HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Gaborik for Brown?

View Poll Results: Gaborik for Brown?
Yes to Gaborik for Brown 16 13.01%
Yes to Gaborik for Brown + 32 26.02%
No thanks. This thread is terrible! 75 60.98%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
  #51
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
I would be open to trade Gaborik like what I said earlier in here.

The question is, would you trade Gaborik if he was having a similar season to last year's? Would this even be coming up?

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:25 PM
  #52
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I would be open to trade Gaborik like what I said earlier in here.

The question is, would you trade Gaborik if he was having a similar season to last year's? Would this even be coming up?
less likely but Brown + Schenn would be a sweet and tempting package to most Ranger fans at any time. I doubt LA fans would ever do that but then I remember this guy



and think it's got to be possible!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:01 PM
  #53
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,658
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
wow people are voting yes? gabby is slumping but wow....they are a total different class of player talent wise. brown is a good young power forward who is producing now but is not near the scorer gabby is. in fact if you were to put brown on the rangers today his production would drop dramatically cause LA has a lot more offensive talent than the rangers do.

RangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:40 PM
  #54
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
LOL......Is everyone giving up on Gaborik already? What are you guys going to do when he has his hattrick tonight?

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:58 PM
  #55
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Some fans are just pathetic. The impatience on this board is appalling.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
  #56
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823
 
Blatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @blatantlacrosse
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Some fans are just pathetic. The impatience on this board is appalling.
Agree.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:38 PM
  #57
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,058
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
LOL......Is everyone giving up on Gaborik already? What are you guys going to do when he has his hattrick tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Is the correct answer. Need consistency, not hat-tricks once a month against teams they should beat anyway.
this is true.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
  #58
Cermi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 996
vCash: 500
4+ goals tonight - maybe he read this thread and got angry...

Cermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
  #59
Sports Archaeologist
Registered User
 
Sports Archaeologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 388
vCash: 500
Let's trade Lundqvist while we're at it. PROSPECTS AND PICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sports Archaeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
  #60
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,920
vCash: 500
I think it's a fair conclusion to assume Gaborik isn't a fan of LA.

__________________
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:35 PM
  #61
Skrimpy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cermi View Post
4+ goals tonight - maybe he read this thread and got angry...
I hope so but I still say there is something wrong with him.

Giannone: "Sam, he's flying all over the ice"

Really? Where has he been since the Islander game? Where was he when it would have made a difference? Big game breaker. I'd prefer to eat my words. I'd love him to take over a game against a good team. Until then the only thing I'm eating is dinner.

BTW, Dubinsky and Fedotenko out now too? My goodness, who is next? It will be a miracle if they make the playoffs because it will be the Connecticut Whale playing.

Skrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:38 PM
  #62
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,242
vCash: 50
lol how many ppl clicked "no way" after this game tonight?

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:39 PM
  #63
asparkoflife
Registered User
 
asparkoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
I hope so but I still say there is something wrong with him.

Giannone: "Sam, he's flying all over the ice"

Really? Where has he been since the Islander game? Where was he when it would have made a difference? Big game breaker. I'd prefer to eat my words. I'd love him to take over a game against a good team. Until then the only thing I'm eating is dinner.

BTW, Dubinsky and Fedotenko out now too? My goodness, who is next? It will be a miracle if they make the playoffs because it will be the Connecticut Whale playing.

Gaborik has been really good the lat 3 or 4 games, if youve been watching. He just couldnt pot one.

Such a positive outlook you have.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:18 PM
  #64
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
NYR fans are bipolar.


Last edited by HeaveHo94: 01-20-2011 at 06:54 AM.
HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:45 PM
  #65
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...
 
Mint Berry Crunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
NYR fan are bipolar.
I would go as far as saying all New York sports fans are bipolar.

- Psychologist in Training

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:22 PM
  #66
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,826
vCash: 500
Sell HIGH!!


mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
  #67
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
NYR fan are bipolar.
Is that in the DSM?

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:43 PM
  #68
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cermi View Post
4+ goals tonight - maybe he read this thread and got angry...
I'll make sure to post whenever he is slumping

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:56 PM
  #69
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
LOL......Is everyone giving up on Gaborik already? What are you guys going to do when he has his hattrick tonight?
Seems you can predict more than just the weather...

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:47 AM
  #70
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,783
vCash: 500
i think ppl are vastly underrating Dustin Brown over here. This isn't about just giving up on Gabby, this is trading Gabby for a guy who is a 50-60 point player, never misses a game, oozes leadership, hits like a mack truck loaded with bricks, never takes a shift off, and, oh yeah, is just 26 years old.

Again, I wouldnt trade Gabby straight up for Brown, but Brown + a high prospect a-la Schenn, and yes, I would do it.

Gabby is an elite player, make no mistake about it, but Dustin Brown is exactly the type of player the Rangers are trying to build through their system. This guy is, imho, a clone of what Brandon Dubinsky is to us, only he's been doing it for the last 6 years.

Brown is a big time player and id love to have him on the Rangers.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:14 AM
  #71
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
I like Brown and I get the whole younger, cheaper argument.

But, in my opinion, Brown is a very nice, but not elite, player. If I'm moving Gaborik, I have to replace him with an elite player.

To me, Dustin Brown is a more consistent version of the player we hope a guy like Dubinsky becomes on a permanent basis.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:15 AM
  #72
GregNYR19
agitator
 
GregNYR19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
well last year dustin brown had 56 pts...gaborik had 84. this year in 46 games, brown has 36 pts. in 24 games gaborik has 29 pts im pretty sure....thats NOT MORE THAN HALF THE PRODUCTION...3 hat tricks in one season the most since jaromir jagr in 05-06. maybe u posted this thread because gaborik has been injured. but almost a point per game is pretty decent to me. but u would want to trade our most prolific scorer for a guy who put up 60 pts once in his career....no thanks

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:22 AM
  #73
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i think ppl are vastly underrating Dustin Brown over here. This isn't about just giving up on Gabby, this is trading Gabby for a guy who is a 50-60 point player, never misses a game, oozes leadership, hits like a mack truck loaded with bricks, never takes a shift off, and, oh yeah, is just 26 years old.

Again, I wouldnt trade Gabby straight up for Brown, but Brown + a high prospect a-la Schenn, and yes, I would do it.

Gabby is an elite player, make no mistake about it, but Dustin Brown is exactly the type of player the Rangers are trying to build through their system. This guy is, imho, a clone of what Brandon Dubinsky is to us, only he's been doing it for the last 6 years.

Brown is a big time player and id love to have him on the Rangers.
I think he'd fit perfectly on the same team as guys like Callahan and Dubinsky. Having said that, there aren't many guys with the skill level that Gaborik has.

If anything, I think Brown, at least from a point producing standpoint, is slightly overrated. Love the game he plays, but that's also part of the danger. Those heart and soul, gritty types always seem to attract people a little easier than the guys who are elite scorers, but don't have much of a physical presence out there.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:48 AM
  #74
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I think he'd fit perfectly on the same team as guys like Callahan and Dubinsky. Having said that, there aren't many guys with the skill level that Gaborik has.

If anything, I think Brown, at least from a point producing standpoint, is slightly overrated. Love the game he plays, but that's also part of the danger. Those heart and soul, gritty types always seem to attract people a little easier than the guys who are elite scorers, but don't have much of a physical presence out there.
so you wouldnt do Brown and Schenn for Gabby?

Let me reiterate though that i love Marian Gaborik, and I was leading the charge for us to sign him during his free agent year. And there is no way shape or form i would do gabby for Brown straight up.

Gabbys physical presence, etc, doesnt bother me. His injury history/concern has never scared me away.

With that said, I think youre underrating Brown/Dubinsky a little bit. Ill agree with you that Brown is basically already what we hope Dubi can be. I just happen to think thats a lot more valuable than you do. :-D

I also like Schenns game a lot. I think he'd become our top prospect right away.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:49 AM
  #75
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Dustin Brown is my favorite player in the league (along with Datsyuk of course), but I still would never do it.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.