HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky out 3-4 weeks with stress fracture in leg

Old
01-19-2011, 07:05 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
This team is headed for a free fall. Mark my words.
Yep, called it a while ago.

The injuries aren't helping but it would've happened anyway. The most likely scenario for the rest of this season is: .500 or barely that for the next 15-20 games. Then, a dogfight of a rush (like every season), and a hot streak needed just to barely squeeze into the playoffs, only to lose in the first round to a lower-seeded team.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

as long as we can hold on to our playoff spot and everyone gets healthy before the final 12 game push when the Rangers will wake up and play the best hockey of the season.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
broadwayblue

Why are so many Rangers fans always waiting for the sky to fall? Yes, losing Dubi is a big loss. But there are 20 other guys on the team. They need to step up while he's out. This isn't game over like some of you would believe. No need to waive the white flags just yet. Plenty more hockey to be played this season...just need to play them one at a time.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
this is ****ing gaaabage

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Why are so many Rangers fans always waiting for the sky to fall? Yes, losing Dubi is a big loss. But there are 20 other guys on the team. They need to step up while he's out. This isn't game over like some of you would believe. No need to waive the white flags just yet. Plenty more hockey to be played this season...just need to play them one at a time.
and dude. no one likes to see the best player on their team get injured. yes, there are other players that will step up and play well but he helps a lot. he leads the team in points by like 11. when any good player on your team gets injured youre gunna be pissed. come on now.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:13 PM
UAGoalieGuy

My 159 number was a little off. They just said that the Rangers have 163 man games lost so far this season.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

The trade for Wolski is looking better and better

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
howztheglass

Holy crap just walked in the door and found out Dubi's going to be out for 3-4 weeks.Depth is good but even that's getting thin,even the Whale are running out of players to send up.This might push Sather to make a move sooner than we thought.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post
and dude. no one likes to see the best player on their team get injured. yes, there are other players that will step up and play well but he helps a lot. he leads the team in points by like 11. when any good player on your team gets injured youre gunna be pissed. come on now.
Of course I'm not happy about it. But you're not going to see me posting how the team is now done and how i've been "calling it" for a while now. That's just silly. There are ups and downs throughout the season...for both the team and its players. Yes, Dubi is on ice for a few weeks...but Cally will be back in about 10 days and EC is progressing as well. If Gaborik starts putting the puck in the net the team will be fine until Brandon gets back. I guess I've just learned to be more level headed over the years.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:34 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Just saw Dubi is out while watching the game

Massive blow

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Crease

A lot of people here are packing up and calling it quits after this news. A team with good character takes this news as an opportunity to step up their collective game. I think they can play .500 or better without Cally or Dubinsky based on the resiliency I've seen from them so far this year. And on the bright side, both of them will be fresh for a playoff run.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:49 PM
bumrusherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
The trade for Wolski is looking better and better
Yep. Very lucky that he has adjusted immediately.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:53 PM
NYRJE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Relax ladies and gentleman.

Allow me to introduce the future. It's called depth.

Seriously, I think we're gonna be pleasantly surprised.
Uh... right now you like a genius. Nice work... LOL

Rangers up 4-0 after 1. Who would've have thought?

NYRJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:30 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
Slats, if you got a deal cooking up to help us out offensively, now would be a good time.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:43 PM
aslim240

this does not change anything

This team was going to finish between 5 and 8, they still are.

The injuries to dubi and calli may actually help there chances in the playoffs as they will have taken the physical beating they normally would and both will be back soon enough that the rust will be gone before the playoffs.

And it also may be better long term as next contract should be a little more team friendly.

aslim240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Synergy27

Another tough injury to deal with, but the ever pessimistic Ranger fan in me has found a way to put a somewhat positive spin on this: Dubinsky has been prone to "disappear" for 10 game stretches before, so at least if he's going to disappear this time he'll be home resting up the bumps and bruises.

I realize that Dubi looks to have put it all together this year and has been far more consistent, but do yourselves a favor and think of it that way instead.

Synergy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:00 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I'm not calling for doom and gloom but as a fan of the guy, this is depressing. Here's to a speedy recovery.

01-20-2011, 12:02 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

This is unbelievable.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:40 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Ah! Sweet!

Good news then!!

Lol

I haven't gotten that far in life yet, still at the "rent" phase. I'd love a house sometime soon, that would be sweet. Running out of room in the apartment with two kids.
nows the time to buy bro...well at least here in Atlanta it is. ive been waiting and waiting and waiting and i finally decided to act. i LITERALLY bought a house for 50% of its value. granted, new york is different than here in GA, but i gotta say, if you have the money, or at least the credit, do it now before we rebound, and, imho, the housing market is just about as low as its going to get.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:22 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Slats, if you got a deal cooking up to help us out offensively, now would be a good time.
Waivers is the way to go. Give up nothing for temporary help. That, or find an expiring contract that will cost a low low pick. I'm not going to go in panic mode and give away prospects because of an injury.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:00 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Gaborik stepping up at the right time?

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 05:11 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Waivers is the way to go. Give up nothing for temporary help. That, or find an expiring contract that will cost a low low pick. I'm not going to go in panic mode and give away prospects because of an injury.
Michael Ryder, please. Would likely take a 4th + a lower level prospect, and he's a UFA at the end of the year. He's having a solid year, and has always been a goal scorer - albeit a streaky one. I think he'd fit in well anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Gaborik stepping up at the right time?
Hopefully. He needed to step it up big time anyway. He was great last game against the Canes; he just couldn't finish. I think coming off a game like this might change his fate.

01-20-2011, 07:29 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Cue Brooks article about how this is a good thing due to summer RFA.

ahh... I see Singn beat me to it
I know you're kidding but Dubinsky's agent(Kurt Overhardt) just needs to bring up these quotes to the arbitrator if it gets that far.

Quote:
On what Dubinsky has meant to the Rangers this season: Hes in every situation. Hes maturing. Hes becoming a leader. Thats just the stuff off the ice. You can see him maturing off the ice. Hes a big player for us. Hes a very important guy in all situations, offensively and defensively. Weve been using him more, because of our struggles taking faceoffs, on one circle. Weve been using him more there. So its a big hole. Its a big hole, but we cant as much as youd like to sit here and whine about it, pine about it we cant. We have five games in seven nights. So someone as a group, and this is how weve won this year, as a team youve got to pull together as a team and try to find a way to scrap points here.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...-to-four-weeks

Quote:
Its a big hole, Im not going to shy away from it, Tortorella added. Hes a huge piece here. So its everything. Hes a huge penalty killer for us. Hes one of leading scorers (actually, the Rangers leading scorer). He adds jam on our forecheck. He has done everything and he deserves credit for how hes played this year. So its a pretty big hole for us."
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...ts_a_big_hole/

Torts has made similar quotes about Callahan.

With Dubinsky and Callahan out,Boyle and Anisimov are thrust into more offensive roles. Boyle got #16 last night and AA had 4 assists. Manny Malhotra got 3 years/$7.5M from VAN as a group III. Paul Gaustad is making $2.3M cap. 3rd year of a 4 year/$9.2M contract. Combination of group II/III money.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 07:32 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The alternative could be a lot worse, Dubinsky said. If theres a small stress fracture there, and I block a shot or something happens, the outcome could be full fractured leg, and a plate and surgery and the whole nine yards. Were just trying to keep away from that. With the All-Star break coming up, its not the worst timing, thats for sure. (Ill) rest for a little while, and as soon as Im pain free, Im ready to roll. Nothing too crazy about it. It could be a week, it could be two weeks you never know.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...rake-maple-lea

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Defeatism. Pessimism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defeatism

All too common trait in sports fans of long suffering franchises.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote