HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Iginla was traded to Montreal...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2011, 02:12 PM
  #51
StreakingRed
#unsustainable
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Staal couldn't pass if he was going 200 on the highway...


StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:24 PM
  #52
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Staal couldn't pass if he was going 200 on the highway...

and every player has to prove something... but you can buy the hype all you want... more ice-time and better linemates comes with better opponents and there is no guarantee anyone can handle it until they prove they can

but we might as well end this now because you think Staal is the next coming of god and I think he is one of the most overrated player in the NHL... and you can have Kostitsyn... but on the Flames he will be Kotalik 2.0
You have no idea what you are talking about. Laughable how narcissistic you are, of course your right when your argument stems from ignorance regarding another teams player. Everybody who watches Staal and the flames play regularly knows that he is hands down better then every centre CGY has. I don't have to hype him at all, it's a fact. Go over to the PIT board and ask them what they would think of a trade centered around either Jokinen/Stajan for Staal. I'd love to read the replies.

You have no point to make about AK, because the only player I said that I'd rather have him over is Ryder. I already said I wasen't a huge fan of him in the first place. But again your argument stemmed from your ignorance regarding his play over the last 2 seasons. He's not soft, is still improving, and has a decent work ethic as of late. He has skill, and likes to take the body when he gets the chance.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:34 PM
  #53
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. Laughable how narcissistic you are, of course your right when your argument stems from ignorance regarding another teams player. Everybody who watches Staal and the flames play regularly knows that he is hands down better then every centre CGY has. I don't have to hype him at all, it's a fact. Go over to the PIT board and ask them what they would think of a trade centered around either Jokinen/Stajan for Staal. I'd love to read the replies.

You have no point to make about AK, because the only player I said that I'd rather have him over is Ryder. I already said I wasen't a huge fan of him in the first place. But again your argument stemmed from your ignorance regarding his play over the last 2 seasons. He's not soft, is still improving, and has a decent work ethic as of late. He has skill, and likes to take the body when he gets the chance.
yes because i have a differing view than you I don't watch any hockey but the flames... keep going to that lame and ******** argument...

and I never said anything about Staal having similar value to Jokinen or Stajan, don't ****ing make **** up... but then again thats all you do... you spout crap and fabricate things to appear right

and back to Kostitsyn... 'decent work ethic as of late' is all one needs to know in saying no to having him on their team... add in the fact he hasn't shown an ability to stay healthy and has never come close to his potential... what kind of moron wants a guy that never reached his potential acting as a vet on a rebuilding team?... you want guys that exceeded their potential to be the vet presence on a rebuilding team... or at the very least a guy that has carved out a solid reputation for playing a good all around game that the kids can respect

and when i saw soft i was referring to his health more than his physical play

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 02:39 PM
  #54
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,231
vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
I'd probably have to agree with your estimate. No I wouldn't trade Backlund because to me he is our best centre moving forward. The kid just needs some quality minutes to instill some offensive confidence in him. This club is pulling a boyd all over again, the difference being that Backlund actually deserves a shot at being top line.
I thought about this and I actually think I would make this trade. I think Pittsburg would as well. With Staal its pretty safe to assume that he will crack 70 points (at least) at some point in the NHL. Bourque may never get there with the Flames because of how inconsistent he is and his injuries. Backlund may get to that point one day, but then again he may not either. He hasn't shown us enough yet to prove that he can be that player (to be fair to him though, the coaches have not given him that chance this year). But I do agree, if Staal was traded here he would be our best centre. He would be better than Jokinen, and Stajan and him really are not even close. I will say that Jokinen has been playing much, much better of late. But he still is not a #1 at this point in his career, he is what a "decent" #2 centre should be.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:35 PM
  #55
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
yes because i have a differing view than you I don't watch any hockey but the flames... keep going to that lame and ******** argument...

and I never said anything about Staal having similar value to Jokinen or Stajan, don't ****ing make **** up... but then again thats all you do... you spout crap and fabricate things to appear right

and back to Kostitsyn... 'decent work ethic as of late' is all one needs to know in saying no to having him on their team... add in the fact he hasn't shown an ability to stay healthy and has never come close to his potential... what kind of moron wants a guy that never reached his potential acting as a vet on a rebuilding team?... you want guys that exceeded their potential to be the vet presence on a rebuilding team... or at the very least a guy that has carved out a solid reputation for playing a good all around game that the kids can respect

and when i saw soft i was referring to his health more than his physical play
Wait... so you said in 2-3 other posts in this thread that Jokinen and Stajan were better then Staal who hasen't proved anything. Now you back peddle and spin it into a value argument so you don't think you're going to look like an idiot for being ignorent about Staal's level of play.



Keep writing buddy, so everyone on this board can laugh. Why don't you do all of us a favour and admit that you have no clue what you are talking about. I do it all the time and other posters respect that about other posters. When I don't know much about the subject at hand I'll ask for others opinions or just not post and read so I learn. Instead you post whatever absurd thought pops into your head (usually to play devil's advocate), just to try and make yourself look more knowledgable about hockey. Give it a rest.

Again, maybe you'll learn to read this time. I'm not advocating a trade for AK, but I'd sure as hell have him as a salary dump over Ryder. Do you understand the difference in my argument?! AK VS. RYDER. IMO AK is clearly a better choice because of his skillset, age, potential, and RFA status.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:44 PM
  #56
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I thought about this and I actually think I would make this trade. I think Pittsburg would as well. With Staal its pretty safe to assume that he will crack 70 points (at least) at some point in the NHL. Bourque may never get there with the Flames because of how inconsistent he is and his injuries. Backlund may get to that point one day, but then again he may not either. He hasn't shown us enough yet to prove that he can be that player (to be fair to him though, the coaches have not given him that chance this year). But I do agree, if Staal was traded here he would be our best centre. He would be better than Jokinen, and Stajan and him really are not even close. I will say that Jokinen has been playing much, much better of late. But he still is not a #1 at this point in his career, he is what a "decent" #2 centre should be.
You must of been having the same thought process as me last night. I agree with you, in reflection I'd do the trade. The only reason I wouldn't want to throw Backlund in is because he is already one of our best defensive forwards at such a young age with room to grow. I really think one of the biggest weakness' of this team is forward defensive play and work ethic. That is why I am such a huge fan of trying to bring in a player like staal. He addresses a huge need for this team.

However as others have pointed out a true #1 playmaking centre should be the top priority whether it is in a rebuild scenario through the draft/prospect development or aquiring that player to play with Iggy now.

The point I'm trying to get across is that I feel a lot of fans overlook the fact that this team lacks true grit, work ethic, and defensive skill on the frontend. Honestly with our dmen and goalies I wouldn't make too many changes in that department. Regardless of Kipper's little slump, he carries this team pretty much game in and game out.

I always use DET as an example because they are the best team in hockey over the last decade and longer arguably. The reason is that their best offensive players are also their best defensive players (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Fillipula, etc...). That is a goal that every team should strive to achieve when managing a roster, because it wins cups.


Last edited by The Gnome: 01-21-2011 at 03:59 PM.
The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:47 PM
  #57
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Stewie Hockey™
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Mines
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Wait... so you said in 2-3 other posts in this thread that Jokinen and Stajan were better then Staal who hasen't proved anything. Now you back peddle and spin it into a value argument so you don't think you're going to look like an idiot for being ignorent about Staal's level of play.
Actually what he said was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
how has Staal proved he is better?... both Stajan and Jokinen had more points last year than Staal's best year... the kid has yet to break 50 points... he has not proven anything except he is capable of putting up similar numbers to Jokinen & Stajan...
But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument or anything...

Last Season:

Jordan Staal - 82 GP, 21g, 28a, 49 pts.
Olli Jokinen - 82 GP, 15g, 35a, 50 pts.
Matt Stajan - 82 GP, 19g, 38a, 57 pts.


Lawyered.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:54 PM
  #58
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
and Staal has still never played to a higher level than Jokinen or Stajan has the past 2 years... he has to prove it before I take it as gospel... unlike you I don't just buy into the hype
He also said this which clearly implies that Staal is not a better player then Stajan/Jokinen, or at least he is even.

The point is that Lunatik thinks that Stajan/Jokinen are comparable to Staal. Which is laughable.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:55 PM
  #59
AnAfricanMidget
Registered User
 
AnAfricanMidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Igloo
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
if i wanted wingers in that age range I would hold onto bourque and move stajan to the wing
Thats fair. I just dont get why instead of saying that, you have to take a **** on Kostitsyn. Its not like he is paid 5+ million and plays like a fourth liner. Why so much hate is all Im wondering.

AnAfricanMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 03:55 PM
  #60
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Actually what he said was:


But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument or anything...

Last Season:

Jordan Staal - 82 GP, 21g, 28a, 49 pts.
Olli Jokinen - 82 GP, 15g, 35a, 50 pts.
Matt Stajan - 82 GP, 19g, 38a, 57 pts.


Lawyered
.
Yeah your right lawyered is the best way to describe your response. Using those stats to compare these 3 players is a waste of time.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
  #61
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Wait... so you said in 2-3 other posts in this thread that Jokinen and Stajan were better then Staal who hasen't proved anything. Now you back peddle and spin it into a value argument so you don't think you're going to look like an idiot for being ignorent about Staal's level of play.



Keep writing buddy, so everyone on this board can laugh. Why don't you do all of us a favour and admit that you have no clue what you are talking about. I do it all the time and other posters respect that about other posters. When I don't know much about the subject at hand I'll ask for others opinions or just not post and read so I learn. Instead you post whatever absurd thought pops into your head (usually to play devil's advocate), just to try and make yourself look more knowledgable about hockey. Give it a rest.

Again, maybe you'll learn to read this time. I'm not advocating a trade for AK, but I'd sure as hell have him as a salary dump over Ryder. Do you understand the difference in my argument?! AK VS. RYDER. IMO AK is clearly a better choice because of his skillset, age, potential, and RFA status.
dude learn to ****ing read... i said Staal hasn't proven he is better... that's not saying he won't or can't... a large part of his value is potential... you brought up value not me... remember saying this?

Quote:
ask them what they would think of a trade centered around either Jokinen/Stajan for Staal. I'd love to read the replies.
as for Kostitsyn vs. Ryder... I will simplify it

I WANT THE CAP SPACE AFTER THIS SEASON... and Ryder will likely garner a larger return if we can flip him on deadline day... teams don't acquire RFAs making $3 million just to let them walk away

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:18 PM
  #62
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Stewie Hockey™
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Mines
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Yeah your right lawyered is the best way to describe your response. Using those stats to compare these 3 players is a waste of time.
Um, okay... Staal, while playing the 3rd highest amount of minutes/game on the entire Pittsburgh team last year (2nd highest minutes total), and producing lower point totals on a higher scoring team makes me want him... why exactly? Must be his 48.3% faceoff percentage...

Seriously, you need to give it a rest. He's certainly a responsible defensive player, but he's not ever going to be a #1 centre on a good team. His ceiling is likely somewhere around Daymond Langkow at best; but if he's not producing while on the ice with Crosby or Malkin, he won't produce with anyone. That's the reason Staal's never exceeded 70 points in a season in his career (in Junior and NHL), and would probably produce points at/near the Matt Stajan realm (if not less) in the Flames' defensive system.

Just because you have some kind of weird man crush on the guy doesn't make this any less true.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:24 PM
  #63
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Um, okay... Staal, while playing the 3rd highest amount of minutes/game on the entire Pittsburgh team last year (2nd highest minutes total), and producing lower point totals on a higher scoring team makes me want him... why exactly? Must be his 48.3% faceoff percentage...

Seriously, you need to give it a rest. He's certainly a responsible defensive player, but he's not ever going to be a #1 centre on a good team. His ceiling is likely somewhere around Daymond Langkow at best; but if he's not producing while on the ice with Crosby or Malkin, he won't produce with anyone. That's the reason Staal's never exceeded 70 points in a season in his career (in Junior and NHL), and would probably produce points at/near the Matt Stajan realm (if not less) in the Flames' defensive system.

Just because you have some kind of weird man crush on the guy doesn't make this any less true.
On the ice with Crosby and Malkin? Icetime? #1 centre? Way to look just as knowledgable as Lunatik. I'm done arguing about Staal, it's like arguing against religion with a fundamentalist.


Last edited by The Gnome: 01-21-2011 at 04:35 PM.
The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:28 PM
  #64
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
dude learn to ****ing read... i said Staal hasn't proven he is better... that's not saying he won't or can't... a large part of his value is potential... you brought up value not me... remember saying this?



as for Kostitsyn vs. Ryder... I will simplify it

I WANT THE CAP SPACE AFTER THIS SEASON... and Ryder will likely garner a larger return if we can flip him on deadline day... teams don't acquire RFAs making $3 million just to let them walk away
Regarding Staal. Keep spinning...maybe it'll work eventually.

What you fail to realize about AK is that other teams would actually be interested in him. Or, he could work out on this team because of the dynamic in skill that he brings to an offensivly challenged club...hmmmmm...

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
  #65
AnAfricanMidget
Registered User
 
AnAfricanMidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Igloo
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Um, okay... Staal, while playing the 3rd highest amount of minutes/game on the entire Pittsburgh team last year (2nd highest minutes total), and producing lower point totals on a higher scoring team makes me want him... why exactly? Must be his 48.3% faceoff percentage...

Seriously, you need to give it a rest. He's certainly a responsible defensive player, but he's not ever going to be a #1 centre on a good team. His ceiling is likely somewhere around Daymond Langkow at best; but if he's not producing while on the ice with Crosby or Malkin, he won't produce with anyone. That's the reason Staal's never exceeded 70 points in a season in his career (in Junior and NHL), and would probably produce points at/near the Matt Stajan realm (if not less) in the Flames' defensive system.

Just because you have some kind of weird man crush on the guy doesn't make this any less true.
Staal does not play with Corsby. And 3rd most minutes do not matter if he is spending most time on PK or playing a shutdown role against the other teams top lines. IIRC he only started playing with Malkin this year.

AnAfricanMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:42 PM
  #66
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Stewie Hockey™
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Mines
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
On the ice with Crosby and Malkin? Icetime? #1 centre? Way to look just as knowledgable as Lunatik. I'm done arguing about Staal, it's like arguing against religion with a fundamentalist.
Thanks for the compliment, and the precise analogy.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:43 PM
  #67
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOPula View Post
Staal does not play with Corsby. And 3rd most minutes do not matter if he is spending most time on PK or playing a shutdown role against the other teams top lines. IIRC he only started playing with Malkin this year.
Staal was 3rd on ESTOI/G among all forwards... at least a minute more than any winger in their top 6 last year (except Kunitz)... it would be nearly impossible to get that kind of ice-time and not see some playing time with one of them (I thought it was late last year that they tried Malkin on the Wing)... Staal maybe be their top penalty killer but it doesn't cost him time in other situations

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:46 PM
  #68
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Thanks for the compliment, and the precise analogy.
who would have thunk being compared to me would be a compliment... shows the sad state of this board

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:49 PM
  #69
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Staal was 3rd on ESTOI/G among all forwards... at least a minute more than any winger in their top 6 last year (except Kunitz)... it would be nearly impossible to get that kind of ice-time and not see some playing time with one of them (I thought it was late last year that they tried Malkin on the Wing)... Staal maybe be their top penalty killer but it doesn't cost him time in other situations
You're right Staal gets lots of icetime on a really good team. Maybe that will give you some actual insight into how good of a player he is. Because apparently you can't bother to watch him and then make smart, educated comments.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2011, 04:55 PM
  #70
AnAfricanMidget
Registered User
 
AnAfricanMidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Igloo
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Staal was 3rd on ESTOI/G among all forwards... at least a minute more than any winger in their top 6 last year (except Kunitz)... it would be nearly impossible to get that kind of ice-time and not see some playing time with one of them (I thought it was late last year that they tried Malkin on the Wing)... Staal maybe be their top penalty killer but it doesn't cost him time in other situations
Ok nvm then, I thoguht it was just overall icetime.

Staal is a good player. If he wasn't good he would not get that icetime. The thing I agree with you with is that offensively, he will produce around the same as Stajan/Jokinen. But his defence is what makes him so special.

So I agree with Lunatik that Staal would put up the same points as Stajan/Jokinen, but I will also agree that he is overall a better center. Its just we need an excellent offensive center, not an excellent defensive center.

AnAfricanMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 02:19 AM
  #71
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
You're right Staal gets lots of icetime on a really good team. Maybe that will give you some actual insight into how good of a player he is. Because apparently you can't bother to watch him and then make smart, educated comments.
I'm sorry does saying your boyfriend has not shown any more offensive ability than Stajan or Jokinen bother you?... facts are fact... Staal played a ton of minutes and was still only a 50 point player... see the thing you don't get is I watch Pittsburgh... the difference is I have stats to backup what I see... you just have your over inflated opinion of him

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 02:23 AM
  #72
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOPula View Post
Ok nvm then, I thoguht it was just overall icetime.

Staal is a good player. If he wasn't good he would not get that icetime. The thing I agree with you with is that offensively, he will produce around the same as Stajan/Jokinen. But his defence is what makes him so special.

So I agree with Lunatik that Staal would put up the same points as Stajan/Jokinen, but I will also agree that he is overall a better center. Its just we need an excellent offensive center, not an excellent defensive center.
and that last paragraph is exactly the point I have been trying to make... because i never said anything disparaging about Staal's defensive game

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:00 AM
  #73
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,231
vCash: 2403
I'm not going to get in argument over Staal, but IMO he has a ceiling than 50 points. The kid is only 22 and has been playing mostly in defensive role. My reason for thinking that is because of his skill set. He is a good skater, pretty good passer and has a nice shot. I would agree that his offensive peak will probably be around Langkow's best seasons, but I think he is capable of sustaining those numbers for longer than Langkow did. He would be a asset to this team no question.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 11:56 AM
  #74
Gold Pads*
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,039
vCash: 500
In my opinion, Stall would be great to pick up, but honestly I wouldn't move Backlund and Bourque together for him. I think Backlund has similar potential, though less physical upside, but maybe higher offensive upside. I don't think I could turn down Staal for Backlund straight up, but I know Pittsburgh wouldn't do this, so it's a moot point.

As for Montreal or Boston having more that might interest the Flames... I think Boston is the better fit.

I have zero interest in Kostitsyn, but I would love to add Subban and Eller. Leblanc would be a nice addition too, but their 1st isn't worth that much to me in a week draft, like 2011 is. Picks in the top 5 interest me, not in the middle or bottom of the first round.

Boston has Colborne and the Leafs 1st (which will likely be in the top 5 and could even end up being #1). Ryder coming back is little more than a salary offset and good riddance in the offseason. Wheeler, if he's included, would be better than Kostitsyn IMHO.

But I still think LA is the best fit for Iggy. Schenn and Simmonds coming back very much interests me.

Gold Pads* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 10:05 AM
  #75
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I'm sorry does saying your boyfriend has not shown any more offensive ability than Stajan or Jokinen bother you?... facts are fact... Staal played a ton of minutes and was still only a 50 point player... see the thing you don't get is I watch Pittsburgh... the difference is I have stats to backup what I see... you just have your over inflated opinion of him
You are either lying through your teeth or are actually as inept at judging player talent as your posts indicate. Sorry buddy but in the words of a hollywood classic "You are out of your element".

He does not have to be greater offensivly to have a larger impact on the team then either Stajan/Jokinen. This team clearly lacks defense/work ethic from their forwards, Staal would fill a huge hole in that regards (in our top six no less) and supply just as much offense. He's 22 and only going to get better offensivly. Your original point was that Staal is no better then Jokinen or Stajan are now and your are clearly wrong, but as usual will not admit it.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.