than him not.

He is still a top forward in the A and is still developing. He could be another D'agostini.

Old
06-12-2011, 07:34 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Trotter coming back is better than him not.

He is still a top forward in the A and is still developing. He could be another D'agostini.
He's too small. Plays too small too.

Old
06-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
He's too small. Plays too small too.
is he not still a top player in the A and at least on the level of a d'agostini who can be included in a trade or a decent callup? he is still young and probably has gotten better playing in the KHL and clearly developed into a top player on his team throughout the season and playoff.

He is an asset that has potential. And you will cheer his goals this year in Hamilton.

Old
06-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think if Trotter comes back he'd probably want a pretty good shot at a regular NHL spot or at least a 1 way contract. I'm sure he can make almost a mil in Russia so he won't want to play for 80-100k in the AHL.

Problem is with the current roster, barring a trade, his spot is sort of taken by Desharnais as C/W in the bottom 6.
He only made 250k in the KHL and the Habs can easily match that to be the leading scorer for Hamilton in the Nigel Dawes role. This what he'd come over as, not as a replacement or competitor to Pouliot and Desharnais but a replacement for Dawes/Boyd on the farm team.

Old
06-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
He only made 250k in the KHL and the Habs can easily match that to be the leading scorer for Hamilton in the Nigel Dawes role. This what he'd come over as, not as a replacement or competitor to Pouliot and Desharnais but a replacement for Dawes/Boyd on the farm team.
I think they'd probably offer him 550-600k in a one way, that would make him less attractive to be picked on wivers if he is cvut and found no takers via trade. Most teams don't want to pay 600k to an AHLer.

Old
06-12-2011, 09:14 PM
S Bah

Quote:
I think they'd probably offer him 550-600k in a one way, that would make him less attractive to be picked on wivers if he is cvut and found no takers via trade. Most teams don't want to pay 600k to an AHLer.
Leblanc,Avtsin and Brock Trotter on the first line for the Bulldogs.Naatinen,Dumont and Berger on the 2nd line.Engqvist,Conboy and Palushaj the 3rd line.Schultz,Bonneau and White the you better behave yourself line or (The Intimidation Line)or the Bottom Line.

Old
06-12-2011, 09:18 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Leblanc,Avtsin and Brock Trotter on the first line for the Bulldogs.Naatinen,Dumont and Berger on the 2nd line.Engqvist,Conboy and Palushaj the 3rd line.Schultz,Bonneau and White the you better behave yourself line or (The Intimidation Line)or the Bottom Line.
You can't be serial. Palushaj is far and away the best offensive weapon Hamilton has.

Old
06-12-2011, 09:53 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
You can't be serial. Palushaj is far and away the best offensive weapon Hamilton has.
When he was 22, Trotter put up 77 points for the Dogs

When he was 22, Palushaj put up 57 points for the Dogs

Given those numbers it's tough to say the Palushaj is the superior offensive weapon

Old
06-12-2011, 10:23 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post

Given those numbers it's tough to say the Palushaj is the superior offensive weapon
Palushaj is more valuable. He is much bigger and can score in front of the net.

Old
06-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Felkov

Next year's lineup:

Trotter-Leblanc-Palushaj
Berger-Engqvist-Avtsin
Russell-Nattinen-Dumont
Conboy-Fortier-Schultz

Nash-Diaz
St.Denis-Henry
Stejskal-Carle

MacIntyre
Mayer/Delmas

Looks good, probably not a championship team, but a young and fun team to watch.

Old
06-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

How much of Trotter's points were due to playing with a premier AHL playmaker like Desharnais?

Regardless, they should together anchor the Dog's first line next year with Leblanc as their most likely center. Unless someone else is added or Trotter plays center with Leblanc on the second line.

Putting Palushaj on the third line would be asinine.

Old
06-13-2011, 12:22 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
How much of Trotter's points were due to playing with a premier AHL playmaker like Desharnais?

Regardless, they should together anchor the Dog's first line next year with Leblanc as their most likely center. Unless someone else is added or Trotter plays center with Leblanc on the second line.

Putting Palushaj on the third line would be asinine.
I'm pretty sure any lines that I make up won't be used and most players will be on every line at one time or another.

Old
06-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Much bigger? he's 5'11" 177lbs, I'm sure Trotter is bigger than that.

Old
06-13-2011, 08:26 AM
ScopeHockey

Quote:

Palushaj's never been 22.

Old
06-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Indeed, he turns 22 in September.

Still not liking the 'Dogs depth at center with Leblanc / Engqvist / Nattinen, but I guess for development sake, it'll have to do (unless they bring in a center and play Leblanc on the wing).

Trotter - Leblanc - Palushaj
Dumont - Engqvist - Avtsin
Berger - Nattinen - Conboy
Lefebvre - Fortier - Schultz

Bishop, Masse

Old
06-13-2011, 10:05 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Palushaj is bigger than Trotter....

Old
06-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Palushaj is bigger than Trotter....
Trotter weighs in at 5'10", 180, so their size is comparable (Palush a little bigger). Neither is particularly large, but would look like a giant playing on a line with Desharnais and Gionta.

Old
06-13-2011, 10:27 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Neither should we want to pay someone 600K to play in the AHL. Last year Sanford was the highest paid Dog, making around 200K, I could see Trotter getting that but would be very very shocked if he got a one way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
White will not be on the Dogs next year. Palushaj was the 2nd best scorer on the team and you have him on the 3rd line? Engqvist would likely be on the 2nd line over Nattinen imo.

Quote:

Trotter is highly skilled but his numbers benefitted from playing on the wing to Desharnais. It's funny how everyone seems to do better once they get on DD's wing. Glumac, Palushaj, Trotter, Pacioretty, etc...

That said Trotter is likely more skilled then Palushaj but Palushaj is better all round. Would make for a good line if you throw in an offensive center like Leblanc.

Quote:
I don't know what Trotter is weighing in at nowadays but in Hamilton he was 5'9 or 5'10 and around 177/180. Palushaj is likely a little bigger unless Trotter put on some pounds this past year.

Old
06-13-2011, 02:05 PM
HCH

Quote:
Now you are changing your story.

And really, who cares where a player scores from, as long as he scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Trotter is highly skilled but his numbers benefitted from playing on the wing to Desharnais. It's funny how everyone seems to do better once they get on DD's wing. Glumac, Palushaj, Trotter, Pacioretty, etc...

That said Trotter is likely more skilled then Palushaj but Palushaj is better all round. Would make for a good line if you throw in an offensive center like Leblanc.
Not to take anything away from Palushaj but his numbers took off after Dawes was signed.

Old
06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Neither should we want to pay someone 600K to play in the AHL. Last year Sanford was the highest paid Dog, making around 200K, I could see Trotter getting that but would be very very shocked if he got a one way.
Wasn't Boyd on a one way making hi the highest paid Dog? Also, any idea what Henry would make?

Old
06-13-2011, 02:41 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
My apologies for rounding off the numbers. You are absolutely right. I guess the more accurate numbers would have been Trotter put up 49 points while Palushaj put up 57 points in fewer games.

However, saying the Palushaj is clearly a superior offensive threat might be stretching it a bit. The fact is, I am glad to have BOTH of them in the organization.

The one thing I would like to know is the waiver status of Trotter. Would he have to clear waivers this season. If he does, it throws a completely different light on the situation.

Old
06-13-2011, 02:48 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Now you are changing your story.

And really, who cares where a player scores from, as long as he scores.
Palushaj is bigger, more valuable, and better in front of the net, what the HABS need. I can't see Trotter playing in the NHL for us.

Old
06-13-2011, 03:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Not to take anything away from Palushaj but his numbers took off after Dawes was signed.
Not really, Palushaj did go on tear once he came back from his callup with the Habs, but he was 2nd on the team in scoring almost the entire year. Granted the line of Dawes Boyd Palushaj did work well together, but Palushaj was putting up points all year long, it's not to say that Dawes didnt' help, cause he surely did since he was the top goal scorer in the AHL but I wouldn't say his numbers took off after Dawes was acquired on Feb 24th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Wasn't Boyd on a one way making hi the highest paid Dog? Also, any idea what Henry would make?
I thought Boyd was on a two way. Henry made the same as Sanford, both made 200K in the AHL.

Quote:
The one thing I would like to know is the waiver status of Trotter. Would he have to clear waivers this season. If he does, it throws a completely different light on the situation.
Trotter would have to clear waivers to play in the AHL, would think he would pass through.

Old
06-13-2011, 03:47 PM
HCH

Quote:
Not really, Palushaj did go on tear once he came back from his callup with the Habs, but he was 2nd on the team in scoring almost the entire year. Granted the line of Dawes Boyd Palushaj did work well together, but Palushaj was putting up points all year long, it's not to say that Dawes didnt' help, cause he surely did since he was the top goal scorer in the AHL but I wouldn't say his numbers took off after Dawes was acquired on Feb 24th.
Not to nitpick, but Palushaj was scoring at about .70 points per game until Dawes joined them team and from then on he scored at 1.15 points per game. Over the course of a year that is a lot of points.

Quote:
Trotter would have to clear waivers to play in the AHL, would think he would pass through.
That's good to know but it might be tempting for small market teams to take a flyer on guys like Trotter and Carle. When you see some of the non-talent gracing various rosters it might be a cheap upgrade. I would hate to revert back to the days when we lost players like Hainsey, Beauchemin and Bouillon for nothing. Each one of them had to be worth more than the waiver fee that we got for them.

Old
06-13-2011, 04:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Not to nitpick, but Palushaj was scoring at about .70 points per game until Dawes joined them team and from then on he scored at 1.15 points per game. Over the course of a year that is a lot of points.
He picked up 13 pts in 9 games after coming back from the Habs though, and as someone that watched every game imo he looked his best then. Of course having the best goal scorer in the league helps but Palushaj just upped his game after coming back from the Habs and it showed on the scoresheet.

Also early on in the season he had a couple injuries that he played through, the coaching staff sat him for a few games so that he could heal up, it hurt his production. Look at his start to the season he had 14 pts in the first 10 games, although he was helped by having DD on his line.

Closed Thread