HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2010-2011 (Part 2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2011, 04:37 PM
  #801
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He picked up 13 pts in 9 games after coming back from the Habs though, and as someone that watched every game imo he looked his best then. Of course having the best goal scorer in the league helps but Palushaj just upped his game after coming back from the Habs and it showed on the scoresheet.

Also early on in the season he had a couple injuries that he played through, the coaching staff sat him for a few games so that he could heal up, it hurt his production. Look at his start to the season he had 14 pts in the first 10 games, although he was helped by having DD on his line.
Isn't it great to have a discussion about how well players are doing rather than how badly they are doing. Both Trotter and Palushaj have the ability to make positive contributions and building organizational depth is never a bad thing.

HCH is offline  
Old
06-13-2011, 06:35 PM
  #802
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
I guess Im one of the very few who has Palushaj making the team..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
06-13-2011, 06:56 PM
  #803
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I guess Im one of the very few who has Palushaj making the team..
I see it like DD/Wolverine this year.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
06-13-2011, 11:18 PM
  #804
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I see it like DD/Wolverine this year.
So does that mean the Habs start a line of Desharnais between Cammalleri and Pacioretty.Two out of three Wolverines the Habs have the other Palushaj.

S Bah is offline  
Old
06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
  #805
pc_md
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Trotter-Leblanc-Palushaj
Berger-Engqvist-Avtsin
Russell-Nattinen-Dumont
Conboy-Fortier-Schultz

Nash-Diaz
St.Denis-Henry
Stejskal-Carle

MacIntyre
Mayer/Delmas
I don't understand why so many of you do not include Wyman in the lineup for next year, but include guys like Russel. Wyman has been one of the best defensive forward and has had almost 20 goals in his last two seasons. He also has played 3 NHL games. Unless there is something that I don't know (I have a life outside hockey and I have not read every article on the subject), I don't see why we would not sign him to an extra year.

NB I have nothing against Russel and I like his speed, his determination and his defensive awareness... I am just surprised everybody has him ahead of Wyman in our depth chart.

Feel free to comment !

pc_md is offline  
Old
06-14-2011, 09:31 PM
  #806
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
I don't understand why so many of you do not include Wyman in the lineup for next year, but include guys like Russel. Wyman has been one of the best defensive forward and has had almost 20 goals in his last two seasons. He also has played 3 NHL games. Unless there is something that I don't know (I have a life outside hockey and I have not read every article on the subject), I don't see why we would not sign him to an extra year.

NB I have nothing against Russel and I like his speed, his determination and his defensive awareness... I am just surprised everybody has him ahead of Wyman in our depth chart.

Feel free to comment !
Wyman is a UFA this summer. I think its not so much not liking him as not thinking he'll be back.

Talks to Goalposts is online now  
Old
06-15-2011, 06:26 AM
  #807
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Wyman is a UFA this summer. I think its not so much not liking him as not thinking he'll be back.
Why would he not be back? He is a JM type player, I think they'll try and re-sign him, I doubt he is the type player that he can sign somewhere and jump into their top 12 right away.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-15-2011, 08:37 AM
  #808
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
I don't understand why so many of you do not include Wyman in the lineup for next year, but include guys like Russel. Wyman has been one of the best defensive forward and has had almost 20 goals in his last two seasons. He also has played 3 NHL games. Unless there is something that I don't know (I have a life outside hockey and I have not read every article on the subject), I don't see why we would not sign him to an extra year.

NB I have nothing against Russel and I like his speed, his determination and his defensive awareness... I am just surprised everybody has him ahead of Wyman in our depth chart.

Feel free to comment !
The free agent issue is a big one. Wyman is a UFA and Russell is an RFA. It is the only reason why Russell might be rated above him. Wyman is way bigger, an excellent skater and can play defense in a pinch. However, Wyman may feel he has a better shot at the NHL with another organization so my guess is that he will move on.

HCH is offline  
Old
06-15-2011, 07:58 PM
  #809
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
The free agent issue is a big one. Wyman is a UFA and Russell is an RFA. It is the only reason why Russell might be rated above him. Wyman is way bigger, an excellent skater and can play defense in a pinch. However, Wyman may feel he has a better shot at the NHL with another organization so my guess is that he will move on.
Wyman gives it his all every shift and he's a veteran now.I don't think he'll be claimed off of the waiver wire,Carle might it depends on how early he's sent down.If he's in with the first wave of players to Hamilton no team will have any interest its the players that are final cuts other teams will show interest in acquiring.

S Bah is offline  
Old
06-17-2011, 12:20 PM
  #810
Chris Nilan
Registered User
 
Chris Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
I don't understand why so many of you do not include Wyman in the lineup for next year, but include guys like Russel. Wyman has been one of the best defensive forward and has had almost 20 goals in his last two seasons. He also has played 3 NHL games. Unless there is something that I don't know (I have a life outside hockey and I have not read every article on the subject), I don't see why we would not sign him to an extra year.

NB I have nothing against Russel and I like his speed, his determination and his defensive awareness... I am just surprised everybody has him ahead of Wyman in our depth chart.

Feel free to comment !
Hmm. Too early to comment. I'm going to wait, though, for the usual dude from Hamilton to complain about how the Canadiens don't give them any respect and don't put players there when they need them, as they did right around the time Gauthier landed Dawes and McIntyre for the playoff run. You know, the same guys who then complain that Dawes isn't getting respect, and therefore, neither is Hamilton, when he doesn't get called up. You know, the same guys who still haven't apologized to Gainey for sending that untested Jr. A. goalie down to play in the playoffs. Once these guys have given their pronouncements, then we can really start assessing the team based on their insights about Hamilton being disrespected again.

Truthfully, though, Htown is going to be tricky to suss out because of all the 3rd year players, the free agents in Mtl and the graduating jr and college guys. It may be a completely remade team and we may not know anything solid until the last week of NHL camp. For real. I can actually see Gauthier needing to be active in the waiver wire stuff -- a first in a long time for Mtl.

Chris Nilan is offline  
Old
06-17-2011, 12:49 PM
  #811
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Wyman gives it his all every shift and he's a veteran now.I don't think he'll be claimed off of the waiver wire,Carle might it depends on how early he's sent down.If he's in with the first wave of players to Hamilton no team will have any interest its the players that are final cuts other teams will show interest in acquiring.
Carle and Wyman should be good candidates to be the 7th d-man and the 13th forward...but Habs have no place for them, unless tons of injuries occur in the pre season. Wyman is UFA anyway and could probably sign for another org next July.

habitue* is offline  
Old
06-17-2011, 02:39 PM
  #812
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,403
vCash: 500
Gallagher and Bournival to Team Canada summer camp...

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...58/la_id/1.htm

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-19-2011, 08:10 AM
  #813
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 50
I think with Trotter and Palushaj the Bulldogs should sign Alex Giroux as their LW.This would take a little heat off the rookies and help with teaching them the little things in the AHL.Leblanc and Naatinen will benefit from having Trotter back in the lineup.

S Bah is offline  
Old
06-21-2011, 12:24 AM
  #814
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Carle and Wyman should be good candidates to be the 7th d-man and the 13th forward...but Habs have no place for them, unless tons of injuries occur in the pre season. Wyman is UFA anyway and could probably sign for another org next July.
Gauthier knows the value of his players in Hamilton and he wants his prospects playing in a winning environment.Carle and Wyman have been in the Habs system for three and seven years respectively they are veterans with Hamilton.They epitomize the type of players the Habs want and are great examples to young players that are just starting their careers.They will be signed or traded if that's their wish the Habs never try to hold players or coaches from pursuing better options.One of the reasons players want to be in the Habs organization like they did in the 70's.

S Bah is offline  
Old
06-22-2011, 01:18 AM
  #815
NWT Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Pam.....good points, as Wyman and the Dogs/Habs should be a slam dunk. However, with Dawes and Boyd both going to the KHL, and with Leblanc, Lefebvre, Nattinen and Berger all being first year forwards in the pros, they need to find some vets to complement the mix. Some of the kids may see some ECHL time, but it still a very young AHL roster as it stands now. The Trotter rumour may help, but that would still be one seriously young Bulldogs team depending on the final roster moves in the next few weeks or so.

You want to develop your kids first and foremost. You also don't mind getting them playing in a winning attitude and organization. Finding that perfect balance is tough in the AHL, but the Habs/Dogs have really done well since the split from the joint farm team with the Oil (and boy oh boy was that a stacked farm team!!). Coach Cunneyworth really gets that his goal is not to have the kids long term, so that takes a different mind set to how you approach developing your team success and individual development. Despite that, game seven in the semis twice in a row is not a bad measure of success on what was quite young and inexperienced teams overall.

NWT Habs Fan is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 03:25 PM
  #816
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He picked up 13 pts in 9 games after coming back from the Habs though, and as someone that watched every game imo he looked his best then. Of course having the best goal scorer in the league helps but Palushaj just upped his game after coming back from the Habs and it showed on the scoresheet.

Also early on in the season he had a couple injuries that he played through, the coaching staff sat him for a few games so that he could heal up, it hurt his production. Look at his start to the season he had 14 pts in the first 10 games, although he was helped by having DD on his line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Not to nitpick, but Palushaj was scoring at about .70 points per game until Dawes joined them team and from then on he scored at 1.15 points per game. Over the course of a year that is a lot of points.




That's good to know but it might be tempting for small market teams to take a flyer on guys like Trotter and Carle. When you see some of the non-talent gracing various rosters it might be a cheap upgrade. I would hate to revert back to the days when we lost players like Hainsey, Beauchemin and Bouillon for nothing. Each one of them had to be worth more than the waiver fee that we got for them.
This is all good stuff. I came here to read what you thought of Palushaj and it appears that at least some of you like him. We Blues fans were sad to see him go, but a couple of us are trying to figure out what it would take to get him back.

Montreal is my new favorite team in the Eastern Conference, but I am still learning about the prospects in your system.

I know that Montreal just re-signed Markov, which is great, but, after that, your team has issues on defense.

You have a couple of prospects in Weber and Tinordi, but the organization may need more defensive depth.

What do you think?

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 03:29 PM
  #817
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
This is all good stuff. I came here to read what you thought of Palushaj and it appears that at least some of you like him. We Blues fans were sad to see him go, but a couple of us are trying to figure out what it would take to get him back.

Montreal is my new favorite team in the Eastern Conference, but I am still learning about the prospects in your system.

I know that Montreal just re-signed Markov, which is great, but, after that, your team has issues on defense.

You have a couple of prospects in Weber and Tinordi, but the organization may need more defensive depth.

What do you think?
Palushaj has picked it up from last season, shown good progress and should get some more games with the Habs next year so we can't really afford to move him as our prospect depth has taken a hit this year after losing Eller, White, Desharnais, and Weber to the NHL full time.

Yes we need to improve our defensive depth, we are thin at LD and physical D men.

montreal is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 03:30 PM
  #818
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
I know that Montreal just re-signed Markov, which is great, but, after that, your team has issues on defense.

You have a couple of prospects in Weber and Tinordi, but the organization may need more defensive depth.

What do you think?
Defense and goaltending are strong points. At least at the NHL level. But it's true that the organizational depth chart is thin on D. I think we're looking at a defense of:
Markov-Gorges
Gill-Subban
Spacek/Weber/Emelin/UFA

... which feels very strong. AHL/prospect level isn't so well off, though. Tinordi and Mac Bennett are the ones I like as prospects. Nash is the best hope IMHO at the AHL level. Diaz might supplant him. It's at least a few bodies. But no blue chipper now that Subban has moved up.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 03:35 PM
  #819
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
This is all good stuff. I came here to read what you thought of Palushaj and it appears that at least some of you like him. We Blues fans were sad to see him go, but a couple of us are trying to figure out what it would take to get him back.

Montreal is my new favorite team in the Eastern Conference, but I am still learning about the prospects in your system.

I know that Montreal just re-signed Markov, which is great, but, after that, your team has issues on defense.

You have a couple of prospects in Weber and Tinordi, but the organization may need more defensive depth.

What do you think?
A bit low on defensive prospects, but that's just because we've developed a bunch into young NHLers. With Gorges, Subban, Yemilin and Weber as the future on the blueline its not an area of immediate need. They'll likely pick up a bunch in the following draft years to restart the process. Diaz might be a nice pick up for the future as well.

The current Habs system situation is that they are fairly thin prospect wise everywhere but RW because of a wave of graduations. In the past year they've turned Eller, Subban, Desharnias, Pacioretty, Weber, White and I guess you could add Yemelin now as NHL players which is about 2-3 years worth of graduations over a short period of time.

Talks to Goalposts is online now  
Old
06-24-2011, 03:56 PM
  #820
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
Great responses.

Jonas Junland is a defensive prospect in the Blues' system who wants a shot in the NHL, but is tired of the AHL. Wanna of "those guys".

He played with Peoria (Blues' farm team) for a bit, but went back to Sweden.

Junland should have stayed in North American because last season he would have had his chance to crack the squad, but he blew it by going to back to Sweden. Maybe it's the meatballs? --

But he's very good. He's got size, presence on the ice, decent backwards mobility, can read the play in front of him and can provide offense.

I'd like to keep this out of the proposal thread, but how's Junland for Palushaj straight up?

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 03:59 PM
  #821
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Great responses.

Jonas Junland is a defensive prospect in the Blues' system who wants a shot in the NHL, but is tired of the AHL. Wanna of "those guys".

He played with Peoria (Blues' farm team) for a bit, but went back to Sweden.

Junland should have stayed in North American because last season he would have had his chance to crack the squad, but he blew it by going to back to Sweden. Maybe it's the meatballs? --

But he's very good. He's got size, presence on the ice, decent backwards mobility, can read the play in front of him and can provide offense.

I'd like to keep this out of the proposal thread, but how's Junland for Palushaj straight up?
I was impressed with Junland when I saw him in the AHL against Hamilton, so I would be all over that but I don't think it would work as we need D prospects at the AHL and junior level not the NHL level.

montreal is offline  
Old
06-24-2011, 04:01 PM
  #822
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Great responses.

Jonas Junland is a defensive prospect in the Blues' system who wants a shot in the NHL, but is tired of the AHL. Wanna of "those guys".

He played with Peoria (Blues' farm team) for a bit, but went back to Sweden.

Junland should have stayed in North American because last season he would have had his chance to crack the squad, but he blew it by going to back to Sweden. Maybe it's the meatballs? --

But he's very good. He's got size, presence on the ice, decent backwards mobility, can read the play in front of him and can provide offense.

I'd like to keep this out of the proposal thread, but how's Junland for Palushaj straight up?
Frankly, the Habs are crammed for with guys looking for their break into the NHL right now with Weber, Yemelin and Diaz looking to overcome the aging vets. Any defenseman the Habs would want for Palushaj is one a bit further back in development that will get his shot a few years down the road.

Talks to Goalposts is online now  
Old
06-24-2011, 04:45 PM
  #823
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
I hear ya fellas!

While many of us Blues fan want Palushaj back, he's still a great fit for your team!!

It's good to see the fans starting to see how good Palushaj can be.

He's not primarily a goal-scorer and will not be asked to do so with Montreal, but he provides depth at the most and a great 3rd line PK/checking line specialist at the least.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 08:12 PM
  #824
Count of DannyKristo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,154
vCash: 500
2012/13 will be a very interesting year for Hamilton because so many Habs prospects may be rookies in the AHL that year.

Forward
Michal Bournival
Brendan Gallagher
Danny Kristo
Steve Quailer

Defence
Nathan Beaulieu
Jarred Tinordi
Greg Pateryn
Morgan Ellis

There's also Scott Kishel who I assume will not be offered a contract. Would they ever go with four rookies on D?

Count of DannyKristo is offline  
Old
06-25-2011, 08:20 PM
  #825
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,289
vCash: 500
So... when's Leblanc gonna be announced as a roster player in Hamilton?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.